Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 610 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
janet.
Monsoon
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

If you had more than 3 brain-cells you’d realize that homegirl is not mentioned, not because she’s selling less but because they’re still looking at factors to predict.

The queens are in absolute distress because no one is streaming that bullshit.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

I saw some predictions that indicate DSN # 1 the week after BL’s # 1

It is Stan bullshit because it is not even going to be higher than The Box.

Profile picture
    Bernardo Rojas
    Topics:

Voters don’t go to Wikipedia to look for first-week sales. They vote for the album they heard that they liked the most; so, as long as you keep the hype, you get votes. If sales were really that important we would’ve gotten Post Malone getting in for B&B and Norman Fucking Rockwell would’ve gotten in over The Gift.

in the case of The Gift that had nothing to do with stability, because that album came and went, it had to do with Beyonce getting name-checked over a better project

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I also feel like Future Nostalgia is more of a lock in AOTY than Pop Vocal. She could totally get Lorde’d.

Nah, the thing with Lorde and Lana was that they were not quite mainstream pop enough to slide in with what Pop Vocal was to voters – they didn’t have any long-term top 40 hits for those eras. For critical favourites like Melodrama and Norman Fucking Rockwell, genre categorisation might be debated a little (alternative? pop? something else?) because it isn’t in that radio pop established bubble.

Meanwhile, Dua has the highest chart peak of her career (in the US at least) this era, and is very much an established radio presence. She will comfortably get in Pop Vocal, the question is will she get in AOTY?

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Cordelia.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I don’t see DSN going #1 as of now, BL looks like it’s just getting started.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

What would you guys consider locks (if there are any) for AOTY so far?

Post Malone.
    Roddy Rich.
    The Weeknd.
    Dua Lipa.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

What would you guys consider locks (if there are any) for AOTY so far?

Post is the only one I consider lock-worthy at this point. Circles was just this massive and generally beloved hit, and the album had multiple other hits that were crossovers.

I think The Weeknd stands a good chance given how beloved Blinding Lights seems to be and how the Grammys loooove retro. Even though this isn’t exclusively retro (Heartless is a typical Metro Boomin hit in production), that is a massive help.

If this year is light on the big ones to come, Roddy Rich and Dua will easily get in, otherwise they are a situation where it might either be only nominations for The Box/Don’t Start Now in the big 4.

Maybe Gambino based on artist momentum? This album seems to already have been forgotten largely. It also doesn’t have a statement as big as This Is America to grab attention.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, there better NOT be all white general field winners again. BARF!

Profile picture
    kanil032
    Topics:

Honey, there better NOT be all white general field winners again. BARF!

Zuala peeps gonna sweep,  honey.. Unless adele makes her epic comeback…

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Post is the only one I consider lock-worthy at this point. Circles was just this massive and generally beloved hit, and the album had multiple other hits that were crossovers.

I think The Weeknd stands a good chance given how beloved Blinding Lights seems to be and how the Grammys loooove retro. Even though this isn’t exclusively retro (Heartless is a typical Metro Boomin hit in production), that is a massive help.

If this year is light on the big ones to come, Roddy Rich and Dua will easily get in, otherwise they are a situation where it might either be only nominations for The Box/Don’t Start Now in the big 4.

Maybe Gambino based on artist momentum? This album seems to already have been forgotten largely. It also doesn’t have a statement as big as This Is America to grab attention.

Roddy Ricch’s album that has spent four weeks at number one oughta not be in the same sentence as a bomb by a pop tart.

Profile picture
    Bernardo Rojas
    Topics:

Post Malone. Roddy Rich. The Weeknd. Dua Lipa.

i don’t think Post is getting anymore

Profile picture
    Bernardo Rojas
    Topics:

I don’t see DSN going #1 as of now, BL looks like it’s just getting started.

true, Blinding Lights is above of DSN in Spotify, Apple Music and even iTunes.

The only thing supporting DSN was radio and it is already dropping while BL keeps getting +2M of audience per day.

Next Sunday it could even be #1 on Mediabase

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.