Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 610 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Nas
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter how her debut performed. 50k after plenty of hits is a terrible flop. Her label will be pissed as fuck after all the money they spent on critics.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Dua Lipa is going to get an AOTY nom regardless of her sales thanks to the massive acclaim. If anything she’ll get the Lana/Lorde/Janelle spot.

I still think she’s getting a Pop Vocal nod (I mean, if not her then it’d be Camila Cabello or Selena Gomez and that ain’t happening), but there’s definitely a strong correlation between having good sales and winning there. While it’s true that the biggest album doesn’t necessarily win, your album does have to be somewhat big.

She doesn’t have to peak at #1 (Stronger, In the Lonely Hour, The Fame Monster all missed the top spot) but she should have a very, very strong performance all through the year.

This is where I’m at right now.

Pop Vocal Album
    1. Harry Styles, Fine Line
    2. Post Malone, Hollywood’s Bleeding
    3. Dua Lipa, Future Nostalgia
    4. Lady Gaga, Chromatica
    5. Halsey, MANIC

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter how her debut performed. 50k after plenty of hits is a terrible flop. Her label will be pissed as fuck after all the money they spent on critics.

She has 1 hit from the album.

And like 2 and a half in total lol.

Music consumption has plummetted even more than it did last week, which means that artist that are not reliant on tour bundles (like 5SOS or The Weeknd) are hit extra harder. HDD published the numbers but it did take a very, very deep dive specially this week.

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

Album sales are irrelevant considering we are in the middle of an epidemic.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

She has 1 hit from the album.

And like 2 and a half in total lol.

Music consumption has plummetted even more than it did last week, which means that artist that are not reliant on tour bundles (like 5SOS or The Weeknd) are hit extra harder. HDD published the numbers but it did take a very, very deep dive specially this week.

Well, if music consumption dropped that much one would think that BNA winner and “acclaimed” artist Dua Lipa would easily debut at #2, at least, given that the drop doesn’t only apply to debut albums.
    No one is interested in her body of work and she is not the contender you all think she is. The Weeknd completely overshadowed her.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    JustGuy89
    Topics:

Well, if music consumption dropped that much one would think that BNA winner and “acclaimed” artist Dua Lipa would easily debut at #2, at least, given that the drop doesn’t only apply to debut albums.
    No one is interested in her body of work and she is not the contender you all think she is. The Weeknd completely overshadowed her.

this is The Weeknd’s fourth album. He’s already a household name. He has more support in the US than Dua Lipa. He appeals to a broader audience. Dua’s main fan base is the gays, there aren’t that many of us.

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

this is The Weeknd’s fourth album. He’s already a household name. He has more support in the US than Dua Lipa. He appeals to a broader audience. Dua’s main fan base is the gays, there aren’t that many of us.

she appeal to straight women too.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Honey, ya’ll are really underestimating Post Malone at this point.

He could win Album of the Year, Pop Solo, & Pop Album.

The Weeknd will more than likely sweep the R&B Field.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

What does her acclaim has to do with sales? She doesn’t have bundles like The Weekend or 5 Seconds of Summer or Pearl Jam, so she’s lacking behind.

I’m not even saying she’ll win anything, but yall need to stop relying on The Weeknd. Y’all act like acclaimed albums haven’t beaten blockbusters in the past. I think the last 4 or 5 years should’ve shown us that having multiple #1s doesn’t mean you will win.

Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

Honey, ya’ll are really underestimating Post Malone at this point. He could win Album of the Year, Pop Solo, & Pop Album. The Weeknd will more than likely sweep the R&B Field.

Post Malone will probably never win a grammy.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Honey, ya’ll are really underestimating Post Malone at this point.

He could win Album of the Year, Pop Solo, & Pop Album.

The Weeknd will more than likely sweep the R&B Field.

Post Malone is not a passion pick. He has missed nominations despite having massive hits. He reminds me of Katy Prrry – much success, very little actual support.

I think he’ll get his noms, and I do think he could win something (if he doesn’t in this weakass year then they definitely do not like him).

Remember most Grammy voters are musicians, not radio programmers.

Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

If winning Pop Vocal is about hype then I don’t see  Dua winning it at all. Meanwhile the delay of Chromatica and the Ariana collab will give Gaga a lot of hype, which is also closer to the deadline.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Post Malone will probably never win a grammy.

Honey, Post Malone is a WHITE male musician. He could easily win.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Dua flopped but she still has the acclaim she needs to get a spot. I think she still gets in but she probably won’t win anything other than maybe BPSP.

Post, like Boz said, is very much like Katy Perry so far. He’s too big to deny nominations too but he doesn’t have the real support to win. I think he’ll win eventually but he’s going to have a terrible nomination to win ratio.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Post Malone is not a passion pick. He has missed nominations despite having massive hits. He reminds me of Katy Prrry – much success, very little actual support.

I think he’ll get his noms, and I do think he could win something (if he doesn’t in this weakass year then they definitely do not like him).

Remember most Grammy voters are musicians, not radio programmers.

Post Malone > Katy Perry. He’s a way more versatile musician.

He’s been nominated in the GF 2 years in a row. If that’s not support then IDK what is.

He’s got the sales, hits, and popularity to carry through in a weak year. The same reason 1989 won.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.