Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 526 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Aaliyah
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, we go through this every time Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, and Taylor Swift release music.

At first, bitches claimed “Rain On Me” was the frontrunner in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  Once it was forgotten and on the first day of Ms. Swift’s release, bitches claimed “Exile” was the frontrunner.  You delusional girls do NOT know if y’all are coming or going.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

It’s still a bit too soon to decide between ROM and Exile. Taylor could still give Exhile a push and perhaps even end the race. If Exhile finds some more success it’ll definetely have the edge as it really is more what they’d typically go for. And Gaga can still give ROM one last moment at the VMAs with a (virtual) performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Lady Gaga having a great track record in pop and recent wins (against an even-bigger Maroon 5 song, may I add); Ariana having a decent pop history, enough to get her filler nods (also winning against Taylor, may I add). Their names together will probably be a good sell, especially since the competition is Justin Bieber and Maroon 5, both of which have a spotty history at best.

Gaga won in the pop field with (1) the biggest album of her career, (2) an acoustic piano ballad, (3) a smash hit ballad from a blockbuster film. Going with that to a dance-pop song with an artist who has won exactly one Grammy that is plummeting off the charts being the frontrunner to win when there are much bigger hits in the running (actual hits that didn’t just debut high then fall) seems like a massive leap in logic. But maybe that’s just me.

Maroon 5 is honestly One Direction type of boyband level music at this moment. Their music lacks any originality and could be used as a defining example if you ever needed to explain the word “generic” to anyone. They’re not what they were with their debut and they will never win a Grammy again. They’re simply not respected enough anymore.

No matter how big the charts say Memories was, it felt like such a non-event compared to ROM. More people are aware of ROM and that is was a hit, even if Memories was technically bigger.

I’m sorry, but can we please stick to actual arguments and not subjective opinions?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fortunesfool
    Topics:

Sorry but Maroon 5 is a non factor in Pop Duo. They are filler like they always are. Their songs are generic and radio fueled. There is no passion for them. That’s why they always lose despite having monster hits. “Memories” is jsut more of the same for them.

I can see “Rain of Me” winning but there is a history of superstar collabs that lost.. Yes most collabs flop but “Telephone” didn’t and yet it lost.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fortunesfool
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but can we please stick to actual arguments and not subjective opinions?

Wouldn’t the facts be 10 years of having the biggest or one of the biggest radio hits in contention but always losing?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Seems like 95% of the people here agree with the statement that Maroon 5 will be generic filler tho. So a widely accepted subjective opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Religion
    Topics:

ROM was ahead of Memories because it’s Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande collaborating on a #1 hit. We know names hold a lot of weight with the Grammys and especially so when the only competition is a radio fueled Maroon 5 hit. ROM was the frontrunner until Exile came along which is on lock for a nomination, and we all know Taylor will find a way to campaign during the voting period

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Seems like 95% of the people here agree with the statement that Maroon 5 will be generic filler tho. So a widely accepted subjective opinion.

95% of people here also said Lil Nas X was winning Record of the Year and Billie Eilish wouldn’t sweep, so I’ll take their opinions with a grain of salt

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I think most people would agree that Rain On Me feels much bigger than Memories.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Get real!  “Exile” is NOT a lock in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  You Swifties are beyond delusional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

I think most people would agree that Rain On Me feels much bigger than Memories.

Most people where? 20 something gay men?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

I think it’ll be Rain On Me for the Pop Duo/ Group win. Especially after the VMAs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Exile is a lock, because it is made for Grammys and Grammys will ship it.  Artists that did well in the eligibilty year appear easier in multiple categories sometimes, without necessery having the defining hit in that category. As HDD noted, Taylor Swift is considered a main person for Grammys 2021, it is not like last year that Ariana and Billie were the main dish and she was an afterthought in pop categories. Everything matters, the project, the acclaim, the reception, who stood out during the year etc.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP, Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Most people where? 20 something gay men?

I mean most people in general. Most people barely remember Memories.

But the fact that we need to debate which one is bigger is an issue for Maroon 5 because Memories would need to be absolutely massive to overcome the fact that Gaga and Ariana are way more liked by pop voters. Even if people think Memories is slightly bigger, that won’t be enough to overcome the fact that the Academy doesn’t like them very much compared to their competition.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

By literally what metric?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 526 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.