Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,248 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

She was absolutely filler in the general field this year, since Thank U, Next and “7 Rings” were never going to win there. The nominations were an acknowledgment of her success, but she never stood a chance. Just like Bieber and Purpose.

And I’m not so sure Ariana was the next in line for Pop Solo last year. Camila and Post Malone’s hits were MUCH bigger.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

She was absolutely filler in the general field this year, since Thank U, Next and “7 Rings” were never going to win there. The nominations were an acknowledgment of her success, but she never stood a chance. Just like Bieber and Purpose.

And I’m not so sure Ariana was the next in line for Pop Solo last year. Camila and Post Malone’s hits were MUCH bigger.

She won against Camila for Pop Vocal Album and Post Malone couldn’t even get a nom there. She was next in line.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

That proves nothing. Lorde and Bruno Mars split Pop Solo and Pop Album in the same year. Lil Nas X, Portugal. The Man, and A Great Big World all won Best Pop Duo/Group Performance without Pop Vocal Album nominations (against artists who were nominated in the latter category, to boot).

“Better Now” and especially “Havana” were ubiquitous, and “God Is a Woman” was barely a blip on the radar. I have a hard time believing it would have won.

ReplyCopy URL
    burbigo1
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s songs and albums were always big hits in my opinion and she deserves to win

ReplyCopy URL
    Toni
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, even after losing five Grammy nominations, Ariana Grande fangirls are still delusional.  The only category Ariana had a small chance of winning was Best Pop Vocal Album.  Lil Nas X and Lizzo were way ahead of her in ROTY.  Lizzo was way ahead of her in AOTY.  Billie Eilish was way ahead of her in Best Pop Solo Performance.  All of the nominees were way ahead of her in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Even Stevie Wonder can see that Ariana Grande was pure filler.

ReplyCopy URL
    Savagtz
    Participant
    Topics:

If Adele releases her fourth album in September, the lead single may come in August.

ReplyCopy URL
    JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ariana has submitted NTLTC I could see her winning Pop Solo but I don’t think she would have been next in line with GIAW! She really screamed herself with placing stuff that year!

ReplyCopy URL
    JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

If Adele releases her fourth album in September, the lead single may come in August.

I don’t see her submitting it though if it came in August! She’s probably pull a Set Fire To The Rain and submit a live version!

ReplyCopy URL
    Savagtz
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see her submitting it though if it came in August! She’s probably pull a Set Fire To The Rain and submit a live version!

She can do as Taylor Swift in 1989, submit the lead single and the following year submit the second single + album. But unlike Taylor with Shake It Off, Adele would probably win SOTY / ROTY / Pop Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

No Time To Die gets better and better with every listen. I want it to become a bigger hit and see it nominated across the board.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tooner
    Participant
    Topics:

No Time To Die gets better and better with every listen. I want it to become a bigger hit and see it nominated across the board.

ReplyCopy URL
    RichardAniston
    Participant
    Topics:

Same. I like it more every time I here. But I can’t see it getting into the GF if even Skyfall by Grammy darling Adele didn’t. Maybe a Pop Solo nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG this gif

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m obsessed with Justin Bieber’s Intentions. I love the song. Yummy was an awful first single.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it will. It already fell to #4 on its 2nd day on Spotify and on kworb sales are decreasing very fast. For reference Shallow held the #1 spot for months.

And I don’t think radios will play the song considering it’s not really upbeat.

The best she can hope for is a strong TOP10 debut and an Oscar/GG nominations and potentially wins if the competition is weak.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.