Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 610 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
janet.
Monsoon
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I just think it’s funny how LYTLM just keeps getting looked over and over and over. Wow

Okay. Here’s a possible SOTY contender. The song’s one of the finer songs this season really.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    blessup0p
    Topics:

We won’t be the only people overlooking it sis.

i don’t give af how u feel about SG. you can trash her voice. Her performances, even her music. But I can’t believe u are denying a beautiful record about a lost and getting over that loss to love your self. Dare I say one of the best songs lyrically released in the eligibility period.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

If anything Lose You to Love Me is way more comparable to thank u next than Don’t Start Now.

Yeah, in a good way. We both know “thank u, next” had a big shot at an SOTY nod.

I know it’s unlikely that “Lose You to Love Me” is getting nominated, but IMO it’s chances for SOTY are higher than that of “Don’t Start Now” if voters really know what they’re doing.

Let’s also be reminded “Lose You to Love Me” is co-written by former SOTY nominee, Julia Michaels, and production from current SOTY holder, Finneas.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

i don’t give af how u feel about SG. you can trash her voice. Her performances, even her music. But I can’t believe u are denying a beautiful record about a lost and getting over that loss to love your self. Dare I say one of the best songs lyrically released in the eligibility period.

Yeah, I’m never an SG fan, but this is about some of her finest work ever.

Profile picture
    blessup0p
    Topics:

Yeah, I’m never an SG fan, but this is about some of her finest work ever.

thank you for putting bias aside unlike others on here. I’m pretty sure she won’t get the nom but it would be nice. She at least get something.

Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

Let’s also be reminded “Lose You to Love Me” is co-written by former SOTY nominee, Julia Michaels, and production from current SOTY holder, Finneas.

This is the only reason I think she would get a nomination. She’d definitely be a filler nominee though.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

This is the only reason I think she would get a nomination. She’d definitely be a filler nominee though.

I see her being the “Hard Place”/”Someone You Loved” this year.

Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

Guys Post Malone openly talked about how he struggled with anxiety and that he feels very ugly.

So let’s not bully his look.

Post Malone isn’t a drop-dead gorgeous Adonis but his Momma loves him and he makes good music so it doesn’t really matter. Besides, there’s lots of people with really weird tastes so I would wager a number of men and women think he’s handsome.

May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows.

Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

Get real! “Always Remember Us This Way, “Lover,” and “Norman Fucking Rockwell” are NOT better than “Bad Guy.” What drugs are you on?

90% of songs are better than “Bad Guy”

Oh, and pot.

Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

“Don’t Start Now” has “great” lyrics? O.O

Songs like “thank u, next” (another but better pop hit) missed the nod and you expect “Don’t Start Now” to make it. I know it’s likely given the weak year mostly due to unfortunate events, but still… GF is more than too much for this chick.

I don’t have a clear sight for an SOTY contender so far.

I just hope the Recording Academy nominate songs from the AR, Country and Rock categories (genres that hardly lack quality songwriters) since other genres seem to be lacking desperately.

I’d argue “Don’t Start Now” has good lyrics.

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Yeah, in a good way. We both know “thank u, next” had a big shot at an SOTY nod. I know it’s unlikely that “Lose You to Love Me” is getting nominated, but IMO it’s chances for SOTY are higher than that of “Don’t Start Now” if voters really know what they’re doing. Let’s also be reminded “Lose You to Love Me” is co-written by former SOTY nominee, Julia Michaels, and production from current SOTY holder, Finneas.

Production has nothing to do with SOTY tho, I’d argue that Don’t Start Now has decent lyrics much like all of Dua’s songs, but worse songs have go on to compete there. And much to your dislike she is most likely to be the critic’s pick with a smash hit that would likely carry her to ROTY and SOTY.

And to be pretty honest, Grammy’s don’t like Gomez that much or former child tv acts for that matter, her chances of actually getting a nom is realistically lower than Dua’s. The song is past it’s peak and you don’t listen to it on the radio cuz her and her team decided to push Rare which flopped, also the song is free falling from the charts by September the song will be overlooked.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by MrOcean.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by MrOcean.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.