Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 6) 

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 6) 

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Boz
ELIAS
Wanda
  • Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

This is one of the most anticipated releases of the year, since it took 8 years to release another album. But I’m scared due to the fact that it’s been too long. Will the Grammys care about her? They didn’t when The Idler Wheel came out. Also Tool was my most anticipated album of 2019, and look where that went, but clearly they won a Grammy so what am I talking about. Fiona will obviously get the usual Alternative Album nom. But AOTY is a hopeful possibility.

The tool’s comparision is good in terms of anticipating over the years, but metal is until nowadays completely shut down from general field, so it doesn’t help too much. I would bet maybe aoty and soty nominations just for wishful thinking, but besides the alternative album nom I just can’t see her being nominated with any song in the genre fields, cause she’s too “strange and flop” to pop and too “soft” to rock.  Bon iver’s noms of this year (changing roty to soty) is my final guess – being delusional here possibly –  if the album is critically acclaimed which we know it will.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The tool’s comparision is good in terms of anticipating over the years, but metal is until nowadays completely shut down from general field, so it doesn’t help too much. I would bet maybe aoty and soty nominations just for wishful thinking, but besides the alternative album nom I just can’t see her being nominated with any song in the genre fields, cause she’s too “strange and flop” to pop and too “soft” to rock. Bon iver’s noms of this year (changing roty to soty) is my final guess – being delusional here possibly – if the album is critically acclaimed which we know it will.

All her albums are critically acclaimed, so honestly it really isn’t such a huge shift. That’s my biggest issue. Grammys won’t notice a seasonal vet releasing another great album. Good thing there is 8 slots for AOTY then 5 back in 2012.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I wanted to highlight Posthumous Forgiveness by Tame Impala, personally one of my favorite, if not the best Tame Impala song ever.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

sorry maybe he is popular in the UK too

But I’m from latinoamerica and around here Drake’s music is not really relevant

So I’m always surprised how successful his songs are in the US. I always see him charting high in the US with every song he release

Was that song he did with Bad Bunny popular in Latin America?

I’m always fascinated to hear how big certain artists are outside of the U.S.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    Bernardo Rojas
    Topics:

Was that song he did with Bad Bunny popular in Latin America? I’m always fascinated to hear how big certain artists are outside of the U.S.

MIA

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

I still think Dua is competitive for several noms (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo, Pop Album) but she is not the runaway frontrunner. Golden Hour was surrounded by very weak competition in which there were four hip hop albums that split the vote (and were never winning anyways) and a BRP fave that will never soar GF wins unless she becomes more mainstream (H.E.R.), so Kacey Musgraves had a much better consensus advantage. Dua will have the European bloc but she isn’t undeniable and The Weeknd appeals to similar demographic of voters that’ll love After Hours unless they see it as too dark.

Every recent pop album winner is a number one album and the biggest album up for the nomination. The notion that pop voters are going to throw all of their support with a pop album with an underwhelming performance in place of Harry Styles or Post Malone is a delusion at best. We go through this every year with Lorde, Lana Del Rey etcetera.

What European bloc? The only Europeans who have won recently are Mumford & Sons, Adele and Daft Punk. All of those albums are commercially successful with two being veteran artists. Europeans have nothing to do with those wins. If there is a winner-swaying European group of voters, then Sam Smith oughta have easily won that. There is a country bloc that is able to push some artists to wins, but there is not a European one. The Grammys are not the Oscars.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I think Dua could win Pop Album if Gaga’s album doesn’t do at least as good as Joanne.

But AOTY? No way. Pop Albums who won that category were generally albums that sold decently well.

I really think The Weeknd is going to win that, as of now.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Also I don’t see it for Harry. I just don’t, even though some of his songs are really good.

But I feel the Grammy’s won’t start loving him all of a sudden.

You know even when Ariana finally won her first Grammy, it wasn’t that big of a surprise considering that she received 6 nominations in total prior to her win. Harry has 0 to this date.

He could get a few nominations, but he won’t win any of them. In Pop Album, it’ll come down to Gaga and Dua.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Just glance at the charts if you want to see how popular an artist is somewhere. People on here straight up lie about how big artists are, so using whatever they say is egregious. You people here have been hyping up Dua Lipa as if her ass is Beyonce or Ariana Grande. You are now acting as if you never stated that she is a superstar in America now that people are bringing the activity on her new project up, though.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Just glance at the charts if you want to see how popular an artist is somewhere. People on here straight up lie about how big artists are, so using whatever they say is egregious. You people here have been hyping up Dua Lipa as if her ass is Beyonce or Ariana Grande. You are now acting as if you never stated that she is a superstar in America now that people are bringing the activity on her new project up, though.

Dude you’re obsessed. Dua had a big era overall by her standards. She’s not going to be snubbed. Give it up. In fact I won’t be surprised if she wins Pop Album.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Every recent pop album winner is a number one album and the biggest album up for the nomination. The notion that pop voters are going to throw all of their support with a pop album with an underwhelming performance in place of Harry Styles or Post Malone is a delusion at best. We go through this every year with Lorde, Lana Del Rey etcetera.

What European bloc? The only Europeans who have won recently are Mumford & Sons, Adele and Daft Punk. All of those albums are commercially successful with two being veteran artists. Europeans have nothing to do with those wins. If there is a winner-swaying European group of voters, then Sam Smith oughta have won easily. There is a country bloc that is able to push some artists to wins, but there is not a European one.

Literally NOBODY is predicting Dua Lipa to win AOTY, we’re just saying it’s likely she will get nominated as it stands.

Dude you’re obsessed. Dua had a big era overall by her standards. She’s not going to be snubbed. Give it up. In fact I won’t be surprised if she wins Pop Album.

I’m lowkey hoping Dua not only wins AOTY, but sweeps the rest of the Big 4 categories so that this dude can lose his shit.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

He is not obsessed. He is talking about Dua as much as everyone else is. He just isn’t predicting the same as you so all you crazy annoying fangirls jump at him. Calm down!

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

what does “by her standards” mean? She is a pop star and should be judged on pop star standards.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

I think Dua could win Pop Album if Gaga’s album doesn’t do at least as good as Joanne.

But AOTY? No way. Pop Albums who won that category were generally albums that sold decently well.

I really think The Weeknd is going to win that, as of now.

Pop albums that win pop album are also all successful albums.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 6) ’ is closed to new replies.