Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 610 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
janet.
Monsoon
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

If winning Pop Vocal is about hype then I don’t see Dua winning it at all. Meanwhile the delay of Chromatica and the Ariana collab will give Gaga a lot of hype, which is also closer to the deadline.

True but Gaga’s last era just won her 5 Grammys so I’m not sure they’ll be so quick to award her again

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

I don’t see Post Malone winning either (and I’m frankly dreading the idea) but he’s not comparable to Katy Perry at all. Hollywood’s Bleeding got better reviews than Katy’s whole career (a 79 on MC is higher than most of the recent AOTY winners too)

She’s the most critically panned female artist after Jlo while critics are obviously starting to warm up to Post

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey; in order for Post Malone to win Album of the Year or any Grammy, he would have to sell like Adele and dominate an entire year.  That has NOT happened.  The reality is, he’ll never win a Grammy.  Once the hits stop, they’ll stop nominating him. The Katy Perry comparison is accurate.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Honey, get real! The only WHITE artist to dominate 2020 is Post Malone. Dua Lipa winning Album of the Year is fan wish fulfillment.

No way in hell will they reward an Urban act like The Weeknd in the GF.

Post Malone is a safe, predictable, choice in a weak year.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Get real! It’s gonna be a person, but NOT Malone.

Honey, get real! Who else would win?

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

This board is severely underestimating The Weeknd.

If the Grammy’s were to happen today, he’s sweeping.

Literally the only one from known releases that can potentially stop him is Gaga if her era ends up being successful. If not, he’s going to sweep. Just deal with it.

Post Malone is NOT winning over The Weeknd. Neither is Dua Lipa.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

I won’t predict a black artist to win AOTY until it actually happens again

This said I can see Blinding Lights winning ROTY

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Honey, Post Malone is a Pop/Country/Rap hybrid who plays guitar. Old WHITE dudes WOULD cream their pants for that.

Get real! Beck & Dixie Chicks are old news. They’ve already won Album of the Year.

The Weeknd is “too Urban” to sweep GF. Post Malone is a way safer choice.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The gays who may not be fans of Mr. Abel need to just accept that he served this year and that he’s sweeping.

I honestly don’t think being black will stop him. There’s racial bias in the academy. But what white artist is liked enough by them to stop him? None among the ones who have already released. And for Gaga she’s liked enough, but she’ll still need a somewhat big era. We’ll see if that happens.

So as of now, I really think he’s sweeping. Donald Glover won ROTY and SOTY. Lizzo won BPSP over Billie. So honestly it can happen.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Guys Post Malone openly talked about how he struggled with anxiety and that he feels very ugly.

So let’s not bully his look.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

I don’t want soty and roty going to same person again, but I feel like abel could win both

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

The gays who may not be fans of Mr. Abel need to just accept that he served this year and that he’s sweeping.

I honestly don’t think being black will stop him. There’s racial bias in the academy. But what white artist is liked enough by them to stop him? None among the ones who have already released. And for Gaga she’s liked enough, but she’ll still need a somewhat big era. We’ll see if that happens.

So as of now, I really think he’s sweeping. Donald Glover won ROTY and SOTY. Lizzo won BPSP over Billie. So honestly it can happen.

Being black is not the only thing that will stop him. He’s also controversial as fuck

For example, Kendrick is the most acclaimed artist of the decade but still can’t win AOTY because he’s political, too black for them and makes r-rated albums

The Weeknd is mostly known for singing about violence, hookers and cocaine. He’s unapologetically graphic in his imagery (he’s literally bleeding on the After Hours cover lol). The boring white men will not vote for him in AOTY

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Post Malone is as “urban” as The Weeknd is. His core fanbase is still emo teens who think vaping is still a thing.

Also, his two-year GF nominations were both filler to reward him for his sales, just like with Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, and every other big but mediocre white pop artist. At best he’s an Ariana Grande, at worst he’s Katy.

Also if white dudes were creaming over him then he wouldn’t have missed Pop Vocal, or SOTY, or SFVM. He’s filler.

Honey, let’s not act like The Weeknd’s fan base are reading to illiterate children and helping the elderly walk across the street.

Post Malone vs The Weeknd is literally Macklemore vs Kendrick.

Two peas of a similar pod. But who sweeps? The WHITE artist.

Get real! 2020 is NOT a strong year. The most popular, predictable, choice could win. And that certainly won’t be Dua Lipa’s flop album.

Also, Post Malone is full blown Pop this era. The Weeknd is STILL Urban and BLACK. He may win Record of the Year/Song of the Year but NOT Album.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.