Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,248 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
M
Darren
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    Sky
    Topics:

Romance – Camila Cabello contender for AOTY & Pop Vocal.

Definitely not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Sweetie, Random Access Memories was in the correct category – Best Dance/Electronic Album.  Duh!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tooner
    Topics:

Romance – Camila Cabello contender for AOTY & Pop Vocal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Get real!  Camila “Racist” Crapbello is NOT happening in Album of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rashmika12
    Topics:

I think now competition for Billie Eilish

Became more because she has lots of competitors to compete with.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

Adore You? Also, most of his sales weren’t bundled.

I would not call Adore You a hit… the only thing making it stay stable in the top 30 of the charts is radio and that is not enough!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

Where TF is M at? I’ve been taking breaks but I haven’t seen him…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I wonder if Rihanna drops this year, will she get Grammys momentum? It’s been long enough and hyped enough that whatever drops will likely be huge, and in the expanded field it might have a potential to get a ROTY/SOTY nomination if there’s quality. An AOTY nomination could also be a possibility if Rihanna continues follows Anti’s direction of making album statements.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I noticed that after Drake’s Views (2016) featured artists are no longer nominated for AOTY.

For example, Rihanna got nominated for AOTY for being featured in Drake’s Views, and the same happened to Wizkid, Future, and to every other featured artist.

But then… featured artists in Beyoncé’s Lemonade didn’t get nominated for AOTY.

And the same happened in 2019: J Balvin, Bad Bunny, Kehlani, and Migos didn’t get nominated for AOTY (as featured artists in Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy).

But the most awkward part is that, according to the Grammy’s description guide:

Award to Artist(s) and to Featured Artist(s), Songwriter(s) of new material, Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s), Mixer(s) and Mastering Engineer(s) credited with at least 33% playing time of the album, if other than Artist.

So, why aren’t the featured artists getting nominated for AOTY anymore?

Did the rules change? Did they forget to change the description?

The featured artist would have to be on at least 33% of playing material which will be a challenge.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

The featured artist would have to be on at least 33% of playing material which will be a challenge.

How did Colbie Caillat win AOTY in 2010 when she was only featured on one song? Were the rules different back then?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sky
    Topics:

I would not call Adore You a hit… the only thing making it stay stable in the top 30 of the charts is radio and that is not enough!

I think Adore You is the only song on the album that has the potential to become a hit. I’m not sure it will and I don’t think the album is gonna get any noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

How did Colbie Caillat win AOTY in 2010 when she was only featured on one song? Were the rules different back then?

Yes, the rules changed in 2018. When Caillat won a single song was enough for a nomination and win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I think Adore You is the only song on the album that has the potential to become a hit. I’m not sure it will and I don’t think the album is gonna get any noms.

He could possibly get in the pop categories if Fine Line and “Adore You” are entered there. He seems to have a lot of support from the industry / other musicians, and his last album and “Sign of the Times” were at the mercy of the rock nominations review committee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fatma667
    Topics:

Totally random question, but when the Bodyguard soundtrack won Album of the Year, why did only Whitney get a Grammy and not all the other artists? I know she had the most songs but there were 12 songs in total and she only sang half.

To me the entire soundtrack won album of the year, not just her songs. Any ideas?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Totally random question, but when the Bodyguard soundtrack won Album of the Year, why did only Whitney get a Grammy and not all the other artists? I know she had the most songs but there were 12 songs in total and she only sang half.

To me the entire soundtrack won album of the year, not just her songs. Any ideas?

I think the 51% rule was in effect at the time. She’s the primary artist because she’s on majority of the songs.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.