Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Country Field Predictions

2021 Grammy Country Field Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Boz
AwardsBait3818
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    a.ayers10
    Topics:

Agree. When I heard the rave reviews, I went to listen to their album. Well, besides the title song, I don’t get why this album is that great. Many songs sound flat and like fillers. I am secretly happy that they nominated Brandy and Ingrid over them.

same!! I feel like with the all the hype I went to listen and it was so one note and they tried to hard to be a movement that it made it meaningless and really not organic. The Annies are ten times more exciting to me just because they’re at least funny.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

same!! I feel like with the all the hype I went to listen and it was so one note and they tried to hard to be a movement that it made it meaningless and really not organic. The Annies are ten times more exciting to me just because they’re at least funny.

The “one note” thing, imo, happens on Highwomen’s album, too. Voices are amazing, but their album is more like a random song collection.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini
    FYC: Soul & Judas and the Black Messiah

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GraemeONeil
    Topics:

Not Miranda Lambert being the frotrunner with her weakest album 😂
    I hope she wins everything she is nominated for to make up the fact that they didn’t award her big for AOTY material like Crazy Ex Girlfried, Revolution, Four the Record and Weight of these Wings.

Exactly. I dont agree Wildcard is her weakest album. I’m actually not sure I would consider her weakest album. Is Wildcard “weaker” than one of the most revolutionary albums of all time (“The Weight Of These Wings”)? Sure. But it’s still one of the best albums of the year, regardless of genre. Imagine Luke Combs or any other country male artists making an album as good as Miranda does EVERY TIME? You’re cute for bashing her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GraemeONeil
    Topics:

Not Miranda Lambert being the frotrunner with her weakest album 😂
    I hope she wins everything she is nominated for to make up the fact that they didn’t award her big for AOTY material like Crazy Ex Girlfried, Revolution, Four the Record and Weight of these Wings.

Exactly. I dont agree Wildcard is her weakest album. I’m actually not sure I would consider any of her albums the “weakest album”. She’s always the best country album of the year every single time. I guess you can debate what degree she is the best album every time but…lol. Is Wildcard “weaker” than one of the most revolutionary albums of all time (“The Weight Of These Wings”)? Sure. But it’s still one of the best albums of the year, regardless of genre. Imagine Luke Combs or any other country male artists making an album as good as Miranda does EVERY TIME? You’re cute for bashing her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    a.ayers10
    Topics:

In Miranda’s case I feel like she’s just been unlucky with timing and always somehow second to the winner.  Revolution which should’ve won was the same year as Need You Now – which gave Lady A all the hype they needed to win album too.  Tin Man should have probably split one with Stapleton that year, but oh well. I hope she walks away with at least one and replaces the engraving with “The Weight of These Wings.”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.