Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 610 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Demi
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Dua is apparently doing around 50k first week

Abel remains #1 ofc

Source?

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Dua is apparently doing around 50k first week Abel remains #1 ofc

Well

I take my L with dignity

Profile picture
    Bernardo Rojas
    Topics:

wow i really expected it to be much higher

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Source?

Chartdata just posted this and they usually take their numbers from HDD but I don’t see anything there. Even the Weeknd’s second week forecast seem kinda low (100k+) so take this with a grain of salt

This said I doubt she’ll crack 100k at this point

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Dua is apparently doing around 50k first week

Not surprising at all. She’s not that big in the US. Her debut barely cracked the Top 30.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

People in the US still don’t know who Dua Lipa is, so the low sales aren’t that surprising. Corona doesn’t help either. She’s more of a singles artist too which is disappointing cause Future Nostalgia is great. I still think she gets an AOTY nom tho.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Time to quit the AOTY win talk I guess

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Time to quit the AOTY win talk I guess

I still think she has the critical support for the nomination but she ain’t winning. This more hurts her BPVA chances.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

I don’t think you can completely count her out. Golden Hour did around 50k in its first week and debuted #4, that’s very similar numbers to Future Nostalgia. I’m not saying FN is the same & will win AOTY, but you can’t count her out for having low first week sales during a pandemic.

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Chartdata just posted this and they usually take their numbers from HDD but I don’t see anything there. Even the Weeknd’s second week forecast seem kinda low (100k+) so take this with a grain of salt This said I doubt she’ll crack 100k at this point

100k seems realistic for The Weekend, 2nd weeks tend to be lower. He debuted with 455k – 500k, the most I’ll give him second week are 150k.

And if Dua really does 50k first week then she is debuting #3, don’t think she’ll be 2nd.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

100k seems realistic for The Weekend, 2nd weeks tend to be lower. He debuted with 455k – 500k, the most I’ll give him second week are 150k.

And if Dua really does 50k first week then she is debuting #3, don’t think she’ll be 2nd.

She won’t be #2 indeed. 5SOS will probably be above her and maybe Uzi too

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

I don’t think you can completely count her out. Golden Hour did around 50k in its first week and debuted #4, that’s very similar numbers to Future Nostalgia. I’m not saying FN is the same & will win AOTY, but you can’t count her out for having low first week sales during a pandemic.

That’s a different conversation, Kacey is a country artist, Dua is a pop artist.

There’s a certain criteria for pop artists that country artist don’t have. And that’s the need to be commercially successful. Of course every artist wants to be commercially successful but pop artists need to meet certain standards, look at Lorde and Lana del Rey, ‘pop’ artists that had great acclaim maybe even the most acclaimed of the year but their sales didn’t relate.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Steve.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by Steve.
    Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

Ouch Dua kind of flopped

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

That’s a different conversation, Kacey is a country artist, Dua is a pop artist. There’s a certain criteria for pop artists that country artist don’t have. And that’s the need to be commercially successful. Of course every artist wants to be commercially successful but pop artists need to meet certain standards, look at Lorde and Lana del Rey, ‘pop’ artists that had great acclaim maybe even the most acclaimed of the year but their sales didn’t relate.

agree but there is also differencr between pop star and pop artist. Lorde and Lana are pop artist but not pop star so their numbers aren not expected to be high. Dua lip is a pop star and she flopped. Unless she is stable and even rises with further hits, she is out of the AOTY race

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

50k is an upgrade for Dua Lipa. She’s not an A-lister. So I don’t think she should be compared to pop stars like Ariana and Gaga etc..

However let’s hold off on saying she’s the frontrunner for Pop Album. While I think she can win, I’m inclined to believe that she doesn’t have the sales for a win.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.