Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,248 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • Soltseven
    Participant
    Topics:

Similar situation happened to bad romance back in the day. Im not saying stupid love is the new bad romance, juts that anything could happen.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

part of me was leaked for like a year before it was released and debuted at #1, you never know with these things

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I personally don’t like the song. It’s not as bad as many of the recent singles from pop stars, but it’s not as good as Shallow. It feels like a step-back from her more mature sound.

But we’ll see how it does. I hope the album has some better songs.

JJS5056
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga’s return to pop has been as calculated as her diversion from it. Post-ARTPOP, she released an album with Tony, featured her vocals and less theatrics overall (Sound Of Music), scrapped a rumored-to-be-completed pop album for a rushed Mark Ronson ‘stripped’ LP, and had her most successful period since 2011 with a movie titled, too coincidentally, ‘A Star is Born.’

Joanne flopped; if not for the SB, she would’ve had a #15 and [crickets]. That they didn’t ride the momentum after MR hit #4 shows chart success was not the priority. The Cure was a ‘feeler’ for how she’d be received on streaming platforms, and Stupid Love’s hype post-leak proves the appetite is there for new LG music. It’s NOT going to be the best song on this album; but, she hasn’t released a successful song that fits this genre since Applause in 2013. She needs to get old fans, new fans, and media all on-board.

I think the rumored collaborations and her acclaim alone will carry an A- album to at least 1 major hit. But, I really think we’ll be getting a ROTY/BPSP/BPVA worthy 2nd single and album overall.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

I personally don’t like the song. It’s not as bad as many of the recent singles from pop stars, but it’s not as good as Shallow. It feels like a step-back from her more mature sound.

But we’ll see how it does. I hope the album has some better songs.

I mean, this Stupid Love could be better produced with different lyrics- demos are most times different. I don’t know if this will happen or not, but I hope so.

crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the rumored collaborations and her acclaim alone will carry an A- album to at least 1 major hit. But, I really think we’ll be getting a ROTY/BPSP/BPVA worthy 2nd single and album overall.

what are the rumored collaborations?

i didnt listen to the leak but it could be the finished song is different?

I mean she has to know the leak has been around for months…maybe wishful thinking on my part

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

and her acclaim alone

Gaga is not at all acclaimed musically. She has zero albums above 80 on MC, and she was a non-event on decade end lists.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean if she gets 70-80 MC that’s usually what she gets.

I don’t think acclaim matters in her case. She’s liked enough to always grab some nominations at the Grammy’s. It’ll come down to whether the album is successful enough to win.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

it’s speculated that her new album will be called Chromatica. Thoughts?

Barnacles Bro

Denzel Mcconico
    Participant
    Topics:

Please be better than perfect delusion

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t like that stupid love leak. Sound very generic Gaga to me. Maybe it’s a step back to her roots? I’m not impressed. We shall see.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

The stupid love seems mediocre, but it feels like Old Gaga. I’m mixed as well but still hopeful.

Barnacles Bro

Toni
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey; as usual, Lady Gaga is releasing crap.  Now that the A Star Is Boring hype is over, her new album will give Joanne meets ARTFLOP.

Show Me The Receipts!
    Participant
    Topics:

it’s speculated that her new album will be called Chromatica. Thoughts?

Artsy fartsy GaGa is back in full swing.

“Chromatica” sounds pretentious as hell.

Which means the visuals will be fiyah!

My name is NOT Susan.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Better to wait till Summer to start actually predicting cause some of these tracks being deemed as contenders, no….

Sam Smith isn’t happening. We do this every year.

Selena Gomez isn’t happening.

There’s a possibility Bieber could be snubbed entirely, but I’m willing to bet on him getting into pop over Selena and Sam.

No Time To Die is already dying in sales and streams, not a contender. Everything I Wanted is more likely and I don’t see it for that song either way.

We’ll see with Gaga.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,248 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.