Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 511 through 520 (of 520 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Gucci
Darren
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I’d much rather Dynamite get in than Intentions. It’s easily a better song and that representation in a big award show will mean something to someone.

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

It’s how BTS music and album is critical acclaimed  by the same publications y’all use to uplift you’re faves. It’s how statistically about 75% or so of their fanbase are adult but no let’s hate them because they’re a “teen act” and even if that was statistically true other teen acts have been nominated as other poster has stated.

Not that Metacritic really means anything when it comes to the Grammys but the point still stands!

Yall talk about integrity as if old town road wasn’t nominated simply because it was too big to ignore and his panned EP didn’t get an AOTY nom. As if You Need to Calm Down (no shade) wasn’t nominated.

And lastly language definitively plays a part, how many non English songs/albums have received nominations in the general/pop fields that didn’t have to go viral to do so? If language wasn’t a barrier Rosalía should of been nominated for more than just the Latin category and Best New Artist Right at the main Grammys!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kes
    Topics:

why people have to make everything about race? I’m Asian and I hate BTS. Their songs are trash. It’s not xenophobia. It’s not racism. I just cannot enjoy their music. and to say that Dynamite has good lyrics is just ridiculous. No, it’s cringey af and their voice in that song physically hurt my ear thank you next. They have better songs, eg Dope, On. But this song is straight-up trash and it doesn’t deserve a Grammy nomination in any dimension.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kes
    Topics:

It’s how BTS music and album is critical acclaimed by the same publications y’all use to uplift you’re faves. It’s how statistically about 75% or so of their fanbase are adult but no let’s hate them because they’re a “teen act” and even if that was statistically true other teen acts have been nominated as other poster has stated. Not that Metacritic really means anything when it comes to the Grammys but the point still stands! Yall talk about integrity as if old town road wasn’t nominated simply because it was too big to ignore and his panned EP didn’t get an AOTY nom. As if You Need to Calm Down (no shade) wasn’t nominated. And lastly language definitively plays a part, how many non English songs/albums have received nominations in the general/pop fields that didn’t have to go viral to do so? If language wasn’t a barrier Rosalía should of been nominated for more than just the Latin category and Best New Artist Right at the main Grammys!

Old Town Road is a good song itself. YNTCD has a decent chart run, is a political song, has a massive video, won video of the year. It has a moment in the pride month.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    kes
    Topics:

And their fans are just so stupid. They are spamming under the grammy twitter account saying it’s an insult to give them a BNA nomination as if not everyone in the world wants that award…. And They are even creating categories….they say bts deserves Artist of the year etc… they’re crazy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Do you guys think ”Lose You To Love Me” by Selena Gomez has a chance in getting in Pop Solo Performance and SOTY? She has been campaigning and i don’t know if the Acedemy will take her seriously.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Do you guys think ”Lose You To Love Me” by Selena Gomez has a chance in getting in Pop Solo Performance and SOTY? She has been campaigning and i don’t know if the Acedemy will take her seriously.

No. Selena isn’t the GRAMMYs cup of tea.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 10 posts - 511 through 520 (of 520 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.