Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 971 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Boz
PSALMS🌕
  • Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

The critics are way more generous with white women. And critic reception influence predictions.

But will the academy allow a lineup with half or almost half of white women?

Also, aren’t there many Pop albums being predicted for AOTY too? Almost all of BPVA in AOTY…

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

96 on Metacritic. Waiting for the hating as bitches to tell me that’s a low score and the new normal on Metacritic now has to be 145. 😂

The girl will probably end up with around a 90. And good for her. But many of you same folks that were dismissing MC scores are now hyping them. Okay. And yes, I am high-key hating. The album is well made but basic. Just like Dua and Rina, it’s a solid album that critics are gonna act like is more than that. And some of you Swifties are being hella hypocritical. Also, did people forget that Dua had a 94 by the end of her first day?

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

But will the academy allow a lineup with half or almost half of white women?

Also, aren’t there many Pop albums being predicted for AOTY too? Almost all of BPVA in AOTY…

White women are perceived to be “minorities” too. So I guess the Academy won’t have issues with that. I think Post Malone and Harry are more vulnerable. I’m very close to concluding that Malone won’t be in the lineup. He’s being overshadowed more and more with every new release.

Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Honey, what delusional Swifties fail to understand is that the blue-ribbon committee will block Taylor again.  If Swift gets in Album of the Year, she is a threat to win.  Having another white woman win during this climate will NOT be a good look.

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

Dua lipa wont happen in aoty

I agree… Fiona Apple and Taylor Swift “stole” her thunder. Future Nostalgia is no longer the most critically acclaimed album by a female artist in 2020 (not even in Pop).

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

The reason I’m not convinced Taylor will be in album of the year yet (or win) is that we don’t know if this era will spawn a hit or not. Do you imagine voters being that excited about this album 4-5 months from now? We’ve seen with Lana Del Rey how critical acclaim alone doesn’t matter. If this album spawns a #1 hit. Then yes, it could be winning some grammy’s this year.

This. Lets hope Taylor who is notorious for releasing horrible singles doesn’t mess this up. She finally has an album w/ critical acclaim. All she needs to do is release one decent single (exile would be a great choice to promote) and she will win something next year.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I agree… Fiona Apple and Taylor Swift “stole” her thunder. Future Nostalgia is no longer the most critically acclaimed album by a female artist in 2020 (not even in Pop).

Dua’s acclaim was never gonna sustain throughout the year. It’s a pure commercial dance-pop album that wasn’t a big hit in the states. And its MC score went down a few notches after a few days. It’s also just not Grammy bait. She should be grateful that the album has the acclaim it has and that she’ll get the nods she’ll get, because it’s barely okay. Gaga is really the one left in the trenches.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Honey, what delusional Swifties fail to understand is that the blue-ribbon committee will block Taylor again. If Swift gets in Album of the Year, she is a threat to win. Having another white woman win during this climate will NOT be a good look.

See, this was my mindset, but I don’t know if Folklore is the type of album they wouldn’t want to win. It’s pretty baity and, unlike Lover and Reputation, “mature”.

Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Get real!  White women are NOT perceived to be minorities.  Y’all must be smoking that endo.  White privilege is very real.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Cardigan can go #1 but well have to see how well it does on spotify since is doing well on am and youtube

Did she send it to radio? With a radio deal it could debut at #1. But if it falls out of the top 10 the following week, it’s not a good look. We’ve had many of those #1s this years.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Taylor’s release killed Future Nostalgia’s chances immediately. Don’t start now will still be in record but the album is toast.

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Yeah, everyday Duas chances to go home emptyhanded get higher and higher

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

See, this was my mindset, but I don’t know if Folklore is the type of album they wouldn’t want to win. It’s pretty baity and, unlike Lover and Reputation, “mature”.

A Star Is Born was baity, mature and blocked. They don’t want Taylor to win AOTY thrice. At this moment I’m still pretty sure she’s getting blocked again too.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

If she gets nommed, she won’t win. That’s why I think the committee won’t block her.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

I kinda agree about FN. I feel less confident about it. Its main selling point was the critical acclaim. I think Don’t Start Now is a lock in Record.

To be completely frank, there is just one lock this year: The Weeknd, After Hours. The rest will be completely up to the committee.

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 971 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.