Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,248 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

That doesn’t work like that these days. Bieber and Gomez both were gone for 4 years and where are they now? People tend to switch to other artists if the music isn’t being released constantly.

Not only that, but wouldn’t most people consider that she actually did take a break anyway? Those songs she released last year flopped, nobody remembers them. So, a lot of people could consider her to be on a break since Witness which was what? 4 years ago? I actually think she needs to come back big. She’s only getting older, time keeps passing and she’ll be forgotten.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Katy Perry + ballad = Meh.

She needs to take a long break and make people miss her.

Maybe do the Vegas residency thing for a couple years then comeback with a full blown era.

she hasn’t released an album since 2017, being away from the public’s eye more time would end her career for ever

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Gagamon.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Gagamon.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, Katy Perry is OVER!  It does NOT matter when she releases an album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emptyhanded
    Topics:

This “guaranteed” thing needs to stop. It is MARCH and we have until AUGUST/SEPTEMBER to have a shit ton of pop contenders that can easily win for this. It was a “lock” for ASIB to become the frontrunner for AOTY because it was the supposed safest choice all year and that didn’t go well, at all.

They didn’t “guarantee” anything. They just said it would become the front runner if it becomes a hit. Chill lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Honey, Katy Perry is OVER! It does NOT matter when she releases an album.

Yeah, basically.

I was just being nice to the 3 fans she has left :/

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, at this rate, The Weeknd will be a shoo-in for his second ROTY & AOTY noms.  We’re halfway through the eligibility period and it’s looking shiterrific.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

That doesn’t work like that these days. Bieber and Gomez both were gone for 4 years and where are they now? People tend to switch to other artists if the music isn’t being released constantly.

One of those people mentioned debuted at #15 on the Billboard Hot 100 off of two days of tracking, garnering 18 million views in youtube and 8 million streams on Spotify, and they soared up to #1 the next week with her comeback lead single! Going away for a while and having good promotion definitely works if people are still interested in you!
    A better example would be Demi Lovato with “Anyone”. Demi was gone for quite some time and still made no noise even with a Grammy Performance and discounted song upon release!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

One of those people mentioned debuted at #15 on the Billboard Hot 100 off of two days of tracking, garnering 18 million views in youtube and 8 million streams on Spotify, and they soared up to #1 the next week with her comeback lead single! Going away for a while and having good promotion definitely works if people are still interested in you!

Keep trying, I guess. I’m talking about the albums. Rare ultimately flopped, doing the Revival numbers and going #6 the next week.

Lose You To Love Me did a good job, but that’s it. It’s the only single close to success. The other singles flopped too, just like the album.

Demi will probably go there too, but we need to see how her lead single/album do first.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

The Weekend is having the most perfect era out of all the contenders .

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    liveinfinity
    Topics:

I would love to see a Weeknd sweep next year. Won’t happen, but I can only dream lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Somebody who works in the filming industry claims he went to the set of Gaga & Ariana’s music video and that it’s directed by “Robert Rodriguez”
    https://twitter.com/Weirdfellas2/status/1235397441362382849

Is this really happening? They’re coming for that Pop Duo/GP win.

Trying to establish a connection, turns out that Robert Rodriguez is the director of Machete Kills which Gaga featured in.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by M.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Katy Perry’s career went up in smokes the second she released “Rise”. I would suggest a Vegas residency, but no one would even go to that.

ReplyCopy URL

On Twitter, I saw someone ask the question “Which one is going #1 first week: Uzi or The Weeknd?” Obviously, Abel is. Eternal Atake’s hype is at a fever pitch, but Uzi is no match for The Weeknd.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, let’s wait and see if this Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande duet is really true and let’s see how it performs before declaring it the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance winner.  Neither are Grammy darlings!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Yea, I feel like The Weeknd’s After Hours is going to have a MASSIVE debut sales week (probably the biggest of the year), which will help cement his case for multiple Grammy nominations come fall.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.