Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 610 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Demi
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    Bernardo Rojas
    Topics:

Honey, I forgot to add “Boyfriend,” “God Is a Woman,” and “Problem” to the bland list.

Problem wasn’t nominated, was it?

Profile picture
    Bernardo Rojas
    Topics:

Another example is robbing Roddy Ricch of BNA and ROTY, which he probably deserves at this point unless Blinding Lights or Don’t Start Now have legs. The rules for BNA are stupid ASF and he has not released a project with his features. Will Doja Cat win? She does not scream winner as much as The Weeknd but…okay I guess.

i root for Doja to win, even if she’s not the typical BNA winner. But besides her I don’t think anybody has the hype or the momentum she has. Say So is the female most streamed song of the year in USA and she’s been the most streamed in YT too, plus her album has been in the top 20.

Tones and I? She’s a OHW

Megan Thee Stallion? she’s not that likely to happen and she’s pure rap which is not fully embraced.

Tones and I or Ava Max? One Hit Wonders

Conan Gray or Joji? Not well enough

Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

She’s coming to win ROTY, SOTY and BPSP.

She’s coming to get 1 nomination this year for No Time To Die. But I have to say I would not be against having ‘everything i wanted’ in Best Music Video.

Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

I really feel the flop vibes from Billie’s next era. The curse might be real. But if the GP eats the same music for two albums straight, hands down, she’s the Queen of Music & here to stay.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Childish Gambino may not have a successful album, but since his new album is acclaimed and he won Record and Song Of The Year, don’t be surprised to see him nominated for AOTY and taking it home.

This is not happening in a million years

Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Honey, I would NOT rule Childish Gambino out of AOTY just yet.  In addition to being a past ROTY & SOTY winner, he received an unexpected AOTY nomination for his last album.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

She’s coming to win ROTY, SOTY and BPSP.

What part of “she just sweeped there’s no way the committee will let her in the GF again a year after” yall don’t understand?

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Problem wasn’t nominated, was it?

Honey, I confused “Problem” with “Bang Bang.”  The latter was nominated (which deservingly lost to the stunning “Say Something”).  They sound alike.

Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

This last Donald Glover’s project will probably be not even submitted. I doubt that’s the album.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Best New Artist has to be the hardest category to predict. At this point the might as well engrave Doja Cat’s name in the trophy cuz there’s truly no one else as big.

I don’t think Capaldi is getting in, even if he were eligible (which he most likely isn’t). He’s a one hit wonder.

That leaves us with a bunch of great artists who are not big enough to win (Joji, Conan Gray, Ashe) and a bunch of meh artists who aren’t Grammy-like enough to upset (Meghan thee Stallion, Tones & I).

I think Doj fits well, or at least well enough.

Best New Artist

Locks/highly likely
    1. Doja Cat: 2 hits, plus a couple of bubbling songs that might get traction later, and a bunch of hype.

2. Jay Electronica: if Beyoncé got Chloe x Halle to be a thing then Jay Z surely can get Jay to get in. Besides his album did fairly well.

3. Summer Walker: she has a couple of R&B radio hits and her album sold very well.

Likely but could miss
    4. Joji: token indie pick, going to release an album this year, the Slow Dancing In The Dark + Run combo seems good enough.

5. Meghan Thee Stallion???: Don’t know what to do with her. They don’t seem to like female rappers (Doja Cat is more of a Lizzo than a Nicki Minaj) but like there’s no one else and she has a couple of hits.

Dark horses – everyone here is a longshot and would miss any other year.

6. BENEE: Supalonely is probably going to smash and the Elton praise works for her.

7. Tones & I: I think Tones & I could miss because she’s a novelty one hit wonder, and hit isn’t all that… serious. It’s also not inescapable like Old Town Road.

8. Conan Gray: I’m obviously biased but his album actually did surprisingly well (did the same number Dua’s doig…) and debuted at #5; besides, they seem to enjoy bedroom pop recently. He also wrote all his songs (minus 1) by himself which is something the Grammy’s seem to enjoy, and Taylor Swift endorsing him also helps.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

I’m here for Joji to upset.

Profile picture
    Ghyenenn
    Topics:

While we’re at it, the Dua hate on this forum is disheartening as well. Can we just be happy that the new main girlie/ diva is finally unto planet Earth 💅 to slay our young lives

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Ghyenenn.
    Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Dua Lipa + being the new Madonna = Get real!

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

the new Madonna is finally unto planet Earth

It’s statements like this that make people dislike Dua. I appreciate you trying to defend her but calling her “the new Madonna” will only get her dragged.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Madonna? More like the new Florence Foster Jenkins.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.