Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 915 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Marcos
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Gaga isn’t winning anything. Chromatica lasted 4 weeks in the top 10 and will be a faded memory by the time voting comes around.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Joanne was an enormous flop before the Super Bowl and everybody knows it. Perfect Illusion debuted and peaked at #15 and Million Reasons peaked at #52 even though she performed it at the AMA’s and at the Victoria Secret Fashion Show and it even went out of the charts after a few weeks. It literally reentered and received its subsequent success just thanks to the Super Bowl performance. And Rain On Me saved the interest on the album since Stupid Love was already forgotten two month after being released.

The SuperBowl does have a big audience yes, around 100M. But you know what also has a big audience? Radio. Some songs are getting 100M+ audience every single week, not just in a one-time event. And the point is, if the SuperBowl could magically make something a hit, it would’ve made Justin Timberlake’s “Filthy” a hit. The SuperBowl just like radios, gives you a huge promo platform to increase the public’s familiarity with your songs. It doesn’t guarantee a favorable public reaction to your song. That depends on its quality.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

The point is how many nominations gaga will get? BPVA Best Pop Duo Best music video.

I have her for BPVA and Duo/Group. That’s it.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

If that so, joanne was still a major FLOP. Half of gaga’s daily chromatica streams are of rain on me. 3 million out of 6 million streams. If ariana wasn’t on album, it would have been doing 3-4 million daily streams which is a FLOP. Even Lover is doing 3 million+ daily streams with no huge singles after 1 year of release.

I think you guys should cut Gaga some slack. We are in the middle of the pandemic. We get that you always want to use every opportunity to show how Taylor is doing better than everyone else. But just so you know, Lover’s promo is nothing comparable to Chromatica. Literally  delivered Amazon packages had Lover’s cover on them in the U.S. Whereas, the public is still largely unfamiliar with Chromatica. Rain On Me still fails to debut on the callouts because of low familiarity rates.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

The point is how many nominations gaga will get? BPVA Best Pop Duo Best music video.

roddy rich, the weeknd, harry styles and dua lipa all have better mainstream videos than ROM.

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Honestly, why are people surprised with Chromatica‘s underperformance? Did you really thought a synthpop/house record would have any type of great chart performance in the US in 2020? And I’m not even debating promo – it wouldn’t happen, period. A Star Is Born was ubiquitous and had the award season/Oscar performance to it. It shouldn’t even be a discussion.

And no, Gaga isn’t entering the GF, neither is “Rain On Me” entering Best Music Video. She’ll just be a great competition for BPVA and almost a lock for Pop Duo/Group.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Blinding Lights is not happening in BMV. There’s nothing special about that video. Since when walking/driving around Vegas is worthy of a BMV nomination? I think if the committee wants to be generous to popular acts, they’ll probably nominate Roddy Rich, Dua Lipa and maybe Gaga. But I can see all three being shut out.

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

The only popular video I see entering is “The Box”. Maybe “Life Is Good”, who knows (but I doubt due to Drake’s name). Cheers to Roddy and his 7 nominations – AOTY, ROTY, Rap Album, Song, Performance, Melodic Rap and Best Music Video.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Also Harry has no chance in BMV whatsoever. That’s delusion. I have him in album, record, song, pop solo and pop album though.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Blinding Lights is not happening in BMV. There’s nothing special about that video. Since when walking/driving around Vegas is worthy of a BMV nomination? I think if the committee wants to be generous to popular acts, they’ll probably nominate Roddy Rich, Dua Lipa and maybe Gaga. But I can see all three being shut out.

they might submit IYE which is really good

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Also Harry has no chance in BMV whatsoever. That’s delusion. I have him in album, record, song, pop solo and pop album though.

are you calling me delusional? i never said he’s going to be nominated there, i literally said he has a better video (adore you) than ROM and is more likely…

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

I see Abel’s team submitting every video, like Billie Eilish last year (with “when the party’s over”, “bad guy” and “bury a friend”). However I don’t think he’ll be nominated – and if so, it’ll be the only mainstream choice alongside “The Box”.

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 915 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.