Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 516 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
M
HAI
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

I don’t see Justin submitting both Intentions and Stuck W U. Knowing Scooter, they’ll choose one. They may feel Ariana already has Best Pop Duo nom and decide not to submit SWU. Or favor the home team and ditch Intention. Look at Ariana and Justin’s past submissions, they’re very smartly spread out. You can’t underestimate the impact of splitting votes

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by HAI.
    Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

Pop Solo Performance

1. Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now
    2. Post Malone – Circles
    3. The Weeknd – Blinding Lights
    4. Doja Cat – Say So
    5. Billie Eilish – everything i wanted
    (6. Harry Styles – Adore You, Kelly Clarkson — I Dare You, Demi Lovato — Anyone)

Pop Duo/Group Performance

1. Maroon 5 – Memories
    2.  Justin Timberlake ft. SZA — The Other Side
    3.  Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber – Stuck W U
    4. Lady Gaga ft. Ariana Grande – Rain On Me
    5.  Sam Smith and Demi Lovato — I’m Ready

Pop Vocal Album

1. Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
    2. Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding
    3. Harry Styles – Fine Line
    4. Lady Gaga – Chromatica
    5. Camila Cabello – Romance
    (6. Halsey — Manic, Sia — TBH, Kelly Clarkson — TBH)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by HAI.
    Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

Pop Solo Performance 1. Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now 2. Post Malone – Circles 3. The Weeknd – Blinding Lights 4. Doja Cat – Say So 5. Billie Eilish – everything i wanted (6. Harry Styles – Adore You, Kelly Clarkson — I Dare You, Demi Lovato — Anyone) Pop Duo/Group Performance 1. Maroon 5 – Memories 2. Justin Timberlake ft. SZA — The Other Side 3. Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber – Stuck W U 4. Lady Gaga ft. Ariana Grande – Rain On Me 5. Sam Smith, Demi Lovato — I’m Ready (6. Camila Cabello ft. DaBaby — My Oh My, assuming Justin does not submit Intentions) Pop Vocal Album 1. Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia 2. Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding 3. Harry Styles – Fine Line 4. Lady Gaga – Chromatica 5. Camila Cabello – Romance (6. Halsey — Manic, Sia — TBH, Kelly Clarkson — TBH)

Demi and Sam are not happening. That song is horrific and flopped hard.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

if DWAS wasn’t nominated i don’t see why i’m ready would be

Profile picture
    WildforFilm
    Topics:

Based on the list that was posted…

Best Pop Solo Performance
    Alicia Keys – “Underdog”
    Dua Lipa – “Don’t Start Now”
    Harry Styles – “Adore You”
    Lady Gaga – “Stupid Love”
    Post Malone – “Circles”
    The Weeknd – “Blinding Lights”

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber, “Stuck With U”
    Camila Cabello (f/ DaBaby) – “My Oh My”
    Coldplay – “Orphans”
    Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – “Rain on Me”
    Maroon 5 – “Memories”
    Twenty One Pilots – “Level of Concern”

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Camila Cabello, Romance
    Lady Gaga, Chromatica
    Halsey, Manic
    Dua Lipa, Future Nostalgia
    Post Malone, Hollywood’s Bleeding
    Harry Styles, Fine Line

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

I’m Ready is grammy bait. Youll seee, it’s two powerful vocalists on one track. Normani was not strong enough to get in

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

some of you are overly concerned about what is a hit rather than what voters will vote for. For example My oh my is already forgotten and peaked at what #12? How is that solid enough come September to grab a nomination?

Profile picture
    BEEJANCE (queen B)
    Topics:

I’m Ready is grammy bait. Youll seee, it’s two powerful vocalists on one track. Normani was not strong enough to get in

I guarantee you I’m Ready is not getting nominated. It is a very bad song and it was very unsuccessful like a hard hard flop.

Queen B (D)

Profile picture
    janet.
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  Ariana Grande is NOT getting 2 noms in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  “Rain On Me” is her only chance.

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

I guarantee you I’m Ready is not getting nominated. It is a very bad song and it was very unsuccessful like a hard hard flop.

#1. bad is subjective.

#2. how is a top 40 on BB Hot 100 a “hard hard flop“. Should I remind you Demi got in with Fall in Line which was #98 on the Hot 100? Also it’s not over yet. It’s still rising on pop radio and we’re not sure where it’ll go. Mediocre success, sure. Doesn’t mean it won’t be recognized.

#3. There are no guarantees. However to imply it does not have a chance when it is very feasible that voters will see Demi’s name and Sam’s name on one track, and select them simply for the powerhouse vocals that they are known for as “Best Pop Duo“. Like it doesn’t even have to be the most advanced song or biggest hit imo for it to have a chance.

#4. Don’t forget this category is incredibly weak. Does Ariana deserve to get 2 noms here with zero hype for her in general rn? or Justin Bieber who is not well liked? It doesn’t make sense. They aren’t in a position for that imo. But the category is weak and for that reason only it is possible.

Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

demi lovato is a stronger vocalist than normani, for sure, but i don’t feel as if normani was weak enough to make them lose the nomination.

plus, it’s evident that despite being a performance category, it’s not always the best performances which succeed. DWAS was likely a bigger hit than i’m ready will be and had a better reception

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! Ariana Grande is NOT getting 2 noms in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. “Rain On Me” is her only chance.

i can see her end up getting snubbed and getting only Rain On Me. Put your shoes in voters’ perspective, you are bombarded by Ariana tracks:

1. Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber – SWU

2. Lady Gaga ft. Ariana Grande – Rain On Me

3. Lizzo ft. Ariana Grande – GAH

4. Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Ray – DCMA

also the fact she didn’t win one grammy despite having 2 huge eras and lots of nominations is very telling imo of the fact she’s not considered invincible or favored by the grammys. She was a front runner for every nom and ended up losing all to Billie Eilish, an alternative artist

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

demi lovato is a stronger vocalist than normani, for sure, but i don’t feel as if normani was weak enough to make them lose the nomination. plus, it’s evident that despite being a performance category, it’s not always the best performances which succeed. DWAS was likely a bigger hit than i’m ready will be and had a better reception

When it comes to pop duo, often times it is about other things than just commercial success and acclaim. Was Normani established enough for the collaboration to be recognized? I think that was it’s downfall. Voters are not running over to vote for Normani x Sam Smith. However I can imagine them giving Demi Lovato x Sam Smith a shot, even if it isn’t a huge hit and an overall hastily done song.

Profile picture
    Lolo
    Topics:

Demi = 2x nominee, established name, acclaimed vocalist

Normani = a new solo act

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.