Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I think as of now Dua is the frontrunner to win Pop Vocal Album. She has insane critical support, one really big hit, one song shaping up to be a hit and insane radio support. Also this era was huge worldwide. Plus she is already on the Grammy radar and they voted her for Best New Artist when H.E.R. was on the mix and Bebe just had one of the biggest hits of the year on the Hot 100.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Are You Even Real? by James Blake is such a beautiful track! Hopefully it’s somewhere but probably not

It could be this year’s “Hey, Ma”.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Bon Iver have been nominated for every album, whether in GF or genre, they’ve released since their BNA win. And last year their Hey, Ma nomination was accompanied by an Album of the Year nom. That means they’ve been nominated in all four GF categories at one point or another. Kinda different situation to James Blake.

Two Hands, Big Thief -- "Shoulders"
    Punisher, Phoebe Bridgers -- "Garden Song"
    SAWAYAMA, Rina Sawayama -- "Snakeskin"
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen -- "Highwomen"
    The Slow Rush, Tame Impala -- "Breathe Deeper"
    Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple -- "For Her"

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439)!

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, while I do NOT think there is a “frontrunner” or “lock” in Best Pop Vocal Album, I can see Dua Lipa winning that category.  The best selling album doesn’t always win there.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

thinking about two opposite decisions made last year: one clever, one unfortunate.

• GIRL’s snub considering that Maren would receive 3-6 nods with The Highwomen this year and also eventually got a legitimate Hot 100 hit with GF buzz.
    • Hadn’t Roddy Ricch won a Grammy last year, he would be the frontrunner for BNA at this point.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

Frankly speaking,  who can win BPVA?

lady gaga – lackluster album,  moderate size hit, Not so great sales.

Harry – can win but boy band is connected to his name and had no history with grammys.  So, he may or may not win.

Post malone – his album is so blend type to call it a pop record and he is 0/6 so,  he can go 0/5 this time again.

Dua Lipa – brilliant album,  bad sales in USA but huge in other countries. 2 chart toppers, and she can keep out multipe hit singles like levitating at the time of voting.

Overall,  dua is going to win BPVA.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

This year’s “Hey, Ma” will be Fiona Apple’s submission to SOTY/ROTY.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

lady gaga – lackluster album, moderate size hit, Not so great sales.  

If Gaga can make Babylon a hit around the time of voting, this might change and she would win.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

If Gaga can make Babylon a hit around the time of voting, this might change and she would win.

Babylon can never be a hit.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

I was one of the delusional stans that predicted Rain On Me to get into ROTY but I’m sadly changing my mind, I feel like Gaga will only get 2 pop nods, winning one for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. I really wish she releases Alice/Fun Tonight/Free Woman as a single cause that would help her get also a Pop Solo nomination. Anyway winning one would still be good for her since her album in general was pretty underwhelming compared to the passion and hype she was surrounded by in the A Star Is Born era.

She had the movie, golden globe,  oscar hype that time.  It was deserved because SHALLOW was such a great song.

But her last 4 solo efforts/albums are underwhelming and very painful to listen.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Babylon can never be a hit.

Why not ? I think it’s the weirdest, catchiest (dance) song she has written in AGES. Bad Romance also struck me as weird at first and look how that went. I still think Chromatica has a spot in AOTY secured.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

She had the movie, golden globe, oscar hype that time. It was deserved because SHALLOW was such a great song. But her last 4 solo efforts/albums are underwhelming and very painful to listen.

The A Star Is Born soundtrack was really good and truly deserved its success. It’s such a shame she kind of fucked up her solo projects. ArtPop flopped hard and was just bad, Joanne would have been even more of a flop if it wasn’t for the Super Bowl that literally saved the era and Chromatica was saved by Ariana since we all saw how Stupid Love turned out….

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, it’s a wrap for Lady Gaga and Crapmatica.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

we’re on the 61st page… where’s mr paul sheehan

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

The A Star Is Born soundtrack was really good and truly deserved its success. It’s such a shame she kind of fucked up her solo projects. ArtPop flopped hard and was just bad, Joanne would have been even more of a flop if it wasn’t for the Super Bowl that literally saved the era and Chromatica was saved by Ariana since we all saw how Stupid Love turned out….

If the SuperBowl could save an era it would’ve saved Justin Timberlake’s Man of the Woods. Also I think it took place like 4 months after Joanne’s release? Also Ariana couldn’t save her own songs, Stuck With You, Don’t Call Me Angel, Boyfriend. I’m not sure why you suggest she saved Chromatica. That’s giving her too much credit. People didn’t buy or listen to the whole album because Ariana was on one song. That’s delusional of you to say, to be honest.

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.