Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 6) 

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 6) 

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
ELIAS
Wanda
  • Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

This discussion is exhausting so what are we thinking for the country field?

I would love to see a win or two for Gaslighter.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by rue.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by rue.
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Yea let’s stop bringing up other artists every time one of their fans says something. I’m pretty sure Blanche is not Gaga’s spokesperson. They have their own opinion which doesn’t speak neither for Gaga nor the entirety of her fans.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The Stokes released a great alt. rock record! I hope they get nominations!

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Doja isn’t winning BNA in a million years. They never gave a fuck about female rappers

Had Cardi B been eligible, she might’ve won.

I agree. Doja will be nominated. But I don’t see a win. Outside of “Say So”, none of the Hot Pink tracks sound like hits.

They’ll give BNA to a safe, predictable, act.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Girl, you and I both know that user is a troll. It’s literally in their name.

If you are fine with it only because they’re promoting the same non-sensical clearly hate-fueled narrative again Dua Lipa, then go ahead, but that just makes you look more pathetic than what you already look on these forums.

I recommend you go do something productive and give that Gaga song a stream or two. I’m sure she needs your time more than future AOTY nominee Dua Lipa.

What is non-sensical or hateful about every recent pop album winner being number one and the biggest of the nominees? You guys are not even able to refute that because it is true. That is why you just bring up stan bullshit about hating her. Sashay to her album then if that is all that is important to you, but this is about the Grammys where sales are important.

Profile picture
    Nas
    Topics:

They’ll give BNA to a safe, predictable, act.

Honey, you mean a safe, predictable white act.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Honey, let’s NOT backtrack. When Dua Lipa’s reviews first came in and she had a 99 on Metacritic, you losers were predicting her to win Album of the Year.

They posted that, and they posted that it is going to be the next Teenage Dream, but now they are trying to be revisionists.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

This forum is filled with Dua Lipa arguments 😂😂😂, I’m not her fan but I appreciate the fact that she sold that much without bundling albums and concert tickets, unlike The Weekend and 5SOS. I like the feel of the album. Although the hype she had this year was a bit exaggerated.

I think we’re forgetting the role labels play in getting Grammy awards. Columbia, Interscope a and Atlantic records have more alumni in the academy. Columbia especially has a reputation for wining. This could negatively affect Dua, but considering she’s like the current top artist signed to Warner and she’s solely signed to Warner, she could surprise.

Warner has been rigourously pushing her. They would be pushing only her, remember she won BNA with an album that wasn’t huge in the US. She’s new and I think AOTY is too big for her unless FN sales become consistent, but a nomination is certain.

If you noticed, her label curated FN for awards. Few tracks, reputable writers and producers, every track co-written by the artist, no features, no marketing gimmicks and retro sound. Same with After Hours and Fine Line. I could bet my life savings on these 3 albums.

This is just an opinion.

She won Best New Artist amongst the weakest nominees possible and with an ineligible Cardi B.

Profile picture
    JDM
    Topics:

That’s simply not true

I know this post was made like yesterday but here’s something to think about. Lauren Daigle releases “You Say”, a Christian music song, and over the past two years it has become one of the biggest pure sales songs I’ve seen during the streaming era. The song is on the verge of becoming 4X platinum and it continuously comes into the top 10 on iTunes ( it’s currently at #58 on US iTunes despite being two years old. If a religious song can do it than country music most certainly can as well! Btw You Say honestly should have snagged a general field nomination just putting that out there

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

“Say So” would have been a slam dunk GF nomination but Dr Luke.

Similar as with Trump, plenty people in the industry support the guy, but they are just not saying anything about that.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

This discussion is exhausting so what are we thinking for the country field?

I would love to see a win or two for Gaslighter.

I think Ingrid Andress could have a Maren Morris-type of breakthrough and snatch Country Solo. Most country this year has been kinda weak.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Similar as with Trump, plenty people in the industry support the guy, but they are just not saying anything about that.

The troll and I agree for once.

Didn’t Chris Brown win a Grammy after domestically abusing Rihanna? Aren’t this the same people that sabotaged Deborah Dugan? Aren’t they close to the same industry that gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation when he missed the Oscars because he fled the country for raping a minor?

If Dr. Luke was such taboo in the music industry then Say So wouldn’t be getting radio play. I think they’re gonna go for ROTY and BNA for Doja Cat in the GF. That’ll keep his real name out.

Doja could definitely be the most nominated artist of the night; 2 GF noms, Pop Solo, Urban Contemporary, and probably something in Rap and/or R&B. She’s this year’s Cardi B and Lizzo.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Doja Cat won’t be seeing the Grammy success Cardi or Lizzo had, though. I’m confident about that. She doesn’t have the impact and she’s not even as likable.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Doja Cat won’t be seeing the Grammy success Cardi or Lizzo had, though. I’m confident about that. She doesn’t have the impact and she’s not even as likable.

Right. The narrative just isn’t there and both of them had locked wins going into their respective nights. Doja isn’t even guaranteed in ROTY

Profile picture
    Fountain tears
    Topics:

This discussion is exhausting so what are we thinking for the country field? I would love to see a win or two for Gaslighter.

I think they will win 2 grammys for gaslighter

If you look at the past nominees they have beaten, they are really world beaters!

1999 Wide open spaces beat Shania twain, come on over

2000 best country duo or group ready to run beat lonestar amazed, biggest country hit in years

2005 top of the world beats big& rich save a horse ride a cowboy, a massive hit

2007 not ready to make nice beats what hurts the most  rascall flatts

I think they are a shoo-in

Sorry for my bad english

Hope...

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 6) ’ is closed to new replies.