Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 526 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Aaliyah
Darren
  • Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Lose You To Love Me is NOT ahead of Dua and Harry.

I could be convinced to put them ahead but honestly I don’t think any of them are in. This category tends to go for undeniable hits (“Blinding Lights”, “Circles”) and name checks (Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Kelly Clarkson). Don’t see much room for the likes of Selena, Dua, or Harry, but “Lose You To Love Me” being a #1 hit, “Don’t Start Now” having an impressive run in the Top 10, and “Adore You” being a baity hit keep them in the conversation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

I’m surprised more people aren’t considering Kelly Clarkson for Pop Solo. She consistently gets nominated even when her songs don’t blow up, and she’s at the top of the ballot. She’s very much one of their favorite name checks, and Taylor Swift and Beyoncé showed last year how much that can matter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VelezGirl
    Topics:

It seems like Miley Cryus is releasing new music this month. Does anyone think she will qualify for any of the Pop Grammy categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VelezGirl
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album: 1. Taylor Swift, folklore 2. Post Malone, Hollywood’s Bleeding 3. Lady Gaga, Chromatica 4. Dua Lipa, Futute Nostalgia 5. Harry Styles, Fine Line 6. Selena Gomez, Rare 7. Halsey, Manic 8. Coldplay, Everyday Life 9. Justin Bieber, Changes 10. Camila Cabello, Romance Pop Solo Performance: 1. The Weeknd, “Blinding Lights” 2. Post Malone, “Circles” 3. Taylor Swift, “cardigan” 4. Billie Eilish, “everything i wanted” 5. Kelly Clarkson, “I Dare You” 6. Selena Gomez, “Lose You To Love Me” 7. Demi Lovato, “Anyone” 8. Dua Lipa, “Don’t Start Now” 9. Harry Styles, “Adore You” 10. Lady Gaga, “Stupid Love” Pop Duo/Group Performance: 1. Taylor Swift and Bon Iver, “Exile” 2. Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande, “Rain On Me” 3. Doja Cat and Nicki Minaj, “Say So” 4. Maroon 5, “Memories” 5. Justin Bieber and Quavo, “Intentions” 6. Camila Cabello and DaBaby, “My Oh My” 7. Coldplay, “Orphans” 1 month of eligibility left and I still can’t come up with 10 contenders for Duo/Group.

Your predictions list surprisingly looks very solid. Towards the middle of the year, I thought that the Grammy’s pop music categories were going to be a complete and utter disaster. I mean, they aren’t as strong as they’ve been in the past but they aren’t the total trainwreck that I thought they would be. I really wanted Adele to release before the eligibitly period ends but maybe it’s best for her to wait.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Miley Cyrus + Pop nominations = NOT happening

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

Pop Solo really isn’t that strong this year now that I think about it..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

having kelly clarkson, selena gomez and demi lovato above dua lipa and harry styles in pop solo is delusional

kelly and demi could surprise but dua and harry are much safer bets

FYC: normani
    AOTY - normani x calvin harris EP
    ROTY/SOTY/PDG - bad to you
    SFVM/BMRP/BMV - diamonds

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Dua Lipa all over the board.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP, Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Distant Dreamer
    Topics:

Dua Lipa will keep momentum up throughout the voting process to keep her in. On top of that, voters have already nominated her with a live track and her name is towards the top. Demi Lovato is not happening, and Selena is unlikely since Rare’s peak was kind of DOA (though not impossible for her to show up)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

The Ep kinda tanked and so did Mother’s Daughter. She probably scrapped what she had planned and will do something different.

I’m pretty sure her plan was to release three EP’s that year and She Is Coming was the first one. However, after her breakup (and subsequently releasing “Slide Away”) in addition to the general underperformance of everything she had put out thus far caused it to be scrapped.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Kelly Clarkson can be snubbed; she has been for Pop Solo in the past two years. Her nominations happen in weak years like 2016’s and 2017’s Pop Solo lineups and 2018’s Pop Vocal. I’m sure she’ll end up high in the ballot, but I don’t think she’s happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift may get snubbed in Best Pop Solo Performance.  “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” “I Knew You Were Trouble,” “Look What You Made Me Do,” and the widely predicted “Delicate” were all snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 526 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.