Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,248 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
M
Darren
BYEDON2020
  • Profile picture
    lady_bird
    Topics:

Beerbongs and Bentleys is a good album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Beerbongs and Bentleys is the worst AOTY nominee of the decade. 7 is second place.

no… rockstar, stay, and better now over come any 3 songs off that ep. sorry but having old town road twice on the ep does not help at all

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, Beerbongs and Bentleys is pure trash, but slightly better than Teenage Dream.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

The Bones is a pop song IMO. I don’t see anything country about it, and it’s a pop radio hit.

I don’t see anything country about anything from that girl.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    blessup0p
    Topics:

Can someone right down all of the songs that hit number 1 of the current eligibility period that can be considered for ROTY and SOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

Can someone right down all of the songs that hit number 1 of the current eligibility period that can be considered for ROTY and SOTY

Highest In The Room- Travis Scott

Lose You To Love Me- Selena Gomez

Circles- Post Malone

Heartless- The Weeknd

The Box- Roddy Rich

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Skies
    Topics:

“Lose You To Love Me,” “Highest in the Room,” “Circles,” “Heartless,” and “The Box” would be the eligible #1s. I don’t think “Highest in the Room” is in contention at all, and the way things look now “Blinding Lights” will probably be the Weeknd’s GF submission.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

Critically acclaimed album – great reviews from critics and public; Amazing sales: The album is still in the top 15 billboard 200 (11 weeks), certified platinum in less than 3 months, 1 billion streams only on Spotify for the album and etc. he is so good with sales; ‘Adore You’ is a stable little hit. He has “Falling” and “Watermelon Sugar” coming next, so he won’t be forgotten anytime soon; His promo is on point (And he is actually promoting. It’s not like it was in 2017) and he has a tour in the US this summer; He is also an amazing person, artist, and everyone loves him and his album. The whole era looks amazing so far. PS: “Falling” music video is art. Same about “‘Adore You”. I hope and feel “Fine Line” is coming for the AOTY nomination. The album is really good. Harry deserves nominations this year.

Compared to the other contenders though he only has good sales… It really isn’t critically acclaimed it’s in the 70’s on Metacritic and the biggest song on the album has only reached the top 20 at number 20! Being a good person isn’t gonna get him anywhere. Y’all keep claiming he’s gonna get in but I truly just don’t see it happening because nothing stands out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    blessup0p
    Topics:

I think circles, LYTLM and the box are the only number ones realistically to be considered. At least for right now. LYTLM can be pushed out depending on the year but right now it’s one of the strongest songs lyrically for SOTY. Circles is obviously going to both SOTY AND RECORD. Box is still number 1 and not going anywhere so ROTY nom is secured. BUT THIS IS ALL MY OPINION.

blinding lights and don’t start now are coming tho

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

Aside from quality (which is subjective), what’s the issue again?

In both cases the format and the quality appear to be related. There is nothing wrong with the EP format, but in the case of “7” it appears that they rushed to release an EP to capitalise on the success of Old Town Road and make Lil Nas X eligible for more awards categories.

A similar process appears to gone on with H.E.R. where a number of existing projects were thrown together and released as an album on August 30, 2019, the last day of Grammy eligibility.

Old Town Road and Hard Place were songs that I enjoyed and were worthy Grammy nominees. Neither of those “albums” belonged on any list of the 8 best albums of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I can see Lose You To Love Me be the SYL of this year.

I can see SOTY be her only nomination.

Her album made no impact whatsoever. So to me it’s quite possible that she’ll miss in the pop categories.

If I had to make predictions today:

1. Lady Gaga (with whatever she submits)

2. Dua Lipa

3. Post Malone

and I think the other two spots will go to unreleased songs that will come by August.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Also Blinding Lights is a really great song. It could end up being a very good contender in the GF.

I wonder if it’ll be in Pop or R&B though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chfrik
    Topics:

Well

Stupid Love is a SMASH hit

You guys better update your predictions

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    blessup0p
    Topics:

I didn’t put super love yet because I don’t know what is going to do commercially. I personally like the song but I just wanted to see how it plays out first.

Don’t start now and blinding lights haven’t hit number one yet but they will and if they don’t, it wouldn’t matter because they are shaping up to be  the biggest songs of the year.

* I also think blinding lights will go to pop.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by blessup0p.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by blessup0p.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

This year could end up being competitive.

I’m expecting a Rihanna and Beyoncé releases this year. It’ll probably happen in a surprise like it did with Gaga.

And then Adele could push a single during the summer.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.