Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 516 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
M
Just for fun
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Wow this is bad

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

Rain On Me congrats for winning the Grammy!

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    1. Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain On Me
    2. Maroon 5 – Memories
    3. Justin Bieber feat. Quavo – Intentions
    4. Camila Cabello feat. DaBaby – My Oh My
    5. Powfu feat. beabadoobee – Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)
    (6.BENEE feat. Gus Dapperton – Supalonely)

They’re probably going to dip into the old geezer type of songs by the likes of Tony Bennett et al before they go for something like “Supalonely” or “Death Bed”

Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Honey, I am living for the rule change in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  YAY!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group just got even less competitive than it already was with the rule change about artists only being allowed 1 nomination. Yikes.

Lol I feel this rule was specifically designed for Ariana this year. It’s a stupid rule.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Lol I feel this rule was specifically designed for Ariana this year. It’s a stupid rule.

What rule is this?

Profile picture
    JJS5056
    Topics:

Is there a particular reason a song like Fall On Me has received quite a bit of attention, whereas other songs – less commercial / charting success – have been essentially ignored? Genuine question.

“My Oh My” should be held to a higher level of commercial standards, IMO, considering CC’s biggest asset is her ability to achieve mainstream sales. A #12 peak is extremely weak for that type of artist, and it being her highest charting song off Romance makes me think it has little chance at BPVA. Should I look at either the song or album in another way?

On the other hand, for reasons I imagine Fall On Me is a frequent mention, I feel that Level of Concern by 21 Pilots and/or If The World Was Ending by Julia Michaels/PJ Morton would be considered before a subpar single from an underwhelming pop era?

I. BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM
    1. Chromatica (Lady Gaga)
    2. Fine Line (Harry Styles)
    3. Future Nostalgia (Dua Lipa)
    4. Changes (Justin Bieber)
    5. Hollywood’s Bleeding (Post Malone)
    THOUGHTS: I only see Lady Gaga and Harry Styles as ‘safe.’
    a) Future Nostalgia should’ve done similarly to After Hours considering DSN was given a Top 10 residency thanks to Radio like Blinding Lights, yet that didn’t translate to successful singles or album sales.
    b) Hollywood’s Bleeding has been remarkably forgettable despite Circles being a Top 10 fixture on the Charts. In any other year, I’d already take it out.
    c) Changes would be the popular 1 to replace, but I think it’s actually the best album of these 3 and makes Rare and Romance look very weak.

II.BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE
    1. Blinding Lights (The Weeknd)
    2. Adore You (Harry Syles)
    3. Circles (Post Malone)
    4. Don’t Start Now (Dua Lipa)
    5. Say So (Doja Cat)
    6. Everything I Wanted (Billie Eilish)
    7-8. Stupid Love (Lady Gaga); Modern Loneliness (Tauv)
    THOUGHTS: Blinding Lights is the runaway here, and the fact that Don’t Start Now and Say So each had a similar retro/disco sonic influence has to hurt at least a bit. Say So reached #1 and has a better narrative than DSN; also, whereas Harry Styles is peaking, Circles has become exhausting.

III. BEST PERF. BY A POP DUO/GROUP
    1. Rain On Me (Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande)
    2. Intentions (Justin Bieber ft. Quavo)
    3. Fall On Me (A Great New World ft. Christina Aguilera)
    4. If The World Was Ending (Julia Michaels ft. PJ Morton)
    5. Level of Concern (21 Pilots)
    THOUGHTS: In a year with so many remixes and collaborations, big debuts with big crashes, I see the noms skewing toward ‘bait.’ I just don’t see Maroon 5 getting in. I didn’t think SWU had a shot, but the new rule takes Good As Hell — a possible name-check — out of contention for me.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Hollywood’s Bleeding has been remarkably forgettable despite Circles being a Top 10 fixture on the Charts.

When will this claim ever stop? At least the “Post has zero wins” claim has some ground, but to falsely say it is forgotten? Please do yourself a favour and take a look at the Billboard Charts thread.

Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

Why no one is predicting BTS simce they are Voting Members?

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

b) Hollywood’s Bleeding has been remarkably forgettable despite Circles being a Top 10 fixture on the Charts. In any other year, I’d already take it out.

Yeah, it’s so forgotten about that it’s still Top 10 on Billboard despite being 40 weeks old.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Why no one is predicting BTS simce they are Voting Members?

A lot of artists – famous and otherwise – are voting members.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.