Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 972 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Boz
ELIAS ⚡️
  • Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Opinions on the new Lianne La Havas, Protomaryr, and Nicolas Jaar albums?

I love Nicolas Jaar and have been listening to him a lot recently. New EP is only four very long songs, and I get the impression that it’s just a little side project continuing on his creative energy from Cenizas and kind of an unstructured dump of all his ideas and sounds that didn’t make it onto Cenizas. It definitely has more of a freestyle feeling to it. Cenizas feels very intentionally composed, and here he sounds like he is just jamming and going with the flow. Very wabi sabi, but I think I prefer Cenizas. Some of the tracks like Gocce on Cenizas are really special. I don’t know how to describe them except that they tickle your ears and give you a weird sensation when you listen to them. I think he is far too niche for the Grammy’s. He has zero chance of dance/electronic recording, maybe 20% chance of an album nom for Cenizas. If you are into electronic music that is more deep/abstract/heady, you should check out the new album from Shinichi Atobe that came out last week.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Kanye’s album DONDA (FKA God’s Country) is coming this Friday (assuming he doesn’t change his mind last minute). It is expected to have a lot of Christian influence, but not be a 100% Christian themed album like JIK or JIB. The album will feature a few leaked tracks, including Yandhi era leaks Hurricane and New Body. New Body features one of the best verses of Nicki Minaj’s career, the “You aint fuck me you fucked my old body” verse that blew up on Tik Tok. Unfortunately, since DONDA is expected to be a family friendly album, it is likely that Nicki’s verse is cut from the album.  It will also feature the track Up From the Ashes, which plays in the background of livestreams from North West’s birthday party. The track features the Sunday Service Choir and sounds absolutely gorgeous. Startlingly beautiful and intense.

Maybe Kanye isn’t popular here, but I cannot wait for this album.

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Kanye’s album DONDA (FKA God’s Country) is coming this Friday (assuming he doesn’t change his mind last minute). It is expected to have a lot of Christian influence, but not be a 100% Christian themed album like JIK or JIB. The album will feature a few leaked tracks, including Yandhi era leaks Hurricane and New Body. New Body features one of the best verses of Nicki Minaj’s career, the “You aint fuck me you fucked my old body” verse that blew up on Tik Tok. Unfortunately, since DONDA is expected to be a family friendly album, it is likely that Nicki’s verse is cut from the album. It will also feature the track Up From the Ashes, which plays in the background of livestreams from North West’s birthday party. The track features the Sunday Service Choir and sounds absolutely gorgeous. Startlingly beautiful and intense. Maybe Kanye isn’t popular here, but I cannot wait for this album.

He removed Nicki from New Body lmao. This album will be straight up garbage just like his last efforts. People need to stop entertaining this man/consuming his products. He needs to be in a facility receiving treatment, not promoting music or “running” for President.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I know Kanye is mentally ill, but he wouldn’t be such a great artist if he were neuro-typical. He creates music that is different from other artists because his brain works differently from other people. Kanye seems to make his best music when he is having a manic episode. Imo, it only stigmatizes mental illness if we can’t recognize that someone is both mentally ill and also a great artist. I hope to see Kanye happy and healthy, but I do not ever want to see him doped up and medicated to the point that he loses his voice and loses his personality just so that he can be “normal” and well behaved. I do hope that Kanye is able to get some help and someone can talk some sense into him about Trump and so he can stop taking shots at Harriet Tubman. However, everything that I have heard so far from this album sounds amazing.

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Kanye is a nutcase, people need to stop paying attention to him. That’s what he thrives off.

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

I know Kanye is mentally ill, but he wouldn’t be such a great artist if he were neuro-typical. Kanye seems to make his best music when he is having a manic episode.

That’s a dangerous mindset to have about any artist.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Get real!  Sawayama will NOT be another Melodrama/Norman Fucking Rockwell!/Dirty Computer.  It won’t be anywhere near Album of the Year.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Do y’all think “If The World Was Ending” by Julia Michaels & JP Saxe has a shot of being nominated for Best Pop Duo? It was produced by Finneas and performed by a respected artist who was nominated for BNA and SOTY in the past. Also, an alternative video for the song was released during quarantine to support Doctors Without Borders, featuring a lot of respected artists including H.E.R., Alessia Cara, Keith Urban, Sam Smith and others. That makes it a very topical song. It seems like a good candidate in such a dead category.

Could be. I also think it could get into SOTY.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I know Kanye is mentally ill, but he wouldn’t be such a great artist if he were neuro-typical. He creates music that is different from other artists because his brain works differently from other people. Kanye seems to make his best music when he is having a manic episode. Imo, it only stigmatizes mental illness if we can’t recognize that someone is both mentally ill and also a great artist. I hope to see Kanye happy and healthy, but I do not ever want to see him doped up and medicated to the point that he loses his voice and loses his personality just so that he can be “normal” and well behaved. I do hope that Kanye is able to get some help and someone can talk some sense into him about Trump and so he can stop taking shots at Harriet Tubman. However, everything that I have heard so far from this album sounds amazing.

He has made some of his worst and most inaccessible music when he’s completely off the rails. That’s why he hasn’t gotten much Grammy love lately.

He needs help. Not people enabling his grandiosity.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I know Kanye is mentally ill, but he wouldn’t be such a great artist if he were neuro-typical.

So you think him making (subjectively) good music is more important than him being okay mentally?

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, plenty of people are mentally ill.  No need to single out Kanye West.  Let him do him.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I ain’t touching this Kanye back and forth.

There’s the slightest of slight chances Rina could be a committee nominee in AOTY. A nomination for an acclaimed dance-pop-nu-metal artist who’s an Asian female will definitely assist when it comes to the diversity argument. But even then, it’s a pretty long stretch. Outside of stan Twitter her album has not made enough noise, and not enough industry people have talked about it to indicate that it’s popular within the industry. While there’s a handful of albums this year that are overall more acclaimed. And voters will have more obvious and Grammy friendly options when it comes to female and “diversity” nominees.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

The fact is even if the committee brings the diversity argument to the table, it’s not Rina Sawayama they’ll go for it, but Bad Bunny. In the end of the day when you’re a pop artist chart success is all that matters. I’m predicting a full snub for her, but glad if she manages to break in bna at least.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 972 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.