Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 610 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Nas
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Get Real !! Beyonce never deserved AOTY prize
    2010:- even if taylor would have lost, Lady gaga’s THE FAME was much better and successfull album than IASF…

2015:- are you kidding me ? Beck’s album was so beautifully crafted .. It shitts all over beyonce’s album..

2017:- lemonade – a fantastic album but adele has gigantic sales and decent critical acclaim to win.

When To pimp a butterfly can lose, lemonade can also..

TPAB >>>>>>>>>> Lemonade…

Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

I see that Tyler, The Annoying “AND RACIST” Guy is back chile…

I don’t understand this. How is what I have to say racist? I said that anyone of any skin colour can have talent. Like I really don’t understand that. Are you reading the same comments that I am? Because I am not sure how you can understand what I am saying. Nothing I have ever said in my entire life has ever implied that I feel a certain race is superior to others. I have never said that and I never will say that because that is the stupidest thing any human being can ever say. It’s rude and it’s disgusting, and I said that in my comments. I said anyone can have talent no matter what their colour, and yet you read everything I said and think that it is racist. I don’t get that. Maybe you need your eyes checked or you just have such a massive hate-boner against me that you think everything I say is offensive and disgusting.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

What kind of racist nonsense is this? You should be ashamed of yourself. In which situation would you replace the word “white” with “black”? Huh. For all the artistry black artists have had, invented, popularized; they have been paid dust. And for what? For white artists to bite their styles and ‘borrow’ their influences in style, accent, way of life, dressing e.t.c and be praised for being ‘different’ and ‘ground-breaking’.

So again, where can ‘black’ and ‘white’ be interchangeabli? The white artists almost always take the awards. For crying out loud . Since Lauryn Hill, black artists have won 9 times in Album, Song and Record of the year. That is a 14% win rate. And then we have artists like Ariana now ‘sounding’ black. All for you to expose your racist ass here? Who bans people on here coz Im tryna report this.

You are taking a simple hypothetical and blowing it way out of proportion. Of course no one said this, but if hypothetically that someone did have the balls to say it one of the forums, people would react exactly in this way and it would be justified. I don’t really understand why it is with every thing I say that they take it like it’s the worst thing ever and something terrible.

No. I am not racist. That is gross, and disgusting and deplorable. I don’t honestly give the slightest amount of a fuck what someone’s skin colour is and I can’t believe that I have to explain this but apparently that needs to be explained. Racism is about “prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior”. That is the definition coming straight from Google and nowhere does it say that certain races can or cannot apply to these rules. That is all I am saying.

Was the question ever about talent or contention? Best believe if you are nominared for the grammys you have to be talented.

I of course had a typo here and I meant to say that “whites” instead of “non-whites” but of course no one will believe it because this is the Internet and you are not allowed to make a single mistake on the Internet lest you be shunned from society. Believe me it was a typo and I am not trying to “make myself a victim” because I don’t do that shit anymore.

Again, this is rather dumb but believe you me, I am not racist. I am trying to NOT be an asshat to people anymore and I formally apologized about my past behaviour. I am trying to be a better person and I was trying to say that I think anyone can be great, anyone can have talent and anyone can get nominated for a Grammy and have a song that appeals to millions of people and help people out through tough times. That is what I truly believe.

Now let’s get back to talking about music because I am sick of having these arguments.

May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Facts:

Beyoncé deserved AOTY twice.

Lady Gaga deserved AOTY twice.

Kendrick Lamar deserved AOTY once (especially 2018). 1989 win wasn’t surprising. The album was just very big. It had a bunch of successful singles. It was really a career highlight whether we like it or not.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Kendrick deserved AOTY in 2016 way more than 2018, no matter how mighty successful DAMN was. TPAB was a masterpiece and idc about how many albums Miss Thang sold, K.Dot deserved to win that year. But of course they had to be so fucking basic

2016 was the worst ceremony. Meghan Trainor for Best New Artist, like seriously. Everything about that year just stank

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Oh please. That Nicki Minaj performance was just awful.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Oh please. That Nicki Minaj performance was just awful.

The worst performance in Grammy history.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

To End the Grammys debate:

The Grammys are fucking racist and prejudice to anything genre pushing, especially Hip-Hop. PERIOD.

-2010: Need You Now, a country song by Lady Antebellum won ROTY + SOTY against classic songs like Fuck You, Love the Way You Lie, Nothing On You, and Empire State of Mind. Esmeralda Spalding, a black jazz artist, won BNA over Drake and Justin Bieber, who both had amazing years.

-2011: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was shut out of AOTY. Bon Iver won BNA over Nicki Minaj and J.Cole.

-2012: CHANEL ORANGE LOST TO MUMFORD AND SONS. Frank Ocean lost BNA to fun.

-2013: Macklemore won 4 Grammys over Kendrick Lamar that year. GKMC lost to Random Access Memories.

