Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 915 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Marcos
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Tame Impala/Kevin Parker produced, performed and written everything on The Slow Rush? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!

Pls give him a AOTY nomination, I’m literally going to take out Brittany Howard just because of this!

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Tame Impala/Kevin Parker produced, performed and written everything on The Slow Rush? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! Pls give him a AOTY nomination, I’m literally going to take out Brittany Howard just because of this!

When he won best alternative song of the decade down under, they called him live and he was like “Yeah I know I’m good” and he’s not lying. Producing writing and performing, both vocally and instrumentally, is insane. It’s more insane that it’s good, too.

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

R&B Performance- "Pick Up Your Feelings" by Jazmine Sullivan
    Pop Song - "Paprika" by Japanese Breakfast
    Rock Song - "Real Pain" by Indigo de Souza
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker
    Pop Album - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Sure, but it’s Album sales is at 400,000 worldwide, and didn’t have any major hits in the US. Didn’t have a huge longevity. Meanwhile, Break My Heart is rising on the charts.

What is that number? pure sales from 2017 or something?

If you want to compare the longevity with the 2018 BPVA nominees, you can check their streaming totals on Spotify.

Divide – 9.3 billion
    Evolve – 4.2 billion
    Joanne – 1.1 billion
    Lust for Life – 1.0 billion
    Rainbow – 630 million
    Kaleidoscope EP – 190 million

Compare with Melodrama with 1.4 billion.

But you think Dua will win, because of acclaim and/or she’s a big Grammy favourite due to her BNA, unlike Lorde who only had a SOTY win and another in pop.

Dua can get a nomination and I’m sure her international sales help, but right now I don’t think she is big enough to win in the country where most of the Grammy voters live.

In a normal year she might be able to get the voters attention by doing every possible live performance between now and the end of Grammy voting, but this isn’t a normal year.

Perhaps if she had huge sales like Adele, or Sam Smith (in his winning year) it might be different. She really needs another hit and one that peaks closer to the Grammy voting period.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

The Weeknd ain’t sweeping, and I can’t wait to see all the disappointed posts when he doesn’t.

I hope they spread the wins around, although sweeps are quite common. I don’t see anyone with a broad appeal to people in different music genres/voting demographics, that is in the right position to sweep right now.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

What is that number? pure sales from 2017 or something? If you want to compare the longevity with the 2018 BPVA nominees, you can check their streaming totals on Spotify. Divide – 9.3 billion Evolve – 4.2 billion Joanne – 1.1 billion Lust for Life – 1.0 billion Rainbow – 630 million Kaleidoscope EP – 190 million Compare with Melodrama with 1.4 billion. But you think Dua will win, because of acclaim and/or she’s a big Grammy favourite due to her BNA, unlike Lorde who only had a SOTY win and another in pop. Dua can get a nomination and I’m sure her international sales help, but right now I don’t think she is big enough to win in the country where most of the Grammy voters live. In a normal year she might be able to get the voters attention by doing every possible live performance between now and the end of Grammy voting, but this isn’t a normal year. Perhaps if she had huge sales like Adele, or Sam Smith (in his winning year) it might be different. She really needs another hit and one that peaks closer to the Grammy voting period.

1. never said she was going to win, said we shouldn’t underestimate her, especially since she is battling 0/6 Malone and someone who has never been nominated before
    2. Those are streaming numbers on Spotify, not album sales and chart position.

3. it’s also good to know that Don’t Start Now on Spotify has 980 million streams. Break My Heart has 300 million streams and is increasing fast.
    4. I honestly don’t know who is going to win. I made a case for all of these albums, but the fact that a female British act is still being discussed with the lack of US sales is alarming. Indie pop and critic circles are still talking about her.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I hope they spread the wins around, although sweeps are quite common. I don’t see anyone with a broad appeal to people in different music genres/voting demographics, that is in the right position to sweep right now.

I see it in the vain that various people will sweep. Roddy will sweep the Pop categories. Abel will sweep ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo and Progress R&B Album. Fiona sweeps AOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance and Alternative Album. But who knows.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Blinding Lights is suppose to go back up to #2 on Billboard, taking that away from What’s Poppin. And y’all are unsure if he isn’t winning ROTY, SOTY, and Pop Solo?

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Panama Papers
    Topics:

Well, Assume Form was nominated last year, so they like him. But that was an album, not a song. Wish there was an alternative songs category that wasn’t rock.

Needed categories:

*Best Alternative Music/Experimental recording/performance.

*Best Latin pop/urban album and Best Latin rock/alternative album (it was horrible to see Pitbull and Natalia Lafourcade tying).

*Best asian pop album (?) (After hearing all the BTS’s snub complaints…)

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Needed categories: *Best Alternative Music/Experimental recording/performance. *Best Latin pop/urban album and Best Latin rock/alternative album (it was horrible to see Pitbull and Natalia Lafourcade tying). *Best asian pop album (?) (After hearing all the BTS’s snub complaints…)

How about:

1) Best Alternative Recording

2) Best Latin Alternative / Rock Album

3) Best International Pop Vocal Album

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Profile picture
    Panama Papers
    Topics:

3. it’s also good to know that Don’t Start Now on Spotify has 980 million streams. Break My Heart has 300 million streams and is increasing fast.

This is very importante. It must be one of the most streamed album of this year right now. The three singles she released are worldwild success. And although sales ain’t as massive as they could be, the Grammys will be considering the context the artists and the society in general are dealing with.

So, for me, Future Nostalgia is a lock for BPVA. It’s the pop album of the year, critically and commercially (even when it’s kinda ignored in the US).

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    Panama Papers
    Topics:

How about: 1) Best Alternative Recording 2) Best Latin Alternative / Rock Album 3) Best International Pop Vocal Album

Or, like the Academy previously, Best Non-English Speaking Recording.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia is one of the few pop albums in the last 10 years to have huge critical success and commercial success (the only other pop album is LEMONADE and that was submitted to Urban Contemporary).

You really Cant compare Dua to really anyone. Critics love that record.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Or, like the Academy previously, Best Non-English Speaking Recording.

I was going off what the Oscars did with changing foreign language film to international film.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 915 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.