Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 8)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 778 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
ELIAS ⚡️
Bassett
Matheus_Vaz
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Someone with anger issues ruined the previous part. Let’s move on to the topic in a new thread 🙂

Have any of y’all listened to Kiana Lede’s new album KIKI?

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Have any of y’all listened to Kiana Lede’s new album KIKI?

Yes, it’s my third favorite release of the year after you-know-who and The Strokes.

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

“Grew Up On That” from the High Valley duo for Best Country Duo/Group Performance! (big smile)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsrNJoUb8A

God bless you and Brad and Curtis always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

So… I gave Fetch The Bolt Cutters another try and it indeed is the album of the year

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Hurricane Gloria in excelsis deo.That’s my bird in my tree
    My dog and my man and my music is my holy trinity

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I tried Fetch The Bolt Cutters again and still wasn’t a fan. I did almost like it this time, and I can definetely see why other people enjoy it. But it’s just not my style, with the rough production and the repetitive lyrics. There’s also a lot of sing-talky parts, which I’m never a huge fan of.

On the other hand, I also listened to Kid Krow by Conan Grey yesterday and really enjoyed it. It’s one of the most well-rounded and consistent albums of the year, with a ton of variety and very few skips. It’s hard to pick a concerte standout, but my favorite probably comes down to Maniac, Checkmate, and Affluenza.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

I feel like many singer-songwriter/art-pop take time to develop feelings for depending on the person you are.

Like one of the two AOTY was Weyes Blood’s Titanic Rising, grew in months after listening to it early April. But honestly, I’m glad that I learned about this album when it came out.

I mean give Fetch the Bolt Cutters chances, and maybe that’s not for you. And that’s okay, there are other albums that could the one.

Albums of the Year:
    2020: After Hours (RU: folklore)
    2019: Titanic Rising (RU: Charli)
    2018: OIL OF EVERY PEARL’S UN-INSIDES (RU: You Won’t Get What You Want)
    2017: Saturation Trilogy (RU: Melodrama)
    2016: Blonde (RU: Blackstar)

2020 favorite albums:
    1. after hours
    2. folklore
    3. fetch the bolt cutters
    4. rtj4
    5. what’s your pleasure?
    6. circles
    7. windswept adan
    8. græ
    9. the slow rush
    10. sawayama
    11. the new abnormal
    12. lianne la havas
    13. women in music pt. iii

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I mean, it’s just music. You ain’t got to love it. You’re not “uncultured” for not “getting it”. You’re not a “snob” for loving it. Because of the high amount of acclaim, more people are responding to the hype than the actual music. And they feel they either have to immediately love it or poo-pop over it while using nonsense words like “overrated” or “pretentious”. It ain’t that deep. While this is almost a jazz-punk-pop album, with a lot of thematic layers and strange musical shifts and loops. And Fiona’s vocal delivery ranges from spoken-word-rap-like to yelling. It’s not gonna be for everyone. I will say that it’s something I continue to have changing feelings about. For example, my initial favorite songs aren’t my favorite songs now. And I first thought the second half was a decent bit stronger than the first. Now, I prefer the first half. One of the reasons it’s so refreshing is that it feels alive. There’s a hypnotic, disturbing, cathartic, organic quality to it. But if you don’t fall for it, it’s not a big deal. Hell, a handful of long-term Fiona fans don’t love it. No one is telling you you gotta love something.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I was gonna ask what happened to the last thread and why do we have all of these new threads clogging up the first page but then I saw the foolishness and I see….

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

I feel like many singer-songwriter/art-pop take time to develop feelings for depending on the person you are. Like one of the two AOTY was Weyes Blood’s Titanic Rising, grew in months after listening to it early April. But honestly, I’m glad that I learned about this album when it came out. I mean give Fetch the Bolt Cutters chances, and maybe that’s not for you. And that’s okay, there are other albums that could the one.

I agree

My initial feelings about El Mal Querer by Rosalia and LP1 by FKA Twigs were not good, and over the months they grew on me and I love them today. Glad that I just didn’t throw it away.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Kevin should have won for Lonerism and Currents already. That and Fiona winning this year would be a perfect world.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I mean, it’s just music. You ain’t got to love it. You’re not “cultured” for not “getting it”. You’re not a “snob” for loving it. Because of the high amount of acclaim, more people are responding to the hype than the actual music. And they feel they either have to immediately love it or poo-pop over it while using nonsense words like “overrated” or “pretentious”. It ain’t that deep. While this is almost a jazz-punk album, with a lot of thematic layers and strange musical shifts. And Fiona’s vocal delivery ranges from spoken-word-rap-like to screeching. It’s not gonna be for everyone. I will say that it’s something I continue to have changing feelings about. For example, my initial favorite songs aren’t my favorite songs now. And I first thought the second half was a decent bit stronger. Now, I prefer the first half. One of the reasons it’s so refreshing is that it is feels alive. There’s a hypnotic, disturbing and cathartic quality to it. But if you don’t fall for it, it’s not a big deal. Hell, a handful of long-term Fiona fans don’t love it.

I personally think Music is a super subjective art form and that it’s almost impossible to crown any single album or song the best of the year because so many people have different tastes in music and thus will have different favorites. Pop is my favorite genre, so my favorite Album or Song will almost always be Pop. And that’s fine. Arguing about music is fine, as long as you can respect someone else’s tastes and not shove your opinion down their throat.

Agreed. The album is overrated. At least you gave it a chance. You should give Tame Impala’s The Slow Rush a listen. It doesn’t have a score of 100 on Metacritic. Or break any new ground. But it’s a thoroughly listenable project from start to finish. Definitely the best Alternative record in serious contention IMO.

I’ve never listened to Tame Impala. Does that make me uncultured? I’ll give them a try soon.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 778 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.