Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 4)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 437 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Toni
ELIAS
  • MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping Dua ends with around a 90. I haven’t heard it yet, but based on others and the songs we have heard Im sure it will be incredible. Anyways I’m happy she’s getting this recognition. She really deserves it

I also hope the album does well.

I would like for her to have a really big era to carry her to the Grammy’s and actually win, maybe not AOTY but to sweep pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Grammys seem to like her so far. With some chart longetivity and hopefully another hit she’ll have Pop Vocal album in the bag

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year
    1. “Hollywood’s Bleeding“ – Post Malone
    2. “After Hours” – The Weeknd
    3. “Future Nostalgia” – Dua Lipa
    4. “The Highwomen” – The Highwomen
    5. “Jaime” – Brittany Howard

Record of the Year
    1. “Blinding Lights” – The Weeknd
    2. “Circles” – Post Malone
    3. “The Box” – Roddy Ricch
    4. “Don’t Start Now” – Dua Lipa
    5. “Say So” – Doja Cat
    6. “Everything I Wanted” – Billie Eilish

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

lmao the fact the people are pressed at a review combos like Metacritic or Albumoftheyear doesn’t really know that you’re wait a few days to see how critics review the album. Anyways whether or not Dua is critically acclaimed, it should take away your experience from the album. Those people that are pressed, stop being woke, it’s note cute. Anyways I haven’t listened to the album yet so cheers to not listening to the leak. I hope it was worth it and form my own opinion.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Alejandro Slay
    Participant
    Topics:

definetely doja cat will win best new artist.

nominated in pop:

halsey maybe

camila i think

harry styles

dua lipa

ReplyCopy URL
    caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year 1. “Hollywood’s Bleeding“ – Post Malone 2. “After Hours” – The Weeknd 3. “Future Nostalgia” – Dua Lipa 4. “The Highwomen” – The Highwomen 5. “Jaime” – Brittany Howard 6. 7. 8. Record of the Year 1. “Blinding Lights” – The Weeknd 2. “Circles” – Post Malone 3. “The Box” – Roddy Ricch 4. “Don’t Start Now” – Dua Lipa 5. “Say So” – Doja Cat 6. “Everything I Wanted” – Billie Eilish 7. 8.

If Gaslighter lives to its expectations of universal acclaim, it could be a threat to The Highwomen. The Academy could pull a Vampire Weekend + Bon Iver in 2020 and nominate both albums from the same niche for AOTY, but one of them may have to be let go. It will probably be The Highwomen.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

In what plant does Future Nostalgia deserve a fucking 99?

No album in my opinion deserves a 99, let alone one filled with non innovative dance songs.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the album, but a 99? That’s higher than Kendrick’s liberal critic bait albums. Ridiculous.

The people writing the reviews must be infected with coronavirus causing their brains to malfunction cause…

Kendrick Actually moves units unlike Dua Lipa, and the pop bullshit you queens push.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are so many people upset with Dua getting recognition? The album isn’t even out already and people are triggered. Future Nostalgia is probably one of the most refreshing pop eras we’ve had in a long time and deserves praise. The 99 score might be too high but will obviously decrease after a few more reviews are published.

An era with one payola driven hit song with shitty streaming is “innovative” now? Ariana Grande, Lizzo and Billie Eilish all have way bigger recent eras. I actually have no problems with her, but her delusional supporters are why people are averse. Y’all are really setting her up to be dragged when those albums sales projections appear.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point FN isn’t dipping below 85. That’s definitely enough to be an ‘acclaim’ pick for AOTY. Add that to DSN being a smash and the fact that it will likely be more successful as a whole than other ‘acclaim’ picks (NFR!, Dirty Computer), I see her as a near AOTY lock and potential winner.

They are not using the panel anymore because of the controversy, so unless her album is a commercial smash, it is not happening, then she is not going to receive an Album of the Year nomination on a straight vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    rue
    Participant
    Topics:

An era with one payola driven hit song with shitty streaming is “innovative” now? Ariana Grande, Lizzo and Billie Eilish all have way bigger recent eras. I actually have no problems with her, but her delusional supporters are why people are averse. Y’all are really setting her up to be dragged when those albums sales projections appear.

What does having a ‘payola’ driven hit and a relatively small era have to do with being innovative? Her album sales won’t be incredible but that says nothing about the music quality or how innovative it is. I don’t think anyone here is really expecting anything greater than 150k for her album but that does not whatsoever correlate with the quality of the music. It’s universally recognized as an album between good and phenomenal. I have yet to see one person say the album was bad who is not a troll.

People are excited that her music is being recognized (though even the 95 it’s currently at is probably too much). It has nothing to do with the success of the album and the number of units it moves.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Dua really got people here ANGRY!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Dua really got people here ANGRY!

Tell me about it. Since the time I made that post about what Future Nostalgia‘s Metacritic score was at the time, damn near 80 posts have been made on this thread. Damn near all of them are talking about the critical acclaim the album has gotten and whether the critics are losing their minds.

ReplyCopy URL
    reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick Actually moves units unlike Dua Lipa, and the pop bullshit you queens push.

Dua really has the homophobes jumping OUT whew! Please record yourself when M I S S Dua Lipa picks up that Album of the Year trophy … Kendrick can’t relate LMAOOO

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

ReplyCopy URL
    Toni
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, these basic ass white girls stay getting high Metacritic scores.  YUCK!

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

definetely doja cat will win best new artist.

You’re saying this as if this was a slam dunk for her. They don’t like female rappers in the GF

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 437 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.