Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 610 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
janet.
Monsoon
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Don’t forget Dua debuted at #86 in the States for her debut, and the album still managed to sell 4M worldwide, so she’s got longevity I think. A top 3-5 debut is a massive upgrade too, I wouldn’t call it a flop, but it is disappointing considering the amount of hype.

Profile picture
    crobaticaa
    Topics:

if true the numbers are not surpising

corona is affecting sales and Dua is more known for her singles anyways

Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

Lots of people in this forum said that Don’t Start Now will not be a hit because it didn’t debut very high. I said that it will take time; she is a very steady artist. It happened with New Rules and Don’t Start Now where it took months for them to reach their peak.

I’m not surprised that Dua is debuting with such low numbers; I don’t think ANYONE was expecting her to do numbers like The Weeknd. I definitely think she won’t fade away quickly; she’s proven that twice now.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

This may be an upgrade from her debut but that album still won’t sell if she doesn’t get another massive hit

I’m sure she had a big promotion schedule planned but all of that went down the toilet because of rona

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Honey, Dua Lipa is NOT a household name. Her first week sales were always going to be low. Her niche audience consists of gay men and stan Twitter.

Let’s see if she sells over time.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    Taylor Wikoff
    Topics:

Dua is fine. Expecting her to do crazy numbers is delusional, especially with this pandemic. She is still establishing herself in the states, she’s only huge in Europe. As for her chances at the Grammys, she still has hype and we will see where her album goes. Regardless, it still has big acclaim and a big hit attached which is more than can be said for some past AOTY (including sales).

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

This may be an upgrade from her debut but that album still won’t sell if she doesn’t get another massive hit

I’m sure she had a big promotion schedule planned but all of that went down the toilet because of rona

That is no excuse. Lil Uzi Vert just opened with 300,000 without so much as an appearance. Shit, even Jhene Aiko opened with 150,000. She is a payola artist to be honest, and that explains why she has zero streaming presence in America and why her album sales are what they are even though she is number one on airplay.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Honey, Dua Lipa is NOT a household name. Her first week sales were always going to be low. Her niche audience consists of gay men and stan Twitter.

Let’s see if she sells over time.

Twitter Stans and white queens are not pushing anyone to mainstream success. It is actually about to plummet. She is not and has never been in the running for an Album of the Year nomination for what always was going to be a flop album in America. What is really appalling is that her album is not even opening number one in the UK.

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

That is no excuse. Lil Uzi Vert just opened with 300,000 without so much as an appearance. Shit, even Jhene Aiko opened with 150,000. She is a payola artist to be honest, and that explains why she has zero streaming presence in America and why her album sales are what they are even though she is number one on airplay.

how is corona not an excuse lmao she physically can’t promote her album outside of live streams and playlists. the uk is on lockdown you idiot. and payola is NOT real it is a radio deal which most big artists make

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

Twitter Stans and white queens are not pushing anyone to mainstream success. It is actually about to plummet. She is not and has never been in the running for an Album of the Year nomination for what always was going to be a flop album in America. What is really appalling is that her album is not even opening number one in the UK.

yet again you’re wrong, she is currently #2 in the uk so far but is expected to be #1 by the end of the week as she is selling over 4x what 5sos is and is only behind them because of their pre-sales. do your research dummy.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I think corona hurts a bit, since people are less likely to buy music now. However The Weeknd numbers were still impressive.

And most importantly Dua Lipa had the chance to promote this era for months since November and she did. Her lead single is peaking on the radios right now.

She’s always underperformed in the U.S. So this comes as no surprise to me. Nevertheless the album is really decent and has some good songs. So she should easily get 3-4 nominations. And that’ll be her reward to be honest.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, cut the bullshit!  Coronavirus pandemic is NOT an excuse.  Dua Lipa is a flop.  50K first week is abysmal.  Album of the Year, my ass!  Future Nostalgia will be forgotten by August/September.

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

Honey, cut the bullshit! Coronavirus pandemic is NOT an excuse. Dua Lipa is a flop. 50K first week is abysmal. Album of the Year, my ass! Future Nostalgia will be forgotten by August/September.

it is a clearly, obviously an excuse but i’m sure we all know by now that you’re always spitting biased bullshit so …

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, your precious Dua Lipa is a flop.  Deal with it! Girlfriend would’ve sold terribly with or without the Rona.

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Straight from Google: Racist is “prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.”

Honey, I bet you’re one of those people that say, “I have black friends.”  Get your racist ass out of here!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.