Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 526 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Aaliyah
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, Camila ‘Racist’ Cabello is NOT happening at all.  “My Oh My” and Romance came and went.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Rain On Me did not feel and is not bigger than Memories. One was spammed on radio and the other was dropped already.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I guess I could just be in a bubble but I genuinely don’t understand how people felt like Memories was a bigger event than Rain On Me. I didn’t even remember Memories was a song that existed until this conversation started and I did hear it a lot on the radio 10 months ago.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“Bigger event” is subjective. One of those songs was objectively more popular and much bigger commercially, and I think we both know it was not “Rain On Me.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato, “Fall In Line” made no noise and got nominated.  I would NOT underestimate A Great Big Word & Christina Aguilera, “Fall On Me.”  Both previous Best Pop Duo/Group Performance winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Pop Duo
    “exile” (Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver)
    “Rain On Me” (Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande)
    “Memories” (Maroon 5)
    “ALREADY” (Beyoncé feat. Shatta Wale & Major Lazer)
    “Fall on Me” (A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera)

I won’t be surprised if the Pop duo/group category looks like this next year. ‘The Gift’ already received 2 noms in the pop field last year and ‘Spirit’ got in pop solo against hits like ‘Without Me’ & ‘Someone You Loved’ and Eds collab with Justin Bieber “I Don’t Care” didn’t receive a Pop/Duo nom despite being a hit and No.6 being nominated in Pop Vocal. I think Intentions might be snubbed, especially with the reception and lack of commercial success of Changes.
    Besides that, Xtina received a Pop Duo/Group nom for 2019 grammys with Demi despite the song being a huge flop

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Rain On Me was definitely a moment when released, otherwise it wouldn’t have gone #1.

Anyways, I don’t see it for Fall On Me. Fall In Line was helped by Demi Lovato and her whole situation, and it was still a known song and even performed at a couple award shows (I know FOM got an AMA performance, but that was in October; FIL was performed closer). Also Fall On Me will not be on top of the list but will be listen under G for A Great Big World. I guess it could get a nom but I wouldn’t predict it over Intentions, which is still a huge hit by past nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I think a bunch of new Pop Duo/Group contenders will emerge during this month of eligibility.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Honey, Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato, “Fall In Line” made no noise and got nominated.  I would NOT underestimate A Great Big Word & Christina Aguilera, “Fall On Me.”  Both previous Best Pop Duo/Group Performance winners.

Fall On Me could get in as filler over Intentions

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

Rain On Me was definitely a moment when released, otherwise it wouldn’t have gone #1. Anyways, I don’t see it for Fall On Me. Fall In Line was helped by Demi Lovato and her whole situation, and it was still a known song and even performed at a couple award shows (I know FOM got an AMA performance, but that was in October; FIL was performed closer). Also Fall On Me will not be on top of the list but will be listen under G for A Great Big World. I guess it could get a nom but I wouldn’t predict it over Intentions, which is still a huge hit by past nominees.

why would it be under “g” and not “a”?. It’s a stage name not a proper name.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Honey, articles (“a,” “an,” “the”) are NOT included in the alphabetization process.  Duh! So, A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera, “Fall On Me” will be listed under ‘G’ on the ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

why would it be under “g” and not “a”?. It’s a stage name not a proper name.

Articles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Rain On Me was the big moment in Pop Culture. Probably the biggest this year. Not saying this a stan but as a fan and listener of pop music. The day Rain One Me came out, It was madness all over social media and that was just when the single was first released. When the music Video dropped the next morning, It was even bigger.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I think it comes down to passion. No one cares about another bland Maroon 5 song despite now big it is. Rain On Me is a song people remember and actually care  about. I have zero emotional investment in Maroon 5 and their music. It’s just there. But Pop voters do care about stars and celebrities like Gaga and Ariana. That’s what makes it feel bigger. People talk about it on social media because there’s something to talk about. There’s no reason to talk about Maroon 5.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

I can’t believe people really think “Memories” can win. If Girls Like You could not, nothing will. If not Rain On Me, Exile will win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 526 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.