Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,248 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Also if I am as “queerphobic” as you say, why have I always given big praise to Sam Smith?

“I’m not racist, I have black friends”.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

Who gives a flying fuck about what gender Sam Smith identities as?

No matter what gender they are, nothing will change the fact that they’re extremely mediocre and borderline trash. Thankfully the Recording Academy is over them.

Denzel Mcconico
    Participant
    Topics:

Who gives a flying fuck about what gender Sam Smith identities as? No matter what gender they are, nothing will change the fact that they’re extremely mediocre and borderline trash. Thankfully the Recording Academy is over them.

while also subjective but carry on

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Moses Sumney is coming to snatch them all.

He deserves but he needs to sell some records first

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Who gives a flying fuck about what gender Sam Smith identities as? No matter what gender they are, nothing will change the fact that they’re extremely mediocre and borderline trash. Thankfully the Recording Academy is over them.

I agree, their music is overrated as hell. That Grammy sweep in 2015 for that bland, insipid In The Lonely Hour album was awful. The perfect example of baity garbage

They do have a few good songs in their discography but overall it’s just… ew

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s correct, Only the Young wasn’t actually written for the doc, but it’s a song that accompanies it. I’m not sure if the song specifically being written for the film is necessary. I think it just has to be released alongside/ on the soundtrack of a movie to be eligible. That could be incorrect though, so feel free to correct me.

As of 2019, the Academy’s rules stipulate that “an original song consists of words and music, both of which are original and written specifically for the motion picture.

Best Song Written For Visual Media
    A Songwriter(s) award. For a song (melody & lyrics) written specifically for a motion picture, television, video games or other visual media

Wasn’t Ashes by Céline Dion submitted to SFVM despite not being eligible for the Oscar?

The Grammys clearly did not vet that closely enough because it should not have been eligible. A simple Google search will tell you the song had already existed and the Deadpool producers decided to license it for the film.

I believe Disney withdrew the nom, not NARAS. So as long as Taylor’s team doesn’t reveal the purpose of the song, I guess she can submit there.

Taylor’s case is different because anyone who watched her documentary knows that it’s a song she just happened to write while the cameras were rolling. It’d be pretty hard to category-fraud that.

TLDR: “Only the Young” is not eligible, and “Beautiful Ghosts” is a long shot given the film it’s attached to.

Denzel Mcconico
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith upcoming third album is already vastly different from their previous two albums, hence the anticipation, and praise for the new uptempo sound, so this site can call them whatever members toxic mouths can think of, Sam is gonna be around for long time to keep trying over & over..

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

TLDR: “Only the Young” is not eligible, and “Beautiful Ghosts” is a long shot given the film it’s attached to.

I think she’ll still submit Only the Young, or at least try to. It’s being marketed as “featured in Miss Americana.” It was never explicitly stated that it wasn’t written for the film, and with it being featured in the end credits/released alongside it, I think they have a fair argument. “Spirit,” though featured in The Lion King, technically could’ve been written before the film was even in production, and then used for the film (it wasn’t, but just a hypothetical) and there would be no way to prove that.

It’s a useless discussion, though, because Only the Young is a very bad song that would not get nominated anyway.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I think she’ll still submit Only the Young, or at least try to. It’s being marketed as “featured in Miss Americana.” It was never explicitly stated that it wasn’t written for the film, and with it being featured in the end credits/released alongside it, I think they have a fair argument. “Spirit,” though featured in The Lion King, technically could’ve been written before the film was even in production, and then used for the film (it wasn’t, but just a hypothetical) and there would be no way to prove that.

It’s a useless discussion, though, because Only the Young is a very bad song that would not get nominated anyway.

“featured in” ≠ “written for”

The rules for both the Oscars and Grammys require the song to be written FOR the movie in question.

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

“featured in” ≠ “written for” The rules for both the Oscars and Grammys require the song to be written FOR the movie in question.

It would be category fraud but it’d be hard for them to definitively prove that it wasn’t written for the film. Personally I think BG is a much better song but that has an uphill battle considering the movie it’s attached to.

Toni
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, that poster is correct!  “Only the Young” is a very shitty song.  BARF!

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Prediction Ideas for GF:

AOTY:
    Personally I don’t think any album released so far is going to make it into AOTY unless 2020 is exceptionally shitty. Nothing stands out- the only potential nominees are Post Malone and Harry Styles based on their success alone, but I don’t think that will carry them far enough to an AOTY nomination.

ROTY:
    Circles, The Box, and Don’t Start Now are the closest to guarantees we have. All three are big hits and I think make perfect sense to be nominees. The Weeknd could possibly sneak in with Blinding Lights if it becomes a steady hit on radio and streaming and his album does well (it will obviously sell well because it’s Abel, but even better than Starboy and get better reviews).

SOTY:
    Unfortunately, nothing so far should make it in. Even worse, I think Lose You To Love Me will make it as a nominee similar to In My Blood, except it was #1. It would be Selena’s only nomination anywhere because Rare was not it. I would be okay with seeing The Box in Song as well, but I’m not quite sold on it just yet.

BNA:
    Who knows. As long as Beabadoobee is a nominee I will be happy.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Do y’all see Abel making it across the GF ? If this year is a mess …… and boring . I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he does .</p>

#howrudeofme

crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Do y’all see Abel making it across the GF ? If this year is a mess …… and boring . I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he does .</p>

we shoukd wait until his full album is out but until now if looks like he could get some nominations

the songs are getting good reviews and blinding lights is doing so well

I guess it will depend on how competitive this year is…

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga just announced lead single this Friday “Stupid Love”.

Ugh.. I hope the song at least has a chorus unlike the demo. Can’t believe she’s releasing a song that’s been leaked for months.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,248 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.