Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,248 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

If Blinding Lights blows up in the US (it will), Abel should be a serious contender for Pop Solo.

I wouldn’t say so. The pop field have passed over him numerous times; Starboy, I Feel It Coming and Pray For Me were all big(ger) hits and missed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, I am NOT feeling that Doja Cat song.  She’ll have to blow up in order to get nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say so. The pop field have passed over him numerous times; Starboy, I Feel It Coming and Pray For Me were all big(ger) hits and missed.

Blinding Lights will most likely end up way bigger than I Feel It Coming and Pray For Me (it already is everywhere outside the US)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Seven.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Usukhbayar
    Topics:

When Like That by Doja Cat becomes a hit during Fall, and then she submits Say So to GF and Pop, Rules to Rap, & Like That to R&B, and all get nominated, plus Hot Pink secures Urban Contemporary nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Usukhbayar
    Topics:

Doja Cat has lots of bops to submit. She has Say So, Juicy, Rules, Cyber Sex, Like That and even Boss Bitch in her bag. When Boss Bitch gets a nod for Best Song Written for Visual Media.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I just remembered Dua Lipa actually won in the GF while Gaga hasn’t

BNA is barely indicative of any support. Many people have won that and slid into irrelevance like Meghan Trainer and Alicia Cara.

I don’t see BNA as important as the other GF categories, just because you’re generally competing against a very limited number of artists. The only recent year that I thought BNA was truly competitive was last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

BNA is barely indicative of any support. Many people have won that and slid into irrelevance like Meghan Trainer and Alicia Cara. I don’t see BNA as important as the other GF categories, just because you’re generally competing against a very limited number of artists. The only recent year that I thought BNA was truly competitive was last year.

They actually had some very inspired choices of respected artists in the past. The 00’s alone had Xtina, Alicia, Amy, Adele, John Legend etc. Mariah, Toni, Lauryn in the 90’s etc. Natalie Cole, Sade, Tracy Chapman, so many queens

We went from this to Meghan Trainor. This decade truly was jokes after jokes after jokes

Billie was an upgrade though, ngl

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I just remembered Dua Lipa actually won in the GF while Gaga hasn’t, oh well

In the category Gaga would have easily won had she been eligible

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, Lady Gaga’s label was dumb as fuck.  They should’ve waited and NOT submitted her in Best Dance Recording.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

Cyber Sex,

Is Cyber Sex too sexual for the academy ?

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

Honey, Lady Gaga’s label was dumb as fuck. They should’ve waited and NOT submitted her in Best Dance Recording.

Tea. She would’ve easily won BNA based on that line up

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

BNA nominee Lil Uzi Vert will release his highly anticipated album Eternal Atake on March 13th, Thoguhts?

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AuxPlayer
    Topics:

BNA nominee Lil Uzi Vert will release his highly anticipated album Eternal Atake on March 13th, Thoguhts?

Uzi king. Contending for Best Rap Album with Roddy Ricch

ReplyCopy URL

Uzi king. Contending for Best Rap Album with Roddy Ricch

Wait a minute now. Let’s wait until Eternal Atake actually comes out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

If she cracks top 5 she’ll naturally become the frontrunner yes. Because what’s her competition? Don’t Start Now is radio-fueled. Post Malone couldn’t get BSWFVM with the 2nd biggest hit of the year. I don’t think they like him that much. Now if Adele releases something by August, it’ll be a different story.

This “guaranteed” thing needs to stop. It is MARCH and we have until AUGUST/SEPTEMBER to have a shit ton of pop contenders that can easily win for this. It was a “lock” for ASIB to become the frontrunner for AOTY because it was the supposed safest choice all year and that didn’t go well, at all.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.