Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Country Field Predictions

2021 Grammy Country Field Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
AwardsBait3818
a.ayers10
  • Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Final Best Country Album Predictions

The Chicks, Gaslighter
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen
    Kelsea Ballerini, Kelsea
    Luke Combs, What You See Is What You Get
    Miranda Lambert, Wildcard

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Best Country Album
    What You See Is What You Get – Luke Combs
    The Highwomen – The Highwomen
    Wildcard – Miranda Lambert
    Gaslighter – The Chicks
    Never Will – Ashley McBryde
    (Your Life is a Record – Brandy Clark)

Best Country Song
    “The Bones” – Maren Morris
    “Bluebird” – Miranda Lambert
    “Six Feet Apart” – Luke Combs
    “One Night Standards” – Ashley McBryde
    “Crowded Table” – The Highwomen
    (“Gaslighter” – The Chicks)

Best Country Solo Performance
    “The Bones” – Maren Morris
    “Bluebird” – Miranda Lambert
    “Six Feet Apart” – Luke Combs
    “More Than My Hometown” – Morgan Wallen
    “I Hope” – Gabby Barrett
    (“More Hearts Than Mine” – Ingrid Andress)

Best Country Duo/Group Performance
    “Crowded Table” – The Highwomen
    “Does to Me” – Eric Church & Luke Combs
    “10,000 Hours” – Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber
    “Nobody but You” – Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani
    “Gaslighter” – The Chicks
    (“I Hope You’re Happy Now” – Carly Pearce & Lee Brice)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Poor Luke Combs. Totally robbed! I knew The Chicks will be snubbed even if I like them. Some nominees shocked me but congrats to them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Can’t say I’m surprised by The Chicks snub. I figured it would happen. It’s unfortunate because Gaslighter was a great album.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

The Country nominations this year seem to favor Miranda Lambert.

Who I think is winning…

Country Solo Performance: Miranda Lambert – “Bluebird”
    Country Duo/Group: Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber – “10,000 Hours”
    Country Song: “The Bones” (Maren Morris)
    Country Album: Miranda Lambert – Wildcard

I’d be really surprised if anyone else won these awards. Unless they wanna go all in on Miranda and give her Song too. Willie Nelson and Tanya Tucker did just win some last year, so I guess I shouldn’t count out Vince Gill’s random nom. Mickey would be a cool win too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    bs87
    Topics:

I’d be on the lookout for Ingrid Andress, she could pull a Kacey Musgraves circa 2014, and nab a country win or two.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Looking at the country field, surprised about Luke Combs being snubbed considering the year that he had.

Now looking through the list with Country Solo Performance, I think Miranda Lambert is out front as she got nominated across the field.

Also, could Vince Gill win here? His wife and fellow artist, Amy Grant recently had heart surgery and his song which is dedicated to her could win over some voters.

I would also be on the lookout for Ingrid Andress who is also nominated for Best New Artist and could win one of her nominations here, not sure which one.

Finally, it is nice to see Mickey Guyton here with a surprise nomination. Glad to see a black woman nominated in the Country field, is she the first Black female solo artist nominated in the genre?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m really really sad about these Highwomen snubs. I guess the album probably came out way too long ago for them to remember. They deserved so much better though (AOTY, SOTY as well).

I support the likely Miranda wins. Wildcard rubbed me the wrong way in a few places, but it ended up winning me over way more than I expected.

I’m just hoping Brandy Clark can nab something. She’s my personal pick for Country Album, and while The Highwomen was my favorite country album of the year, I’ve listened to Your Life is a Record way more times than I ever expected to. She has such a sweet and honest voice. Really hoping she can snag a win, especially seeing as how she’s been nominated several times now and still hasn’t gotten any hardware yet.

Lady Like was strong, and it was a nice surprise seeing Andress pop up in a few places. Would feel good about seeing her win something too.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Drubetskoy
    Topics:

Can’t say I’m surprised by The Chicks snub. I figured it would happen. It’s unfortunate because Gaslighter was a great album.

Why do you think they where snubbed?

Hope...

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Why do you think they where snubbed?

Their album bombed and they got no nominations at any of the Country award shows. It was obvious they were getting nothing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

What do we think Brandy Clark’s chances are? She has my favorite album of the lineup so far (though I still need to check out Little Big Town) and I would love to see her win for one of her nominations, but I’m not knowledgable about the country categories so I’m unsure of her chances. What do you guys think?

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GraemeONeil
    Topics:

Don’t forget the Grammys DO NOT like Miranda Lambert for some reason. She’s only won 2 Grammys for her insanely good body of work. “The Weight Of These Wings” was on every major publication’s best albums of 2016, people thought it would be nominated for Album Of The Year, and the Grammys didn’t even nominate it in Country Album!

So even though Miranda is the deserved frontrunner in all 3 of her categories, I highly suspect that they will award others instead. They aren’t gonna give her more Grammys in one night than she’s won in her entire career. I could see her losing all 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Without The Chicks and The Highwomen in country duo/group I guess 10,000 Hours is a lock to win a Grammy. Tragic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    a.ayers10
    Topics:

Don’t forget the Grammys DO NOT like Miranda Lambert for some reason. She’s only won 2 Grammys for her insanely good body of work. “The Weight Of These Wings” was on every major publication’s best albums of 2016, people thought it would be nominated for Album Of The Year, and the Grammys didn’t even nominate it in Country Album! So even though Miranda is the deserved frontrunner in all 3 of her categories, I highly suspect that they will award others instead. They aren’t gonna give her more Grammys in one night than she’s won in her entire career. I could see her losing all 3.

So true and so annoying. It’ll be obvious to know if she is gonna win something though b/c she won’t bother showing up otherwise 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Ingrid Andress is the new Kacey Musgraves to me. Still feeling amazed at the songs in Lady Like….

I also have to thank her for my prediction score this year lol.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.