Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 5)

2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 533 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
rue
jellythe3rd
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

The Grammy’s are all about momentum and visibility. Lizzo got 8 nominations because Truth Hurts was #1 at the time and she was campaigning. You barely see her this year. She’s not going to be nominated.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

I still think Good As Hell ft Ariana Grande will be nominated for best pop duo performance. Just cause the song is big and last year Lizzo got nominated 8 times, they clearly respect her enough to nominate. I think she is being underestimated.

Ariana can have only one entry for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, and that one will be “Rain on Me”.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I still think Good As Hell ft Ariana Grande will be nominated for best pop duo performance. Just cause the song is big and last year Lizzo got nominated 8 times, they clearly respect her enough to nominate. I think she is being underestimated.

But she would have to get more votes than Rain On Me (and Stuck With U) to be nominated which almost certainly won’t happen.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I think Selena is being underestimated. LYTLM is an SOTY-bait song, her name was the first on the Rolling Stone cover that is being sent to voters, Song exploder + Grammy Museum interview. She is campaigning.

is easier for her to get in SOTY than BPSP tbh

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

I wonder if there will be another Joanne/Spirit that’ll sneaks into pop solo and kick one of the major hits out

I think if this happens it will be Stupid Love nominated over Adore You/Watermelon Sugar

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I think Selena is being underestimated. LYTLM is an SOTY-bait song, her name was the first on the Rolling Stone cover that is being sent to voters, Song exploder + Grammy Museum interview. She is campaigning.

There were 5 covers being sent out, one of which Selena was on. They also included Fka Twigs who as much as I wish, is not a frontrunner.

What the hell is song exploder?

And sure it’s a ballad but facts are that it’s very forgotten. If she hadn’t released it in October then I’d say she had a good shot.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

I wouldn’t consider Stupid Love to be another Joanne/Spirit situation. It would be a surprise but not totally random like those nominations. After all it’s a TOP5 song that had like 50M+ radio audience for a while and it was performed at the VMAs. So voters may be familiar with it.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Stupid Love is only happening if the voters have a hard on for chromatica.
    honestly, doubt it

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Imagine wasting a spot in such a competitive year for Pop solo performance with something like Stupid Love. A nightmare.

Profile picture
    Taylor Wikoff
    Topics:

Stupid Love is only happening if the voters have a hard on for chromatica. honestly, doubt it

Eh, I think it would more be a namecheck. She’s a veteran, very well-liked in the industry, the song surprisingly was well-received critically, etc. I could see voters going for her over say Harry.

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

“911” would get in before “Stupid Love” (if it were submitted).

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve discussed Selena Gomez a billion times.  The awful “Lose You to Love Me” is NOT happening in any category.  She is NOT taken seriously as an artist.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    Roselía
    Topics:

I think Selena has a chance at a nom somewhere. Even if it is filler. She is campaigning and when it was released I remember some Grammy voters talking about it positively. I do think at most she would get SOTY, but she is underestimated here.

I also have Cardigan in SOTY, instead of Betty, I like the lyrics way more, and the production is amazing in the former

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, what in the Miley Cyrus is going on? “Good As Hell (Remix)” deserves to get in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance over the atrocious “Rain On Me.”  YUCK!

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I’m still not buying Gaga in Pop Solo, we all know why Joanne got in and these factors are not here this year. Plus SL got completely overshadowed by ROM that actually feels like the lead single. I’m predicting 3 nods for Gaga: ROTY, Pop Album and Pop Duo.

As for Selena I don’t really see it anywhere. LYTLM had an impressive debut but didn’t have great longevity and it peaked way too soon. The underperformance of Rare and all of the following singles doesn’t help either. And we all know how she is received by the academy.

Still undecided wheter to put cardigan in Pop Solo. I’m on the fence between her and Billie, even though I’m convinced both will eventually show up in SOTY.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMY Pop Field Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.