Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,248 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

How would y’all rank these contenders as of today, from most likely to least likely?

Pop Solo
    Circles
    Dance Monkey
    Good as Hell
    Everything I Wanted/No Time to Die
    Anyone
    Don’t Start Now
    Adore You
    Blinding Lights
    Roxanne
    The Bones
    Lose You to Love Me
    The Man
    You Should Be Sad
    Underdog
    To Die For
    Before You Go
    Yummy

Pop Duo/Group
    Memories
    10,000 Hours
    Take What You Want
    Good as Hell
    Intentions
    Goodbyes
    South of the Border
    My Oh My
    Orphans
    What a Man Gotta Do
    Rodeo

Pop Album
    Hollywood’s Bleeding
    Fine Line
    Future Nostalgia
    Manic
    Romance
    Rare
    To Die For
    Changes
    K Bye for Now
    High Road
    Courage

Denzel Mcconico
    Participant
    Topics:

Voters have proven time and time again they do not give a shit about Sam Smith.

Um, yeah..  I already established that, I’m just giving my cents in the reasons why, and that’s perfectly fine, it’s not like Sam doesn’t have 4 Grammys already.

anyways, I hope Halsey & Harry snatched some nods this time.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

true but I didn’t say that was the reason of the snubs, I personally think it’s homophobia In general because when you think about it, the more Sam become open with their sexuality the Grammys just seemed to turn on them with no warning even when “Too Good At Goodbyes”, TTOIA album & finally DWAS being successful projects getting completely shut out, they even done Troye Sivan dirty with his acclaimed second album, it’s honestly disgusting.

Even though those 2 were snubbed, personally I feel the snubs were warranted last time. Personally if I weren’t getting awarded due to homophobic tendencies, I wouldn’t care about the artist not being awarded, more towards their how they are as a person. I will agree that the LBGT+ have been discriminated against by the Grammys. Personally for Dance/Electronic album last year, SOPHIE should have won, not Jon Hopkins.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally I feel that the Pop Categories have been a white cis female awards. Honey this year Dua Lipa will probably will win this year.

Barnacles Bro

Denzel Mcconico
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though those 2 were snubbed, personally I feel the snubs were warranted last time. Personally if I weren’t getting awarded due to homophobic tendencies, I wouldn’t care about the artist not being awarded, more towards their how they are as a person. I will agree that the LBGT+ have been discriminated against by the Grammys. Personally for Dance/Electronic album last year, SOPHIE should have won, not Jon Hopkins.

Sam doesn’t even like awards shows in general, so I assume their not bothered because ultimately Sam has reminded successful for nearly a decade in.

watch the Grammys pay lil nas dust in the future, if they did it Sam, they’ll certainly do it to again towards nas especially him being a black rapper, we already know that other shady af discrimination in the Grammy committee

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam identifies as Them or They. You probably didn’t know but it could be offensive when using the wrong pronouns!

1) Yes, I did not know.
    2) I don’t really understand how a singular person has a “they/them” pronoun.
    3) I will from now on refer to this singer as “Sam”, “Smith” or “Sam Smith”. Try not to get your panties in a bunch.

Either way, Sam deserves to be in competition, but it’s likely that Sam will not get Smith’s due.

May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows.

Toni
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, plenty of artists have gotten snubbed only to be nominated years later.  Sam Smith will get nominated again.

Denzel Mcconico
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, plenty of artists have gotten snubbed only to be nominated years later. Sam Smith will get nominated again.

lets hope because it’s criminal how DWAS got snubbed even with it’s success, like it should’ve snatched ari boyfriend’s slot that literally was thank u next rehash and to add more injury, not even awarded her, so they just wasted a slot 💀

Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think that Kesha and Dua has chances to get nods?

crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

lets hope because it’s criminal how DWAS got snubbed even with it’s success, like it should’ve snatched ari boyfriend’s slot that literally was thank u next rehash and to add more injury, not even awarded her, so they just wasted a slot 💀

honestly, it made no sense for that boyfriend song to be nominated over DWAS

no logic explanation

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

2) I don’t really understand how a singular person has a “they/them” pronoun.

They has always been used to identify singular people whose gender you don’t know.

For example, most people call other GD users “they/them” unless they’ve stated their gender.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think that Kesha and Dua has chances to get nods?

Dua, yes. Kesha, no.

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

They has always been used to identify singular people whose gender you don’t know. For example, most people call other GD users “they/them” unless they’ve stated their gender.

Exactly. People use they/them as pronouns when gender isn’t known.

”I asked the cashier how much it cost”

”Oh, what did THEY say”

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Try not to get your panties in a bunch.

See this is the problem… I wasn’t upset, I was simply informing you on how to be respectful  in a polite manner and you got defensive! It’s not hard to just say ok and move on when someone corrects you. I wasn’t being rude I just wanted you to know!

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m gonna use the they/them pronouns for Sam Smith, but I’m cool with people who only refer to them as “Sam” or their full name.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,248 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.