Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 286 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
H
Nas
Boz
  • Profile picture
    tobey1
    Topics:

ROM is wayyy better than SWU. Pop voters love Gaga so it’s definitely getting nominated and if it has longevity then it’s gonna win too

I’m sorry are we listening to the same song? It lacked so much originality. It jus’t wasnt a fun listen like pop should be or emotional like pop should be. I think of the two, stuck with u will be nominated. U all know by now I predicted good as hell to be the best of the three and it is. longevity and quality outweighs both by far.
    But as a general consensus, rain on me is not being nominated especially in the GF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tobey1
    Topics:

Pop Duo is going to be:
    Memories
    Good As Hell
    Stuck With U (Maybe)/ SupaLonely (growing in the charts)
    My Oh My
    Savage Remix (I think due to beyonce they could put it in this category)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nas
    Topics:

Honey, “Rain On Me” will be a name-check nom in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance like “Boyfriend.”  However, it will NOT win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

ROM is so much vivid and better than SWU and SL. At the beginning, it was kinda meh for me, but as i listened to it more and more, it started to grow on me. I could definitely see this song be a SMASH hit on clubs and parades if it wasn’t for corona. I hope Little Monsters don’t let the song die like they did with Stupid Love and get to catch up with Arianators, who are good at streaming.

The music video is also way better than SL. And yes, if this song performs good and maintains longevity, it will be the main lock for Best Pop Duo/Group. If the rest of the eligibility year remains weak, then we have our winner right in front of us.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

Savage remix would go under Rap/Sung Performance.

Song of Year: Anyone by Demi Lovato
    Pop Duo: I'm Ready by Sam Smith,Demi Lovato

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

The only ones I have for pop duo so far are Memories, Rain On Me, SWU or Intentions (depending on what his team submits, they will be strategic). Technically there are 2 slots left. It could go to a number of songs, and I guess voters will decide. My Oh My is the only radio “hit“ that im not betting on right now bc it wasn’t so huge to be undeniable (like Seniorita and Havana were, reaching #1) and voters can easily ignore it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nas
    Topics:

Honey, “Savage (Remix)” is going Rap.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I promise you “My Oh My” isn’t happening. It wasn’t a big enough hit. Didn’t even crack the Top 10 on the Hot 100… not that that always matters, but for the type of song that it is… a more contemporary one featuring a rap artist… I think that it will matter in this case.

I’m sure well get some more contenders in Pop Duo/Group soon enough. Its looking like artists aren’t afraid to release music anymore during the pandemic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tobey1
    Topics:

ok well ill say my top 5
    memories
    good as hell
    supalonely
    stuck with u
    my oh my/ intentions

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

I promise you “My Oh My” isn’t happening. It wasn’t a big enough hit. Didn’t even crack the Top 10 on the Hot 100… not that that always matters, but for the type of song that it is… a more contemporary one featuring a rap artist… I think that it will matter in this case.

I’m sure well get some more contenders in Pop Duo/Group soon enough. Its looking like artists aren’t afraid to release music anymore during the pandemic.

But the thing is, were there bigger songs? For now we have Rain On Me (a name-check), Memories, Intentions and then ???

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nas
    Topics:

Honey, “Stuck With U” will be forgotten well before August.  It is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

I’m not sure what the last 2 contenders are. But that doesn’t mean a mediocre commercial hit will be nominated. Especially in a year with less obvious choices, it might inspire voters to branch out and pick choices they think are worthy of the nom rather than what they heard on radio.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crobaticaa
    Topics:

yeah…SWY is looking like a forgotten song already

I think Bieber has a better chance with “intentions”.

Pop Duo:

1. Memories

2.ROM

3. Intentions

No idea about the other 2 spots.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

I think lady gaga best chance for pop noms is album just cause of a weaker field. While Rain on me could be successful, I think Pop duo is all about longevity on the charts. Stuck with u didn’t have ti so far going 1-15. Rain one me could be similar. Good as hell had 5 months in top 10 and ariana could drag that along for herself.
    Controversial, but do we think Lady Gaga could have a better shot at pop duo nom with Blackpink? Due to protests that K-pop hasn’t be nominated before.

I don’t think this years pop duo will matter if it has longevity or not. At the end, they are going to submit Rain On Me for Pop Duo because it has a multiple Grammy award winner’s name in it, in addition, it’s just better production, lyrics/meaning Wise than Stuck On You. Plus they’re are probably going to submit Intentions for Justins submission instead of Stuck On You, that song is doing better than Stuck On You. If you’re taking about longevity, Stuck on You Is expected to drop out of the top 10 by next week. There’s nothing much there. I have not seen a duo or group song have strong longevity this entire eligibility period. The fact that Rain On Me is having so much Critical and commercial acclaim so early into its release makes this a strong competitor. They aren’t going to submit Sour Candy due to the lack of promotion the single will have due to the pandemic. They are going to stick with the song that has been performing really well so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Pop Duo/ Group Performance

1. Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande- Rain On Me
    2. Benee, Gus D- Supalonely
    3. Coldplay- Ophans

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 286 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.