Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 520 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Xtina
darren
  • Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

I think it’s fair if Intentions gets a nomination. It did well on charts, sales and it’s not a bad song. If the grammy indicates Dynamite instead of it, it will prove that it’s all for the (teen) audience

I Don’t Care was snubbed. Changes is panned and a flop album. Intentions might be nominated but I’m predicting to be snubbed.

If they nominate BTS its because they want to increase ratings for sure but I don’t see a problem with that, they nominated Justin Bieber in the past back in 2011 when he was only a teenager with the full of the teen audience that BTS currently have.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I just don’t think BTS belongs to the Grammys. They should at least uphold some integrity.

This is so fucked up. The way no one said this for Camila Cabello or any of the other teen acts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Fernando Coelho
    Topics:

This is so fucked up. The way no one said for Camila Cabello or any of the other teen acts.

Honestly, neither Dynamite nor Ice Cream are good songs, they are generic and the amount of autotune is shameful. In addition, the number of versions that BTS made available for fans to buy is absurd … My question is not because they are Korean, but because they are very bad songs to receive Grammy nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

This is so fucked up. The way no one said for Camila Cabello or any of the other teen acts.

Okay. Havana and Senorita is better than everything BTS has delivered. What other teen acts are you talking about? Billie Eilish? The girl who just swept the General Field.

If they couldn’t honor Kesha at her commercial peak and Kesha has better music and more talented then I don’t feel sorry for BTS.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

It’s not about them singing in a foreign language. You don’t have to understand the words to know when something resonates with you. BTS releases noise . And if you want to talk about appropriation they appropriate the most off Black culture with the way they dress, trying to “rap” like get the fuck out. BTS and 99% of these K-POP groups with 27 members are TRAAAAAAAAASH.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Okay. Havana and Senorita is better than everything BTS has delivered. What other teen acts are you talking about? Billie Eilish? The girl who just sweeper the General Field.

If they couldn’t honor Kesha at her commercial peak and Kesha has better music and more talented then I don’t feel sorry for BTS.

So? This is the Grammy’s not the Billboard Music Awards. And even if we go by that, there’s a pretty good chance Dynamite becomes bigger than some of the tracks you’re predicting. What’s the excuse?

The way some of you talk about BTS like their music is offensive or anything other than generic is just blatantly xenophobic. The Grammy’s are supposed to have “uphold integrity” yet we’re predicting My Oh My and Intentions? Give me a break.

And Ke$ha was an autotuned party drunk girl who’s biggest song is about brushing her teeth with Jack and getting wasted. If you can’t see the difference between that and Dynamite then you’re just outright delusional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

So? This is the Grammy’s not the Billboard Music Awards. And even if we go by that, there’s a pretty good chance Dynamite becomes bigger than some of the tracks you’re predicting. What’s the excuse?

The way some of you talk about BTS like their music is offensive or anything other than generic is just blatantly xenophobic. The Grammy’s are supposed to have “uphold integrity” yet we’re predicting My Oh My and Intentions? Give me a break.

And Ke$ha was an autotuned party drunk girl who’s biggest song is about brushing her teeth with Jack and getting wasted. If you can’t see the difference between that and Dynamite then you’re just outright delusional.

TiKTok is a 100 times more interesting and enjoyable than that garbage of a song that BTS delivers. Yes their music is offensive to our ears. Dynamite is an horrible song. I could give two fucks if Camila and Justin is nominated but I would rather them get nominated than BTS. If having a preference for quality makes you delusional then I’d gladly claim that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Fernando Coelho
    Topics:

So? This is the Grammy’s not the Billboard Music Awards. And even if we go by that, there’s a pretty good chance Dynamite becomes bigger than some of the tracks you’re predicting. What’s the excuse? The way some of you talk about BTS like their music is offensive or anything other than generic is just blatantly xenophobic. The Grammy’s are supposed to have “uphold integrity” yet we’re predicting My Oh My and Intentions? Give me a break. And Ke$ha was an autotuned party drunk girl who’s biggest song is about brushing her teeth with Jack and getting wasted. If you can’t see the difference between that and Dynamite then you’re just outright delusional.

To say that BTS deserves the indication for the “success” that the fans made of the song is acceptable, but to say that it is good, no.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I don’t care at all for BTS but “integrity” when Camila Cabello and Doja Cat are potential nominees is a huge LOL

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

To say that BTS deserves the indication for the “success” that the fans made of the song is acceptable, but to say that it is good, no.

Again: that’s your opinion. But to act like the Grammy’s will lose any integrity if they nominate BTS is just plain idiotic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

It’s not about them singing in a foreign language. You don’t have to understand the words to know when something resonates with you. BTS releases noise . And if you want to talk about appropriation they appropriate the most off Black culture with the way they dress, trying to “rap” like get the fuck out. BTS and 99% of these K-POP groups with 27 members are TRAAAAAAAAASH.

Girl BYE, don’t you stan Doja Cat? The fake morale

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Y’all talk about quality at the Grammy’s when they also have nominated a lot of trashy songs.

As much as I dislike BTS they can get nominated, the song is kind of a success, it’s #1 and if it also maintains a bit of longevity it can get a nom.

Also a lot of “teen acts” have gotten nominations, some have even won in the GF so that’s no excuse to say BTS can’t get a nomination.

I will also point out that, pop duo is a weak field this year. BTS is high on the list, the song even if it isn’t that good is in English which gives it an advantage over their previous song which are in Korean.

I find of everyone very hypocritical saying Dynamite is a bad song and it’s trash and saying it shouldn’t get a nom cause they “uphold integrity” when in reality the Grammy’s have nominated a lot of bad songs or albums and even awarded a so so album that didn’t deserve over a quality album that should’ve won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

these are my predictions pre-submissions
    Best Pop Vocal Album
    “Chromatica” – Lady Gaga
    “Fine Line” – Harry Styles
    “folklore” – Taylor Swift
    “Future Nostalgia” – Dua Lipa
    “Hollywood’s Bleeding” – Post Malone

Best Pop Solo Performance
    “Blinding Lights” – The Weeknd
    “Watermelon Sugar” – Harry Styles
    “Circles” – Post Malone
    “Don’t Start Now” – Dua Lipa
    “everything I wanted” – Billie Eilish

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    “Intentions” – Justin Bieber feat. Quavo
    “Dynamite” – BTS
    “Exile” – Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver
    “Memories” – Maroon 5
    “Rain On Me” – Lady Gaga with Ariana Grande

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Fernando Coelho
    Topics:

Again: that’s your opinion. But to act like the Grammy’s will lose any integrity if they nominate BTS is just plain idiotic.

Not only my opinion, anyone with the minimum of auditory intellect concludes that the music is bad. They have other better songs, ON is an example of that. Anyway, I can see the grammy raising the pop category to 6 just to indicate them. And yes, best duo is weak this year and maybe the only guarantee is Rain on me, but there are much better tracks, like Exile, Intentions, Already, Memories … all of these deserve more than Dynamite, even if they are not all “successful” “

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Girl BYE, don’t you stan Doja Cat? The fake morale

I don’t “stan” anyone. I’m an adult with a like for multiple artists and genres. Try someone else.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 520 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.