-2014: BEYONCÉ LOSES TO BECK! IT WAS THE #1 ALBUM OF THE YEAR ON BILLBOARD. ITS CRITICAL ACCLAIM WAS SUPERIOR THAN BECK’S. SALES FOR POP STARS=AOTY. I get Lemonade if you want to rebuttal that it wasn’t the high seller. But this was that year for. Also included, Beyoncé lost other awards from Pharrell. The Shame!

-2015: 1989 won against To Pimp a Butterfly. I could go on but this won hurt the most. We know which one is the superior album.

-2016: Beyoncé lost to Adele in the main 3. Also lost Best Musical Film to the Beatles. Adele even called out Beyoncé.

-2017: 24K MAGIC WON AGAINST DAMN. AND 4:44. This one hits home. This was the year I feel madly with K.Dot. And now even though my AOTY for 2017 was Melodrama, it hurts to see how delusional I was.

-2018: Golden Hour won against Invasion of Privacy or Dirty Computer. This is America won against other Black artists who had bigger years, even though TIA is my SOTY.

-2019: BILLIE EILISH SWEPT! I’m not mad that she swept, she’s a phenomenal artist, but again Lizzo had a great year. Lil Nas X has now the longest running single of all time, yet losing to Billie in ROTY. IGOR not being in AOTY, yet it won Rap Album, when it’s clearly a neo-soul album.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar didn’t even win Best Rap Album while his album was the best rap album nominated, it has to be white Macklemore lol. The bias is real, but at this point I don’t know why these black artists don’t boycott the Grammys.

The thing is that many black artists like Kendrick, Bey, Jay, Kanye, Gambino, Frank Ocean etc have been boycotting the Grammys recently and calling them out on their bullshit

But I don’t see this having that much of an impact when you have Alicia Keys tap dancing and hosting the show twice in a row with her generic messages about “love and unity” or newer artists like Lizzo, Lil Nas and H.E.R who obviously want recognition too (while still being shut out the GF).

But I appreciate the fact that the biggest black artists of the decade are all boycotting now. If I was them, I’d get tired of being used as a rating magnet while constantly being told that I’ll always be inferior to my white peers no matter what. How the fuck did Kendrick lose all of his awards to some 2013 cornball fad whose career tanked quickly and who brought absolutely nothing to hip hop except controversy and disdain from all of his peers ? Yikes

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I totally understand, and personally Kendrick has the album of the decade no question. The Grammys need to acknowledge Black talent when they see them. Idols like Beyoncé and Frank Ocean and Lizzo and Drake and Rihanna and fucking Kendrick Lamar. But as well not discredit white artists in the process. There are many acts I don’t agree with. Babel, Morning Phase, 25, 1989, and 24k Magic, regardless of race. But I mean look: Golden Hour, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO?, Random Access Memories, 21, and the Suburbs. Songs like Royals, We are Young, Bad Guy, Rolling in the Deep, etc. Best New Artists like Dua Lipa, Bon Iver and Billie Eilish.

To counterpoint my claim, Gucci’s comment was racist and ignorant. But was he/she wrong. Not really. How are we standing here to say a certain artist deserves an award when people of color have not even been raised on the same pedestal as white artist. Skin does play a factor. The Grammys should not put its viewers in a predicament that we have to talk about if an artist’s validity of winning is based on the color of their skin. Whether it’s Bruno Mars or Kendrick or Lorde or Jay-Z. Beyoncé or Beck. Kanye West or Adele (before he went MAGA crazy). Kendrick or Taylor Swift. Kacey Musgraves over Janelle Monaé or Cardi B. Billie Eilish or Lizzo or Lil Nas X.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

I never include Random Access Memories in these discussions because that was an excellent win. Fantastic album by game-changing musicians who had a huge global comeback. 2014 could have been a great ceremony if it wasn’t for the shitty Macklemore fiasco.

But other than that.. the 2010’s were nothing but robberies after robberies. Every. single. year.

Profile picture
    Oblivion
    Topics:

Why was Lorde not asked to perform solo in 2018 but all the other AOTY nominees (all males) were? Pure misogyny, there’s simply no other explanation

Profile picture
    Nas
    Topics:

Get real!  Lady Gaga did NOT deserve to win Album of the Year twice.  That is silly fangirl delusion.  She lost all three times fair and square.

Fearless (BARF!), The Suburbs, and 21 are better albums than The Fame, The Fame Monster, and Born This Way.

Profile picture
    Nas
    Topics:

1989 over To Pimp a Butterfly… Get real!

Morning Phase over Beyoncé… Get real!

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis over Kendrick Lamar… Get real!

Golden Hour over Black Panther, Dirty Computer, & Invasion of Privacy… Get real!

“Bad Guy” over “Old Town Road”… Get real!

“Bad Guy” over “Truth Hurts”… Get real!

Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

Golden Hour over Black Panther & Invasion of Privacy… Get real!

</p>
    Black Panther and Invasion of Privacy both had only 1-2 good songs. Golden Hour can’t relate.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Invasion of Privacy doesn’t even have a single bad song.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.