Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 960 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Boz
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, let’s keep it real. Hayley Williams is NOT happening in the General Field.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

sawayama is sadly not happening in pop

She owes herself at least a strong ass campaign, so does Jessie Ware. Bring back unpopular music to pop!

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Engineered Album will go to FTBC. I don’t see anyone else winning there tbh.

Same.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

This is going to sound dumb as hell, but does Elton John and Anthony Fantano saying SAWAYAMA is one of the best albums this year count as campaigning? 😭 Say yes!

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

This is going to sound dumb as hell, but does Elton John and Anthony Fantano saying SAWAYAMA is one of the best albums this year count as campaigning? 😭 Say yes!

Not sure, but I can definitely see them putting her in BNA. Her album is adored by critics, as well I could see Phoebe Bridgers getting in as well.

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift is starting to decline in popularity. It happens to all pop stars. She’ll continue to get nominated here and there. She is NOT winning in the General Field again.

Taylor will get a SOTY Grammy IMO. She is too good/respected of a songwriter not to.

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! “Always Remember Us This Way” did NOT deserve to win Song of the Year. I don’t know who is more delusional: Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift stans.

NOT the person with an XTina avi saying this…

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Do y’all think “If The World Was Ending” by Julia Michaels & JP Saxe has a shot of being nominated for Best Pop Duo? It was produced by Finneas and performed by a respected artist who was nominated for BNA and SOTY in the past. Also, an alternative video for the song was released during quarantine to support Doctors Without Borders, featuring a lot of respected artists including H.E.R., Alessia Cara, Keith Urban, Sam Smith and others. That makes it a very topical song. It seems like a good candidate in such a dead category.

I think it’s a super sweet song and I wouldn’t mind it winning, let alone being nominated in pop duo.

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Panama Papers
    Topics:

Also, for those who are invested with Hayley as much as I am, where do you all think she should submit and is she locked for anything? There’s a 85% chance of her getting into Best Rock Song (being a previous winner) and an album nomination (depending where she submits).

IMO, she’ll just get Best Rock Song for Simmer because idk if Petals for Armor is a rock record (you know, like a traditional or modern rock).

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    Panama Papers
    Topics:

Do y’all think “If The World Was Ending” by Julia Michaels & JP Saxe has a shot of being nominated for Best Pop Duo? It was produced by Finneas and performed by a respected artist who was nominated for BNA and SOTY in the past. Also, an alternative video for the song was released during quarantine to support Doctors Without Borders, featuring a lot of respected artists including H.E.R., Alessia Cara, Keith Urban, Sam Smith and others. That makes it a very topical song. It seems like a good candidate in such a dead category.

Omg I had forgotten about that song. It has a certain potential because of the numbers in streaming.

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

I think SAWAYAMA will be the Melodrama/Dirty Computer/NFR! of the year, an AOTY and maybe BNA nom but nothing else.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Opinions on the new Lianne La Havas, Protomaryr, and Nicolas Jaar albums?

I love Nicolas Jaar and have been listening to him a lot recently. New EP is only four very long songs, and I get the impression that it’s just a little side project continuing on his creative energy from Cenizas and kind of an unstructured dump of all his ideas and sounds that didn’t make it onto Cenizas. It definitely has more of a freestyle feeling to it. Cenizas feels very intentionally composed, and here he sounds like he is just jamming and going with the flow. Very wabi sabi, but I think I prefer Cenizas. Some of the tracks like Gocce on Cenizas are really special. I don’t know how to describe them except that they tickle your ears and give you a weird sensation when you listen to them. I think he is far too niche for the Grammy’s. He has zero chance of dance/electronic recording, maybe 20% chance of an album nom for Cenizas. If you are into electronic music that is more deep/abstract/heady, you should check out the new album from Shinichi Atobe that came out last week.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 960 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.