Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Best New Artist Contenders (Part 1)

2021 GRAMMY Best New Artist Contenders (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 158 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
nxddyfs
Monsoon
Chrissy
  • Profile picture
    Chris B.
    Topics:

Does anyone think Phoebe has a Billie vibe? I mean she’s not as dark, but listen to Garden Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

Do you guys think Blackpink has a chance at a nomination? A month ago I would have said definitely not, but the Gaga collab gave them the much needed name recognition and hype they needed and with Rain On Me and Chromatica basically being guaranteed nominations, they could get in by association. On top of that their new single,while objectively bad is projected to debut top 30 on hot 100, and they have an album coming out in September during the voting period, which they will be promoting leading up to release which will help keep them fresh in voters minds. On top of that, some fans speculate that their next pre-release single is with Ari., or that she’s just on the album. If she’s on their next single that will come out this summer, I can totally see a nom happening, if she’s just on the album I see 50/50, if neither, than I don’t know. BNA is such a weird mixture of chart toppers, country, and nobodies with critical acclaim in their respective fields, especially  now that there are 8 spots, that it’s harder to predicts. Opinions ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

Also possibility of Pop Smoke receiving a posthumous nom ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Pop Smoke is a possibility based on his untimely death. But he could easily be left off in favor of more GRAMMY friendly artists.

And I doubt BLACKPINK happen in BNA. Are they even eligible?

Monsoon (Dir: Hong Khaou)
    Henry Golding | Parker Sawyers
    Coming Fall 2020

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

They submitted last year, and since then they’ve only released two songs, the Gaga collab and their new single so idk what would  keep them from being eligible. They only have like 15 songs too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    treacherous
    Topics:

Do you guys think Blackpink has a chance at a nomination? A month ago I would have said definitely not, but the Gaga collab gave them the much needed name recognition and hype they needed and with Rain On Me and Chromatica basically being guaranteed nominations, they could get in by association. On top of that their new single,while objectively bad is projected to debut top 30 on hot 100, and they have an album coming out in September during the voting period, which they will be promoting leading up to release which will help keep them fresh in voters minds. On top of that, some fans speculate that their next pre-release single is with Ari., or that she’s just on the album. If she’s on their next single that will come out this summer, I can totally see a nom happening, if she’s just on the album I see 50/50, if neither, than I don’t know. BNA is such a weird mixture of chart toppers, country, and nobodies with critical acclaim in their respective fields, especially now that there are 8 spots, that it’s harder to predicts. Opinions ?

I don’t know chile, those could be some arguments for them getting a filler nom but, as I’ve said before, I don’t see it for any kpop group… specially one like BLACKPINK who literally have no artistry. It would be funny if they get a Grammy nomination and BTS don’t though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

They don’t give BNA noms to people who passed away. If Pop Smoke gets a nom it’ll be in the rap field.

FYC: Phoebe Bridgers - Best New Artist
    Punisher - AOTY, Alt. Album
    Kyoto - ROTY, Rock Performance
    I Know The End - Rock Song, Best Music Video
    Punisher (song) - SOTY, Pop Solo

FYC: Conan Gray - BNA
    The Story - SOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    treacherous
    Topics:

Sorry if it’s been asked before but why is Lauv out of contention for this category? Did he already submit 3 times?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

rina rina rina

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

Ahh ok thanks. I was wondering why he was being completely left out of all the BNA talk, that makes sense

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Sorry if it’s been asked before but why is Lauv out of contention for this category? Did he already submit 3 times?

It’ll depend on whether he’s eligible this year. He was submitted to BNA last year, and I assume he was too the year I Like Me Better became a hit, so this must be his last time (if he hasn’t submitted three times already).

I don’t think he’s getting in anyways.

The Story - SOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, where in the Best New Artist rules does it state that deceased artists can NOT be nominated?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Do you guys think Blackpink has a chance at a nomination? A month ago I would have said definitely not, but the Gaga collab gave them the much needed name recognition and hype they needed and with Rain On Me and Chromatica basically being guaranteed nominations, they could get in by association. On top of that their new single,while objectively bad is projected to debut top 30 on hot 100, and they have an album coming out in September during the voting period, which they will be promoting leading up to release which will help keep them fresh in voters minds. On top of that, some fans speculate that their next pre-release single is with Ari., or that she’s just on the album. If she’s on their next single that will come out this summer, I can totally see a nom happening, if she’s just on the album I see 50/50, if neither, than I don’t know. BNA is such a weird mixture of chart toppers, country, and nobodies with critical acclaim in their respective fields, especially now that there are 8 spots, that it’s harder to predicts. Opinions ?

I don’t think they are happening in BNA. I would say their biggest chance for a nom was last year with all the Coachella hype, but unfortunately it didn’t happen. This year, they only released 2 songs. SC didn’t have longevity on the charts and it was hyped bc fans starved for content and HYLT is just not it.

They don’t have artistry. they don’t participate in the creation of their music. Also, remember that voters don’t like kpop tho.

They are still elegible but this is their 2nd try. If they don’t get in i wouldn’t bother to try again for a third time tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Also possibility of Pop Smoke receiving a posthumous nom ?

i see a 50/50 chance for Pop Smoke. but like someone said, he could be left out in favor of other “Grammy friendly” contenders

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Honey, where in the Best New Artist rules does it state that deceased artists can NOT be nominated?

Nowhere, but given that Best New Artist is the category where the Grammy’s try to crown the “future superstars” most often, I don’t see it happening. Has it ever happened by the way?

I remember a lot of people predicted XXXTENTACION for that same reason, and he was unarguably bigger than Pop Smoke.

The Story - SOTY

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.