Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 610 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Demi
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Post Malone has the sales and hits to solidify a win in a weak year.

Unlike Katy Perry, he has no real competition.

If they can reward mediocre artists like Justin Bieber, Pitbull, Meghan Trainor, Alessia Cara, & Dua Lipa, then Post Malone is a possibility.

Let’s not forget he’s a genre bending WHITE MALE MUSICIAN. They love those.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Get real!  Alphabetical order does NOT matter in the Pop categories.  Even Stevie Wonder can see voters vote for who they like.

Profile picture
    Bernardo Rojas
    Topics:

Honey Dua beating HER in the GF means nothing. We know she’s a committee darling and voters barely care about her.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Katy Perry had chances to win. Much like Post Malone, she just had no support. They’re filler.

Also, if Harry Styles were to suffer from the alphabetical order, what about The Weeknd? Fine Line has been a consistent seller, so bundles really weren’t that important to the album success. I don’t think he’s undeniable or anything, but he has as much of a chance as a pseudo rapper they don’t like that much and a weak-performing Dua Lipa album. The hardest part will be getting the nomination.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Honey Dua beating HER in the GF means nothing. We know she’s a committee darling and voters barely care about her.

She won 2 Grammy’s that night in her own field so I doubt voters “barely care” about her.

She also won the Soul Train which is a good precursor. H.E.R (album) probably made the top 10 voting-wise at least.

Profile picture
    Demi
    Topics:

Get real!  Plenty of live songs have been nominated in the Pop field (and other fields as well).  Voters simply did NOT care to vote for the crappy “New Rules.”   Y’all be making up anything in regards to your precious Dua Lipa.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Live songs that get nominated are usually huge hits. And even then, something as big as High Hopes (Live) can miss.

In fact, Havana getting in was an anomaly cuz most times Live versions only get in if the artist is a past nominee.

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

I’m Ready, Sam Smith w/ Demi Lovato is slated for release April 17 with a music video already shot. Coming for Best Pop Duo nom

Song of Year: Anyone by Demi Lovato
    Pop Duo: I'm Ready by Sam Smith,Demi Lovato

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

The Sam and Demi collab isn’t announced yet but an insider confirmed it and it has already been registered

Song of Year: Anyone by Demi Lovato
    Pop Duo: I'm Ready by Sam Smith,Demi Lovato

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Literally no one picked Kesha in pop vocal album or called her the front runner

Post Malone is not winning anything lol. Pop Solo is between Dua, Billie (if they nominate her) and The Weeknd; Pop Vocal IMO is gonna go to Harry Styles. Dua Lipa lacks sales and there’s absolutely no passion behind a man who lost a BPVA nomination spot to Camila by Camila Cabello.

Both playing revisionist history

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Guys why do you give a fuck about what a xtina stan says lol

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Post Malone has the sales and hits to solidify a win in a weak year. Unlike Katy Perry, he has no real competition. If they can reward mediocre artists like Justin Bieber, Pitbull, Meghan Trainor, Alessia Cara, & Dua Lipa, then Post Malone is a possibility. Let’s not forget he’s a genre bending WHITE MALE MUSICIAN. They love those.

dua is not mediocre like the others, please

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

Get real! Plenty of live songs have been nominated in the Pop field (and other fields as well). Voters simply did NOT care to vote for the crappy “New Rules.” Y’all be making up anything in regards to your precious Dua Lipa.

why do you act like the voters all share your opinion? i feel like no one told you your opinions aren’t facts

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Get real! Plenty of live songs have been nominated in the Pop field (and other fields as well). Voters simply did NOT care to vote for the crappy “New Rules.” Y’all be making up anything in regards to your precious Dua Lipa.

God, shut the fuck up. All you do on here is drag artists.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Katy Perry had chances to win. Much like Post Malone, she just had no support. They’re filler. Also, if Harry Styles were to suffer from the alphabetical order, what about The Weeknd? Fine Line has been a consistent seller, so bundles really weren’t that important to the album success. I don’t think he’s undeniable or anything, but he has as much of a chance as a pseudo rapper they don’t like that much and a weak-performing Dua Lipa album. The hardest part will be getting the nomination.

The Weeknd has the biggest era this year. They will definitely be checking for him in Pop Solo. He won’t be in Album though.

Personally, based on past years nominees, I think what most voters do, is that they check for the names or songs that were most relevant at the time, and then the fill the rest of the spots with whatever they like as they go through the list in the alphabetical order.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.