Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 610 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
janet.
Monsoon
ELIAS
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Kayne west cost Beyonce AOTY

Yep. He may have even ruined her chances at winning with Lemonade after he attempted to interrupt Beck.

But to be honest, Adele was too big to ignore. 25 was massive!

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Because she lost to an even more generic pop album with successful, radio friendly, singles. Had Kanye not interrupted Taylor, Beyonce might’ve walked away with Album of the Year. She made history with 6/10 wins that night (in various fields: GF, Pop, R&B, & Music Video). So the support was there! It was just a matter of competition & the VMA narrative. Sasha Fierce was a closer victory than Self Titled & Lemonade IMO.

I buy what you’re saying bout the VMA narrative, and fearless might not be pop, but is a sweet and inoffensive country album which is just the same

Anyway there is a racial question towards grammys and who they are awarding year by year you can’t pretend that

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

Agreed. I personally would’ve given AOTY to Lemonade but I would be damned if 25 ain’t a quality album too. Either that or Blackstar. Three powerhouse albums in the same category in the same year.

May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Golden Hour even performed poorly on the country charts and with country stations. That is the epitome of an undeserved token win.

Yeah, and if any album by her should’ve won it should’ve been Same Trailer Different Park, the album that got her blacklisted by country radio for being pro-LGBT and freespirited in country pop in 2013, a year so distant that Macklemore was being considered the future of hip hop by Grammys voters.

It’s also a way better album with better lyrical composition and production.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

The fact that there’s even a category with the name Urban just solidifies how racially-insensitive the Grammy’s are.

I agree. I’m not a fan of the term. Which is why in the original post I used ‘ ‘.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

There’s literally an “Urban” category at the Grammys boo……they consider it a genre. Fight them, not me.

Yeah, that is for Black artists who they do not want to give the general category awards to but are too big to ignore. You are not even able to describe it as a genre because you are aware that it is not one.

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Yeah, that is for Black artists who they do not want to give the general category awards to but are too big to ignore. You are not even able to describe it as a genre because you are aware that it is not one.

Did you not read my response(s)?

I don’t agree with the term ‘Urban’, but that is THEIR category. Not mine boo!

Write the Grammys and let them know how you feel if it bothers you that much. I don’t have to describe sh*t. It’s not my awards show.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Golden Hour even performed poorly on the country charts and with country stations. That is the epitome of an undeserved token win.

https://youtu.be/NvcTID6SNHY

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Honey, racism is NOT just at the Grammys.  It’s at the Oscars and Emmys too.  There is no fucking way you can tell me that only one black (mixed at that) woman deserved to win Best Actress at the Academy Awards.  No black man has ever won the Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.  I could go on and on.  But, you get the point…

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Hoping Beyoncé releases a Lemonade-level album this year, I really want her to get at least one AOTY.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

“If the Grammys are racist then wHy DiD bRuNo MaRs WiN aOtY ??”

Not this RnB tribute act and his ripoff of an album suddenly being an example of the Grammys being respectful to black artists compared to their white counterparts

Literally what’s not clicking

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Seven.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

I like how people seem think that “opinions” and “facts” are the exact same thing.

May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows.

Profile picture
    Sheeow
    Topics:

I see that Tyler, The Annoying “AND RACIST” Guy is back chile…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 610 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.