Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 333 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
JDM
  • JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

^^its called all that matters

ReplyCopy URL
    Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

WHISTLEBLOWERS: Some Grammy insiders are exasperated and pissing outside the tent over a selection process they claim has been broken for well over a decade—so broken, in fact, that of the 13k eligible voters, fewer than 500 voted in the first round. https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=320020&title=NEAR-TRUTHS:-BLOWING-THE-WHISTLE

Embarrassing if true.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

That would (partially) explain some of those weird pop field nominations in the last few years.

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Embarrassing if true.

That would not be a huge surprise.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before. Just look at the number of times we had 6+ nominations in the pop categories over the past decade.

Anyone with a basic understanding of probabilities should know that a large numbers of ties shouldn’t happen when there are thousands of voters.

But if there was a total of just 500 active voters, then it becomes easier to understand how there could be ties for the 5th place pop vocal album in 2015, 2018 and 2019.

If those are the real numbers, then the whole nominations process has no credibility. It doesn’t matter what the committee does afterwards when the list of nominees they have to work with, represents the choices of such a small number of voters.

Of course it goes without saying, that in any proper election they would as a minimum, report the total number of votes for the nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Interstella 5555
    Participant
    Topics:

Let this be the year that Grimes finally gets a Grammy nom, please.

ReplyCopy URL
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Quick question: Normally, for album awards like Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Alternative Music Album, the producers and engineers of the winning album would also be awarded. Did that happen this past Grammys?

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Quick question: Normally, for album awards like Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Alternative Music Album, the producers and engineers of the winning album would also be awarded. Did that happen this past Grammys?

They will be awarded. It’s been a longstanding rule that producers, engineers, and mixers of the majority of the album share the award with the artist. I don’t think it’s listed on the Grammy website yet, but it took months for them to update last year’s winners with the producers, etc. who also won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Where do you guys think The Slow Rush will be submitted? It obviously belongs in Pop Vocal Album, but will it happen?

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

ReplyCopy URL
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

They will be awarded. It’s been a longstanding rule that producers, engineers, and mixers of the majority of the album share the award with the artist. I don’t think it’s listed on the Grammy website yet, but it took months for them to update last year’s winners with the producers, etc. who also won.

So Finneas has 6 Grammys?

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Where do you guys think The Slow Rush will be submitted? It obviously belongs in Pop Vocal Album, but will it happen?

definitely alternative. It’s sort of a rehash of the psychedelic pop found in Currents, which was nominated in 2015 in the same category. It’s not psychedelic, it also has elements of dance, electronic, and rock.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Justin’s new album ain’t happening. It’s a total bomb and is being trashed by critics. 10,000 Hours w/ Dan + Shay is his best bet at a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    bctdocinha
    Participant
    Topics:

“#NoTimeToDie  by @billieeilish debuts at #1 on the Global Spotify Chart and at #2 on the US Chart with 7.1M and 2.2M streams respectively.”, she did that!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

“#NoTimeToDie by @billieeilish debuts at #1 on the Global Spotify Chart and at #2 on the US Chart with 7.1M and 2.2M streams respectively.”, she did that!

It’s pretty wild how damn near every song Billie makes becomes an immediate success on streaming platforms.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Yea, Justin Bieber really disappoints on his new album. I’m surprised Scooter allowed this to happen. His vocals are great and mature, but man is the songwriting awful! Every song is about his new marriage and sounds corny and repetitive. The album should have been titled “PDA” because that is essentially what this project is… and just like with most public displays of affection, no one wants to see or hear it.

I think “Intentions” featuring Quavo is the only song that has the potential to become a hit. If it does, then I can see it scoring some Grammy love. The album will be ignored though. It will be interesting to see if the label pulls a Justin Timberlake and tries to submit/get him a nomination in R&B song. Maybe with “Get Me” featuring Kehlani?

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It annoys me how the screening panel will most likely push Changes to Pop when something like Cuz I Love You – which is way, way more pop – gets thrown into Urban Contemporary. They need to stop relegating black artists to R&B and stop pushing borderline cases into Pop.

Anyways this is how he’ll most likely submit

Yummy – ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo
    Intentions – Pop Duo/Group
    Second Emotion – Rap/Sung, if they wanna go there
    Changes – AOTY, Pop Vocal

Get Me is poppier than most songs on the album. Submitting in R&B would be category fraud.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.