Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 931 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
marcostm
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

are you saying AH is experimental and inaccessible?

Yes I am saying that AH is very experimental for a major studio album from an A-list star making music for mainstream impact. I have never heard any songs that sound like Too Late or like After Hours, it is an entirely new sound from an artist who already created his own sub-genre of RnB. And clearly the music is inaccessible to many people, including some critics. Even on this forum, we have a few people raving about the album and then a lot of people who hate the album except for the 80’s synth-pop songs.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Some people don’t know what experimental and inaccessible means? They call every album by their fav. experimental and something new even if that album is complete shit.

I am just saying that it is far more experimental than your typical pop album. Obviously this is not the same as highly experimental music like Tim Hecker or Oneohtrix Point Never who break all sorts of music theory rules, although Oneohtrix does actually have production credits on After Hours. For a pop/rnb/hiphop album, there are a ton of new ideas and experimentation here, both in the production and with the Weeknd’s vocal melodies.

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

Yes I am saying that AH is very experimental for a major studio album from an A-list star making music for mainstream impact. I have never heard any songs that sound like Too Late or like After Hours, it is an entirely new sound from an artist who already created his own sub-genre of RnB. And clearly the music is inaccessible to many people, including some critics. Even on this forum, we have a few people raving about the album and then a lot of people who hate the album except for the 80’s synth-pop songs.

hm…ok

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

yeah the weird predictions from selena gomez fans are quite funny. saw a few of them claiming she’s going to be nominated 7 times…

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Rare and all of its singles will get 0 nominations. If she manages to get any, it will be something for Lose You to Love Me

Profile picture
    Sky
    Topics:

yeah the weird predictions from selena gomez fans are quite funny. saw a few of them claiming she’s going to be nominated 7 times…

Her strongest and only possibility is through “Lose You To Love Me”, and I’m doubtful she’ll even happen anyways.

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Selena’s album is already out of billboard 200 chart.  LYTLM was not even that big.  She is so untalented musically YIKES!!! 

Selena will get 0 nominations as usual. Totally embarassing .

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

My predictions.

AOTY

FETCH THE BOLT CUTTERS 

SOTY

DON’T START NOW

ROTY

DON’T START NOW / THE BOX

BNA

DOJA CAT/ CONAN GRAY

BPVA

FUTURE NOSTALGIA 

BPSP

BLINDING LIGHTS/ DSN / CIRCLES

BP duo

RAIN ON ME

BMV

THE BOX

best Music film

MISS AMERICANA 

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

it’s outed every two years that a lot of Oscar voters will often not see some of the biggest contenders for Best Picture and the same goes for other categories. I would be surprised if the Grammy’s were any different.

I still don’t understand how someone can not know Grammy contenders, especially in a post-digital era, everybody has some music streaming service. It’s not like they Oscars where you actively have to seek out the film to see in a theatre or pay-to-rent online Everything a Grammy voter needs to own they already have access to in their pocket.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I still don’t understand how someone can not know Grammy contenders, especially in a post-digital era, everybody has some music streaming service. It’s not like they Oscars where you actively have to seek out the film to see in a theatre or pay-to-rent online Everything a Grammy voter needs to own they already have access to in their pocket.

The Oscars have an online portal where Academy members can watch all nominated content for free and voters still vote without watching the nominees. It is even easier to listen to all the AOTY nominated albums since you can put them on while you work on something. Voting in Best Picture/AOTY/SOTY/ROTY without having seen/listened to all of the nominees is just so lazy.

Profile picture
    lilly98
    Topics:

I like Selena and think she is a sweet girl but her album wasn’t good imo and her fanbase is truly delusional. I don’t see her getting any nominations. LYTLM was extremely front-loaded and her album is close to falling out of the Billboard 200 chart. And it’s not like critical acclaim can save her average commercial performance either. I don’t see it happening for her. Revival deserved a nomination and so did Bad Liar and It Ain’t Me, but Rare deserves nothing.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Talking about after hours – not a single song has excellent lyrics.  Many of them have awful lyrics.

Do you even know what After Hours is about, an if so, please elaborate on how the lyrics are “awful”.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

SOTY DON’T START NOW ROTY DON’T START NOW / THE BOX

Delusion.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I feel like Boys Will Be Boys is a cool song. I love it. It’s better than some songs on After Hours.

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

I feel like Boys Will Be Boys is a cool song. I love it. It’s better than some songs on After Hours.

I think people dislike the track because it feels out of place after all the dance-pop tunes. Still think it’s well written.

Can’t wait till she performs it at the GRAMMYs with a girls choir so it can debut at #1 and end misogyny.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.