Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Best New Artist Contenders (Part 1)

2021 GRAMMY Best New Artist Contenders (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 171 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
nxddyfs
Agee
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    strong-era
    Topics:

Alina Baraz just release her debut album and it’s better than anything by Summer Sleepwalker! The Grammys need to get it right!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Ari Lennox deserves a Best New Artist nom.  They shaded the fuck out of my girlfriend last year.  Not even a Best R&B Album nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Honey, Ari Lennox deserves a Best New Artist nom. They shaded the fuck out of my girlfriend last year. Not even a Best R&B Album nom.

something I agree with Gucci

RIP SOPHIE

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    strong-era
    Topics:

Wow, you only joined a week ago yet your writing style & voice is eerily similar to another head strong user…Hmm.

Please don’t flatter yourself thinking you’re some world-renowned detective. That “writing style & voice” was clearly a parody of that very user, which was interesting for a while (to place myself in the head of someone really stupid), but now it’s time to drop the pretense. I’ll miss it though!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I really am not a fan of Jay Electronica being a BNA candidate. Yes, he technically had his first album this year, but his best song was released in 2009. Exhibit C deserved a Best Rap Song nomination, but I guess he wasn’t big enough and a late 2009 release didn’t help visibility. But did Eminem really need TWO nominations that year? Did Jay Z really need TWO nominations?

Hoping Rina Sawayama and Joji can get nominated here, they’ve both done great work and have even more potential for the future. Pop radio could use a couple of Rina and Joji songs on rotation to spice things up.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I honestly never heard of a 40+ year old BNA nominee. Not being ageist nor do I consider me being ageist Jay Electronica, it just wouldn’t be the right move. He’s respected in the rap field for many years. He’s considered a veteran. I just don’t see it ever happening.

RIP SOPHIE

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Yola is 37 and was nominated last year. If Jay doesn’t get into BNA then I do think he’ll get into Album or Record. That same “veteran” status can easily get him as a panel pick.

I agree, he could get into some categories, but I feel like there are other acts that could easily take his place. The best could be ROTY. I remember your point that it had an A list cast of all those artist on there.

RIP SOPHIE

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

I honestly never heard of a 40+ year old BNA nominee. Not being ageist nor do I consider me being ageist Jay Electronica, it just wouldn’t be the right move. He’s respected in the rap field for many years. He’s considered a veteran. I just don’t see it ever happening.

He got mixtapes and songs before he released the album. I agree about that, he is in the rap industry like 11 years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ron Loyola
    Topics:

Three country ladies have great chances to make it this year. Ingrid Andress is almost a lock.

Likelihood of getting nominated:

1. Ingrid Andress
    2. Carly Pearce
    3. Gabby Barrett

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Could Rina Sawayama have a possibility? I heard her album is really good and critics loved it…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

All I care about Rina Sawayama, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, and Joji. The rest can fend for scraps.

RIP SOPHIE

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.