Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Country Field Predictions

2021 Grammy Country Field Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
AwardsBait3818
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    Drubetskoy
    Topics:

Can’t say I’m surprised by The Chicks snub. I figured it would happen. It’s unfortunate because Gaslighter was a great album.

Why do you think they where snubbed?

Hope...

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Why do you think they where snubbed?

Their album bombed and they got no nominations at any of the Country award shows. It was obvious they were getting nothing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

I would’ve been here sooner, but along came the loss of country legend Hal Ketchum. Anyway, before I can really give my two pennies where the nominations are concerned, I need to know if anything was submitted from the following acts.

Alison Krauss
    High Valley
    Josh Turner
    Trace Adkins
    LeAnn Rimes

God bless you and them and Hal’s family always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of Hal)

P.S. One thing that I can say now is that I thank the Grammy award show powers that be for letting me know just how far their brain trains do not have the ability to travel where Hal is concerned…not even one nomination ever once went to the beautiful precious gentleman. (shaking my head in sheer and severe disgust)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

What do we think Brandy Clark’s chances are? She has my favorite album of the lineup so far (though I still need to check out Little Big Town) and I would love to see her win for one of her nominations, but I’m not knowledgable about the country categories so I’m unsure of her chances. What do you guys think?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GraemeONeil
    Topics:

Don’t forget the Grammys DO NOT like Miranda Lambert for some reason. She’s only won 2 Grammys for her insanely good body of work. “The Weight Of These Wings” was on every major publication’s best albums of 2016, people thought it would be nominated for Album Of The Year, and the Grammys didn’t even nominate it in Country Album!

So even though Miranda is the deserved frontrunner in all 3 of her categories, I highly suspect that they will award others instead. They aren’t gonna give her more Grammys in one night than she’s won in her entire career. I could see her losing all 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Without The Chicks and The Highwomen in country duo/group I guess 10,000 Hours is a lock to win a Grammy. Tragic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    a.ayers10
    Topics:

Don’t forget the Grammys DO NOT like Miranda Lambert for some reason. She’s only won 2 Grammys for her insanely good body of work. “The Weight Of These Wings” was on every major publication’s best albums of 2016, people thought it would be nominated for Album Of The Year, and the Grammys didn’t even nominate it in Country Album! So even though Miranda is the deserved frontrunner in all 3 of her categories, I highly suspect that they will award others instead. They aren’t gonna give her more Grammys in one night than she’s won in her entire career. I could see her losing all 3.

So true and so annoying. It’ll be obvious to know if she is gonna win something though b/c she won’t bother showing up otherwise 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Ingrid Andress is the new Kacey Musgraves to me. Still feeling amazed at the songs in Lady Like….

I also have to thank her for my prediction score this year lol.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

Not Miranda Lambert being the frotrunner with her weakest album 😂
    I hope she wins everything she is nominated for to make up the fact that they didn’t award her big for AOTY material like Crazy Ex Girlfried, Revolution, Four the Record and Weight of these Wings.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Initial predictions:
    Solo Performance: When My Amy Prays
    Duo/Group Performance: 10,000 Hours
    Song: The Bones
    Album: Never Will

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

And…. we live in a world where Justin Bieber gets a country group nomination and Dixie Chicks and the Highwomen are snubbed. What the hell country committee?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Looking back of the past winners for Best Country Solo Performance, feels like Vince Gill is going to win. It’s his first nomination in this particular category (though he dominate the retired Best Male Country Vocal Performance). The song tug at the heartstrings if you pay to listen and it feels like a continuation of his Go Rest High On That Mountain.

I’m a big fan of Brothers Osborne and I hope it’s their turn to win considering how luckluster the nominations are and it’s their 6th consecutive nomination in Best Country Duo/Group Performance. I like Dan + Shay (would be boring if they gonna keep winning) but I hope Grammys share a little victory to others especially the overdue ones.

I have reservations for Best Country Song and Best Country Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    a.ayers10
    Topics:

I’d love to see Bluebird take something home b/c I think it’s one of her best songs in awhile and so different, but for song I feel like Ingrid is a bigger threat than Maren just because of how the other noms went. I thought Crowded Table would be, but I also thought the HW would get way more noms so now I have absolutely no idea.

I hope Bros or LBT can take duo/group; that category is kind of atrocious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Exactly. Ingrid with her song can pull a win over Bluebird.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Their album bombed and they got no nominations at any of the Country award shows. It was obvious they were getting nothing.

Agree.

When I heard the rave reviews, I went to listen to their album. Well, besides the title song, I don’t get why this album is that great. Many songs sound flat and like fillers. I am secretly happy that they nominated Brandy and Ingrid over them.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.