Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 521 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
M
  • kanil032
    Participant
    Topics:

And why is thread being dry asf today. Lol. Totally forgot about Justin Bieber for those who listened. Thoughts?

I tried to give justin’s new album a try but man,,,,, it is complete garbage..

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m listening to Justin’s new album, and it’s pretty bland. There’s not much that is standing out here.

ReplyCopy URL
    kanil032
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m listening to Justin’s new album, and it’s pretty bland. There’s not much that is standing out here.

You are so true..
    Independent gives it a 2/5
    The guardian gave it 3/5
    I am expecting it will be a BIG FLOP….

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  kanil032.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  kanil032.
    ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Justin needs better producers honestly. I haven’t listened to the album yet because I don’t wanna go to bed with a headache. I listened to <i>purpose</i> yesterday and it was okay. The producers came through. Sorry, Company, and Where Are Ü Now are easily his best songs.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

NTD will most definitely get a SWFVM nomination.

But I don’t see it competing in other categories like ATS, Shallow and SYA, unless it becomes a huge hit.

I think Everything I Wanted has more potential if radios pick it up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mary J
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  Justin Bieber’s new album will NOT be a big flop.  Those young white girls live for him.

Honey, Bieber is getting more black with each song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Brandi Carlile is doing a song for the new Pixar film, so it’d be interesting to see Billie vs Brandi vs Lin Manuel Miranda this awards season.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Tame Impala I think will get the Vampire Weekend push. The album isn’t getting his best reviews (though both got an 8.0 from Pitchfork which is good for an artist a few albums in), but he’s more mainstream and known than ever and it feels like he’s due to get some Grammy love.

It’s agreed that Bieber is a bit of a write-off. He really messed this up. He had everything going to make a comeback and he couldn’t even get a number one single. The album is bland and the Grammys aren’t the biggest fans of him anyway.

Billie’s track is really pretty, but I feel like she just gave in to the recent trend of soaring ballads for James Bond with a moody orchestral instrumentation. I wanted something a bit edgier from her.

Migos have a new track that could play in the rap categories, they’re due for CULTURE III.

Sam Smith’s track is a little forgettable. He did need a ballad though to appeal to Grammy voters.

A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie will get a lot of streams, but won’t crack the Grammys. Roddy Ricch stole his thunder.

Nathaniel Rateliff could make an impact in maybe Americana categories or rock?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  ScottyDog.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  ScottyDog.
    ReplyCopy URL
    reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t see No Time to Die being a big event. It’s boring. I was actually impressed with her vocals, but I don’t see it being as big as Adele/Sam’s Bond songs at allllll. Really forgettable.

If it’s a weak year in the film music fields, it will get a nomination. But it’s so early that if 5 other songs come out that are even somewhat more memorable, I don’t think she’s a lock by any means.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

To Die For is a good song. It won’t be nominated, but still.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Brandi Carlile is doing a song for the new Pixar film, so it’d be interesting to see Billie vs Brandi vs Lin Manuel Miranda this awards season.

I thought this was about Soul, and I was going to point out how questionable it is that Brandi would be doing the theme song for a movie about… black music. But alas, this is for Onward. (Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are scoring Soul though, which, HMMM…)

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t see No Time to Die being a big event. It’s boring. I was actually impressed with her vocals, but I don’t see it being as big as Adele/Sam’s Bond songs at allllll. Really forgettable.

Sam’s song flopped.

ReplyCopy URL
    crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

Justin album is bad

the only song that has potentuial is “intentions” all the rest is forgetable at best

the album will sell a lot because of his big fanbase, but I dont see his music making any type of impact

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Take It Out on Me and E.T.A. are such good songs. If this album was more like that, it would be good. Sadly, what we got was a mostly bland, unmemorable piece of work.

ReplyCopy URL
    JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Take It Out on Me and E.T.A. are such good songs. If this album was more like that, it would be good. Sadly, what we got was a mostly bland, unmemorable piece of work.

Saw this thing that said that E.T.A’s beat and sound is a direct copy of a song Justin already did on Journals… don’t know what it’s called but I hear it and it’s the same just in a different key.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 521 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.