Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 610 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Demi
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

90% of songs are better than “Bad Guy”

Oh, and pot.

Finally we agree on something.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Lose You To Love Me is painfully mediocre and Selena Gomez has never been taken seriously by the Grammy’s. She’s missed in weaker years, and SOTY is actually not that weak this year.

Had that song had any legs I would consider it, but there’s really no urge to nominate her nor that song. Julia Michaels being involved in a song has helped absolutely no one to get a nomination, and the Grammy’s have snubbed bigger hits by more respected artists. It also peaked way too early to make much noise, and the album was a big flop with not enough critical support to consider her a critic’s pick. One could argue that she could be a Shawn Mendes case but a) He had Teddy Geiger’s story, b) His music and song are way more Grammy friendly adult AC than Selena Gomez, c) his song wasn’t a mediocre piano ballad about Justin Bieber.

I’m not gonna be one of those fools that say “Selena Gomez will never get a Grammy nom” cuz stranger things have happened, but it’s really not delusional to think she’ll miss this year.

Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

It’s bland

Honey, so is “thank u. next,” “No Tears Left to Cry,” “Dangerous Woman” and every Ariana Grande song that got nominated.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Honey, so is “thank u. next,” “No Tears Left to Cry,” “Dangerous Woman” and every Ariana Grande song that got nominated.

They all have something in common that Fall On Me doesn’t have tho.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I’m not a fan of Ariana, but No Tears Left To Cry remains unbothered as her best song to date. That song fully showcases her vocal potential. The only part I dislike is the excessively repetitive “I’m pickin it up”. But the chorus vocals are flawless.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

she appeal to straight women too.

She is a gay niche artist, and her projections are not going to be that terrible if women are really into her.

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

She is a gay niche artist, and her projections are not going to be that terrible if women are really into her.

she does appeal to girls which makes her numbers even worst.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

The Weeknd is going to have another hit from this album. It’s going to be “In Your Eyes”. It’s already doing very well on Spotify without airplay.

It’s going to be Bruno Mars all over again. Grammy bias has been stronger against black rappers rather than black artists in general (black pop stars face less discrimination than black rappers).

Confessions is a diamond album with four number songs, but it ain’t win. Mariah Carey’s The Emancipation of Mimi is the highest selling album that year with multiple hits and a song that is one of the biggest ever, but it ain’t win. The same applies Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Janet Jackson, Prince etcetera. Their blockbuster albums ain’t even win anything in the general categories altogether. Michael Jackson has the highest selling album ever, but he ain’t even sweep the general categories with that. It is obvious that they discriminate against Black artists altogether. That website Hits Daily Double just released the top songs of the year thus far in terms of activity, and Black artists are dominating that. They also have that list with albums, and Black artists are dominating that. I remember a white guy who is a music journalist writing that he spoke with people who say that they do not vote for Black artists to win awards because they already dominate the charts and are the biggest influence on the sound of popular music altogether. I honestly believe that to be the truth, and The Grammys are receiving such scrutiny because many people are beginning to notice.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I’m not a fan of Ariana, but No Tears Left To Cry remains unbothered as her best song to date. That song fully showcases her vocal potential. The only part I dislike is the excessively repetitive “I’m pickin it up”. But the chorus vocals are flawless.

You haven’t heard Touch It, haven’t you?

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

she does appeal to girls which makes her numbers even worst.

Nah, with all of the money they spent on her she oughta at least be hitting 100,000 if women are listening to her projects. The girl has been number one on pop airwaves for more than a month right now. Women are the people who listen to those stations. They obviously not into her for her numbers to be that terrible with that exposure.

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

Nah, with all of the money they spent on her she oughta at least be hitting 100,000 artists if women are listening to her projects. The girl has been number one on pop airwaves for more than a month right now. Women are the people who listen to those stations. They obviously not into her for her numbers to be that terrible with that exposure.

I think we are saying same thing. Girls is a big part of her audience but it isn’t working. The numbers are still bad.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

You’re really starting to sound subtly homophobic. Not surprising from someone like you.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Would love to see Bad Bunny compete in AOTY. Has there ever been a latin album nominated there?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Would love to see Bad Bunny compete in AOTY. Has there ever been a latin album nominated there?

I’m not sure. I wish EL MAL QUERER would’ve made it on there though.

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Unless you count Santana’s Supernatural as a Latin Album I don’t think so, I’m not sure tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.