Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 4)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 440 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Demi
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Finally heard the Dua album. Really really amazing production. But that’s about it. It reminded me of Jess Glynne’s I cry when I laugh which I consider a better album(That album didn’t get grammy love, painfully) There’s nothing ground breaking about Dua’s album. Really. I don’t get the hype. All that hype deserves to go to the production coz that’s one of the best produced records in recent memory. Don’t start now is the standout but I don’t see her winning for this record when she didn’t win for Dua Lipa. Did someone call The Weeknd too ‘edgy’ and ‘urban’. Lmao. Is that what those old white grammy racists tell themselves? Bad Bunny has created a lot of buzz and maintained it. The streaming numbers from his album are not going down(surprisingly) and although I don’t speak/understand spanish. There are bops on that wierdly titled album. I expect him to win in the latino categories. What are the critics smoking of late though? Lil Uzi is at 88, J Hus at 87, Bad Bunny at 88, Dua at 89. Are they being paid?

Honestly it begs the question if they’re being paid. FN is painfully basic. Waste of good production.

I’m so mad because I had such high hopes for her. But again, the BNA curse is real. Billie please save yourself.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Dua Lipa’s album is really good, she deserves an AOTY nomination, anyway she winning the award is a very different story, and think The Weeknd has better chances so far.

I think Dua is gonna be the critics darling in AOTY, just like Lana or Lorde in the past few years and The Weeknd will be the best selling one, I don’t see anyone outselling him in the next few months

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oblivion
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia deserves AOTY and she will get a nomination. She won’t win though but BPVA is on lock

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oblivion
    Topics:

BPSP too (for Don’t Start Now)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    only_one
    Topics:

Ya’ll remember how Andra Day’s Rise up wasn’t shown love in any of the major categories. Thinking out loud won that year over Alright(which those despicable humans didn’t even nominate for Record) and the other nominees : Blank space and Co. The grammys really do suck. She sadly lost to The Weeknd in R&B perfomance.(Now I love The Weeknd but fuck earned it)

Anyways, I was making a case for how Andra Day was played dirty. Such a shame considering how that song alongside Alright have become so impactful.

#EndRacismAtTheGrammys

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, “Rise Up” should’ve easily won Best R&B Performance that year.  Andra Day should’ve also been nominated and won Best New Artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

FN is now resting at 89 on MT, I didn’t listen the album cause I don’t like pop music. I’m hoping it drops at 85-87. Y’all really thought she was winning AOTY lmao.

You haven’t even listened to the album and you’re hoping it drops and doesn’t win AOTY lol…bit childish

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Andra Day should never sing “Rise Up” ever again.

Girlfriend performed that song more times than Alicia Keys did “Girl on Fire”.

It got annoying.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

BPSP & SOTY filler contender alert!

Underdog finally went #1 on iTunes US

tbh I hope it misses SOTY but makes it to ROTY so Alicia can get the nomination

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, the Grammys have been paying Alicia Keys dust in terms of nominations as of lately.  “Underdog” will NOT be anywhere near ROTY/SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    liveinfinity
    Topics:

Alicia keys is doing very well in sales. She can get a SOTY nom. She needs a today’s top hits playlist placement on Spotify to stream well and the song can do well there. They have too many random songs on that playlist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

“Underdog” is a safe, predictable, song with an uplifting message. If that’s not Grammy bait, then I don’t know what is.

Alicia Keys might win R&B Album again if she manages to get 1 big hit like “Girl on Fire”.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

You can now predict AOTY for 2021 Grammys on Goldderby!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by ELIAS.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I feel like nominating Alicia Keys in such a big category the year after she hosted might look a bit… wrong.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, Alicia Keys will be lucky to muster up a R&B nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.