Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 526 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Aaliyah
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

You’re right, If we check the overall picture of the eligibility season (In Pop) this year The Weeknd, Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga, Post Malone, Ariana Grande, Doja Cat, Harry Styles & Bille Eilish literally Dominated the music industry this year and checked every single mark (Commercial, Critical Success) in order for them to be highly considered by Grammy Voters. That’s It.

Taylor Swift eclipsed all the mentioned persons in a week, commercialy and critically.  In regards to Gaga she had the weakest year of all the persons you listed, so this domination is not based on numbers. I can understand Harry Styles dominating, but dont group all of them, like they had the same type of year.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP, Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aaliyah
    Topics:

Get real!  “Rain On Me” was NOT a moment when released.  Only delusional Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande fangirls think that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I Hope is a country song and Gabby will submit it to country without Charlie lmao.

See I dont listen to Country radio to know but I always hear the Charli version on Z100 etc. So I thought that was the “single version”. It sounds like a Pop song to me though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I don’t see why they’d submit the remix. Country will be way easier to get into.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

Even though it’s highly unlikely to happen, I would love to see Charli XCX and Christine and the Queens get a Pop Duo nomination for “Gone”.

Would also love to see her show up in Pop Vocal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Taylor Swift eclipsed all the mentioned persons in a week, commercialy and critically. In regards to Gaga she had the weakest year of all the persons you listed, so this domination is not based on numbers. I can understand Harry Styles dominating, but dont group all of them, like they had the same type of year.

Never said it was based on numbers, but if you want to talk about numbers we can talk about how Cardigan could fall out of the top 10 by next week & Exile could exit the top 20 by next week as well. I don’t consider that a commercial success. It’s not about who debuts the highest, it’s about who stays and has longevity throughout the year. In which all of these artists mentioned above have maintained that. Even Gaga, Rain On Me didn’t fall that hard. It’s still did & is doing well within months of its release. I don’t hate Taylor. I want her to succeed but sometimes you gotta look at the reality of the situation. No matter if the album and song is incredible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Never said it was based on numbers, but if you want to talk about numbers we can talk about how Cardigan could fall out of the top 10 by next week & Exile could exit the top 20 by next week as well. I don’t consider that a commercial success. It’s not about who debuts the highest, it’s about who stays and has longevity throughout the year. In which all of these artists mentioned above have maintained that. Even Gaga, Rain On Me didn’t fall that hard. It’s still did & is doing well within months of its release. I don’t hate Taylor. I want her to succeed but sometimes you gotta look at the reality of the situation. No matter if the album and song is incredible.

I dont know what predictions you are referring, but from what i see the song is predicted to stay in top 10 on the second week. Thats amazing for a solo folk song.  ROM only spent 4 weeeks on the top 10, kinda weak when other female #1 like Savage spent 14 weeks there. Radio is dropping the song and it will luckily Exit the Chart in the next weeks. So, i dont know what longevity you are Talking About. Using your own words.. It’s not about who debuts the highest, it’s about who stays and has longevity throughout the year.

BB200 this week

#1 Folklore (2nd week)

#36 Lover (1 year old)

#42 Chromatica (10 weeks)

https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

FYC Grammys 2021

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

A couple things:

exile isn’t a single and has had no promo so it isn’t shocking that it’s leaving the top 20.

cardigan is having a fairly rough drop but it’s not really a mainstream song.

The reason Rain On Me didn’t fall is mostly because the album was released for it’s second week.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

The reason Rain On Me didn’t fall is mostly because the album was released for it’s second week.

Rain On Me spent two additional weeks in the top 10 though after the album release week. I think what made the difference is radio and sales. Rain On Me was bigger in sales and airplay.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

I’m trying to see who people think will be nominated in Pop Solo but the last 20 pages have been about Memories, Rain On Me and Exile.

I think Memories doesn’t stand a chance. Voters don’t look at how many weeks a song spent in the top 10. If that’s the case, Despacito and Girls Like You would’ve won.

Right now Rain On Me has the edge and the VMAs will give it a boost. But if Exile takes off in September I can see it winning. In short, it’s only between Rain On Me and Exile. And both are good songs in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

I’m trying to see who people think will be nominated in Pop Solo but the last 20 pages have been about Memories, Rain On Me and Exile. I think Memories doesn’t stand a chance. Voters don’t look at how many weeks a song spent in the top 10. If that’s the case, Despacito and Girls Like You would’ve won. Right now Rain On Me has the edge and the VMAs will give it a boost. But if Exile takes off in September I can see it winning. In short, it’s only between Rain On Me and Exile. And both are good songs in my opinion.

I agree, so far no song has been really solid that you can say it’s a definite winner. I feel like with Pop duo literally anything can happen over the next few months and the top 5 could end up looking very different than what most of us are predicting. As of right now I’d tie ROM and Exile

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Pop Solo
    1 The Weeknd – Blinding Lights (Only lock)
    2 Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now (Near Lock)
    3 Post Malone – Circles
    4 Taylor Swift – Cardigan
    5 Harry Styles – Adore You / Watermelon Sugar

6 Billie Eilish – Everything I Wanted
    7 Lady Gaga – Stupid Love
    8 Selena Gomez – Lose You To Love Me
    9 Halsey – You Should Be Sad

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Nominations Pop Vocal prediction

1 Folklore

2 Fine Line

3 Future Nostalgia

4 Hollywoods Bleeding

5 Chromatica

…………… possible other………….

6 Manic

7 Romance

8 Changes

9 Rare

FYC Grammys 2021

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 526 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.