Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 610 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
janet.
Monsoon
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

thats like saying bionic didn’t flop bc she only appeals to xtina fans.

No.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

No.

it’s a flop.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

60K+ for Dua is great. #4 is a HUGE upgrade from her previous album that couldn’t even crack the top 25.

Not sure why people on these forums are acting has if it’s some sort of commercial bomb – she is not a household name. Dua is barely even known in America. New Rules and recently, Don’t Start Now are her only songs that have taken off there. Unlike her international appeal where she has a handful of huge hits: One Kiss, IDGAF, Hotter Than Hell, No Lie, Scared To Be Lonely, Electricity.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

it’s a flop.

Not disagreeing on the sales.

I was talking about her fan base. It’s not as big as others were making it seem. Because…it’s a niche audience 🙂

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

i understand why everyone is judging dua lipa’s success based off her US sales since the grammys is a US award show, HOWEVER, everyone is overlooking the fact that her WW sales are actually very very good for this point in her career. if she keeps up this momentum, by the end of the eligibility period she could be bigger in the US (the logic is that the US is just a step behind the rest of the world)

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

i understand why everyone is judging dua lipa’s success based off her US sales since the grammys is a US award show, HOWEVER, everyone is overlooking the fact that her WW sales are actually very very good for this point in her career. if she keeps up this momentum, by the end of the eligibility period she could be bigger in the US (the logic is that the US is just a step behind the rest of the world)

and therefore could be more seriously considered for nominations etc (this was implied but thought i’d make my point clearer)

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

60K+ for Dua is great. #4 is a HUGE upgrade from her previous album that couldn’t even crack the top 25.

Not sure why people on these forums are acting has if it’s some sort of commercial bomb – she is not a household name. Dua is barely even known in America. New Rules and recently, Don’t Start Now are her only songs that have taken off there. Unlike her international appeal where she has a handful of huge hits: One Kiss, IDGAF, Hotter Than Hell, No Lie, Scared To Be Lonely, Electricity.

Exactly. Dua’s fanbase is still very small compared to other pop girls, and she barely has a celebrity profile in the US, so sales were expected to be within 60k-80k. I’m not sure what people on this forum expected her to do…the album has a top 2 hit, universal acclaim, and pop fans enjoy the album in general. People are only now starting to pay attention to her in the US, so we shouldn’t use first-week sales from her sophomore album to call her a “flop”.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Kacey Musgraves fan base was niche, yet she won album of the year over tons of commercial juggernauts like Drake, Post Malone and Cardi B. I can see this year being another 2018, where a semi-niche artist wins AOTY where many hip-hop acts are releasing their commercial material: Post Malone, Drake, Roddy Ricch, and The Weeknd.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, your precious Dua Lipa is a flop.  The sooner you all accept it, the better off y’all will be.  No more excuses!

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

There’s nothing “niche” about Dua Lipa.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

There’s nothing “niche” about Dua Lipa.

I said semi-niche artist. She’s not a well know pop artist like Billie or Ariana, but not as well as indie acts like Clairo and Rina Sawayama. Like the general public acknowledges she’s around, but they aren’t crazy for her. The only ones who do are gays and Tik Tok

FYC:

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

I said semi-niche artist. She’s not a well know pop artist like Billie or Ariana, but not as well as indie acts like Clairo and Rina Sawayama. Like the general public acknowledges she’s around, but they aren’t crazy for her. The only ones who do are gays and Tik Tok

Honey, she’s niche. No need to explain. She’s a pop star with a very specific audience. Her fan base is NOT big in the U.S.

It’s that simple. On to the next topic please!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

https://www.pg-lang.com/

Kendrick what is this? I’m unsure but I’m here for it!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.