Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 610 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Nas
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia now rests at 88 on MC, it’s so not getting nominated for AOTY.

the sarcasm

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

That’s still very acclaimed. NFR! had a 87 and is still considered one of the best albums of the decade.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Lana del Rey and Janelle Monáe were both critic picks and got an 87 both. Dua is in. Also she has an 89.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Dua is making the AOTY lineup as the critical pick, her sales might be bad but the critical acclaim certainly helps her case for a nomination.

Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

Forbes early prediction/possibility https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2020/04/02/bts-selena-gomez-eminem-and-juice-wrld-early-grammy-predictions-for-record-of-the-year/

Record Of The Year:

Circles- Post Malone

Blinding Lights- The Weeknd

The Box- Roddy Rich

Maroon 5- Memories

Dan + Shay, Justin Bieber- 10,000 Hours

Billie Eilish- ETIW or NTTD

Selena Gomez- Lose You To Love Me

Harry Styles- Adore You

Dua Lipa- Dont Start Now

Eminem and Juice WRLD- Godzilla

Lizzo and Ariana Grande- Good as Hell (Remix)

Do we agree?

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Just a question,

Do u guys also think that ARTPOP was worst album of the last decade ?

Bcoz i was trying to give 2nd listen on that album. But man, every song was horrendous.. Its so bad…

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Lady Gaga is going to release Chromatica on December 31st, 2020.

Dua is taking Pop Album.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Even an average 70-ish is enough to win these days. See 24K Mediocrity

She’s not winning in a million years but a 88 is way above their piss poor AOTY standards. Babel won with a 63 and Sheeran and his 62 would have won too, had he been nominated (thank god he wasn’t)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

What do you all think are Demi Lovato’s chances with her ballad “Anyone“ that she performed at the Grammys?

It has a good backstory to get attention. And she has been an underdog before with unexpected nominations (Confident for Best Pop Vocal Album and Fall in Line for Best Pop Duo). Commercially, it actually did pretty good, especially its release week. It was #34 on BB (w/ 4 days of tracking) and currently is one of the highest selling songs first weeks of the year. I think the performance gives her a major boost. I know its nomination is definitely far from on lock, but I can see it getting nominations for Best Pop Solo Performance ans Song of Year (especially cause of the expanded category). It would be like the slot that “Spirit“ by Beyoncé filled last year, which was commercially and overall a way more lowkey song but still got noms… or like Fall in Line, which was so lowkey but loved by the grammys. idk that’s just my thoughts.

Song of Year: Anyone by Demi Lovato
    Pop Duo: I'm Ready by Sam Smith,Demi Lovato

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

What do you all think are Demi Lovato’s chances with her ballad “Anyone“ that she performed at the Grammys? It has a good backstory to get attention. And she has been an underdog before with unexpected nominations (Confident for Best Pop Vocal Album and Fall in Line for Best Pop Duo). Commercially, it actually did pretty good, especially its release week. It was #34 on BB (w/ 4 days of tracking) and currently is one of the highest selling songs first weeks of the year. I think the performance gives her a major boost. I know its nomination is definitely far from on lock, but I can see it getting nominations for Best Pop Solo Performance ans Song of Year (especially cause of the expanded category). It would be like the slot that “Spirit“ by Beyoncé filled last year, which was commercially and overall a way more lowkey song but still got noms… or like Fall in Line, which was so lowkey but loved by the grammys. idk that’s just my thoughts.

Demi lovato is not going to be nominated… She sucks and is so problematic. All her horrifying work ain’t getting close to grammys…

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

Even an average 70-ish is enough to win these days. See 24K Mediocrity She’s not winning in a million years but a 88 is way above their piss poor AOTY standards. Babel won with a 63 and Sheeran and his 62 would have won too, had he been nominated (thank god he wasn’t)

and what do those 3 albums have in common that future nostalgia lacks?

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Its written ” she is not winning in a million year “… Yes dua lacks sales but her acclaim is enough to put her in.

Bad sales+ flop acclaim ( like beyonce’s latest releases ) misses a nom…

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

That’s not the point

Her mediocre sales will be the hurdle but certainly not her MC score like that user was implying

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

If Fiona Apple gave two fucks about grammy and actually campaign, I would choose her as the female critics pick in AOTY, cause her new album Fetch the Bolt Cutters will be realeased April 17th and certainly will be critically acclaimed, plus, she is respected by them and was nominated for every single album, you got the veteran/overdue narrative but I don’t bite that cause her sound is not accessible at all and grammy don’t go for “alternative albums” when you’re not Radiohead.  Future’s Nostalgia for sure might be the Melodrama/Dirty Computer/Norman Fucking Rockwell! of the year  and I just hope Dua don’t misses the pop nominations though

Profile picture
    Camila Queen of Pop
    Topics:

What do you all think are Demi Lovato’s chances with her ballad “Anyone“ that she performed at the Grammys? It has a good backstory to get attention. And she has been an underdog before with unexpected nominations (Confident for Best Pop Vocal Album and Fall in Line for Best Pop Duo). Commercially, it actually did pretty good, especially its release week. It was #34 on BB (w/ 4 days of tracking) and currently is one of the highest selling songs first weeks of the year. I think the performance gives her a major boost. I know its nomination is definitely far from on lock, but I can see it getting nominations for Best Pop Solo Performance ans Song of Year (especially cause of the expanded category). It would be like the slot that “Spirit“ by Beyoncé filled last year, which was commercially and overall a way more lowkey song but still got noms… or like Fall in Line, which was so lowkey but loved by the grammys. idk that’s just my thoughts.

Yup it is possible

Romance - now platinum certified!

Stream the hits My Oh My & Señorita on Spotify.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.