Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 4)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 440 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Demi
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

M, why are supporting Billie? Like how you were with Grande when Gaga was snubbed from the big categories. When throughout the whole season you said Grande wouldn’t get snubbed across the board. After she won, you literally turned into the Billie beast. And everything I wanted is not a bad track too, it’s not the single I would ever award over Don’t Start Now, The Box, or Blinding Lights. Everything I Wanted reminds me of Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves. Sort of like, I beat you, I would like to thank and god bless everything is over.

What are you talking about lol? Everyone predicted Ariana in the big 3 not just me.

I think if “Everything I Wanted” is nominated anywhere in the GF, it’ll probably win considering how weak the competition is. The only competition is Blinding Lights. The Grammy’s just showed that they love Billie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Artists who sweep are usually snubbed the year that follows. Sam Smith got no love for literally anything he put out, and even Gaga got snubbed this year for AOTY and the Pop categories. At most Billie gets into SFVM and Pop Solo. The former is her only lock.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris B.
    Topics:

Honestly I think you guys will disagree with me when I say this: I think Joji will win best new artist. He has a great comeback story from making comical music from Pink Guy all the way to now where he’s well renowned and much more serious. Doja Cat has been in the industry since she was 18, but he has been around much longer… Since 2014.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

What are you talking about lol? Everyone predicted Ariana in the big 3 not just me. I think if “Everything I Wanted” is nominated anywhere in the GF, it’ll probably win considering how weak the competition is. The only competition is Blinding Lights. The Grammy’s just showed that they love Billie.

I doubt it, especially they typically don’t award the year afterwards. I can see The Weeknd, Post Malone, Dua Lipa or Roddy Ricch taking ROTY or SOTY at this time. And Billie Eilish is not gonna really campaign for this song unless she releases another album, which I don’t see her doing until late 2021-early 2022.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Camila Queen of Pop
    Topics:

Honestly I think you guys will disagree with me when I say this: I think Joji will win best new artist. He has a great comeback story from making comical music from Pink Guy all the way to now where he’s well renowned and much more serious. Doja Cat has been in the industry since she was 18, but he has been around much longer… Since 2014.

Chances are meagre because only 5 Japanese have won grammys in 60+ years across n categories. We’ll see. Run is cute..

Romance - now platinum certified!

Stream the hits My Oh My & Señorita on Spotify.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Get real!  Joji will NOT win Best New Artist.  He has zero buzz and is a flop. Hell, he won’t even be nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crobaticaa
    Topics:

the Weknd is set to debut with 445k  . Biggest debut of the year (so far)

https://twitter.com/HITSDD/status/1243639056845635589

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

Thoughts on if any music videos released so far will be nominated for Best Music Video?

I could see The Box making it and maybe one of Dua’s- Don’t Start Now is her weakest out of the three released but also the most popular. Physical and Break My Heart are fantastic but I’m not sure which one she would submit if it were those two.

The 1975’s Birthday Party is awesome, but might be too obscure for the voters. But then again, Tove Lo made it this past year as a nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Best New Artist:

Summer Walker (R&B, Hit debut album with Over It)

Megan Thee Stallion (Hip-Hop, 2 hit mixtapes, “Savage” is about to become her biggest hit yet)

BENEE (Pop/alternative), her single “Supalonely” is starting to blow up & she counts Elton John as a fan)

Doja Cat (Urban Contemporary/Pop, “Say So” is a hit, almost Top 10)

Don Toliver (Hip-Hop, credited in part for developing Travis Scott and his sound, acclaimed)

Gabby Barrett (Country, Hit country crossover to Top 40 hit “I Hope”, former American Idol contestant)

Jay Electronica (Hip-Hop, major figure in Rap who only just released debut album, co-sign by Jay-Z who features heavily on album)

Morgan Wallen (Country, many hits, crossover Top 40 hit with Diplo this year could help him score a nom)

I’m sure 3-4 of these will be replaced by more obscure acts or acts yet to come out yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I think Joji will win best new artist.

He’s not even guaranteed for a nomination erm.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

I would say no artist is a lock for BNA at this point. It’ll definitely be full of smaller acts (beabadoobee and Rina Sawayama come through!)

Doja Cat seems most likely at this point, but I think Say So needs to become bigger for her to get a nomination. I don’t think Conan or Joji will get anything.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Jay Electronica is not a new artist.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

Is Bad Bunny eligible for Best New Artist?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

Rina AOTY when she releases her album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Is Bad Bunny eligible for Best New Artist?

No.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.